• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

If there's a false narrative here it's that anyone here has suggested in anyway that he should  be kept away because of a possible weakness in the current locker room which bringing him over might expose. 

It's not much different than real life if you chose to walk away from what you're asked to do whether you agree or not there's consequences. And yeah there's a turd line of guys who continue to put the work in and as such almost always still make the lineup when healthy. The one thing they always get credit for is their attitude.  The easiest box of all to check. 

• Like 1

If his camp reached out to Drury, or Drury asked and he agreed to come over, then maybe. 

But I doubt that.

I think his stock has risen somewhat, as he did have a nice season and a nice playoff run over there. Playing well never hurts.

I think at this point, it probably sits as it is until the season is over, unless there’s some change in his willingness to go to Hartford. 
Then they take another whack, one last shot, at trying to get him turned around. If so, great. You bring him back over here in the fall and see what happens.

If not, he’s gone at the draft. 

41 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Technically, he refused to help Hartford because the GM refused to let him help the NHL club. 😛

Nah. He refused to help the Rangers. By refusing a simple assignment contingent on getting into better conditioning shape. It was always temporary. But we're not going to agree here. I love how Drury handled this.

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Him not making the team out of camp isn’t being debated at all. He was hurt. No one is disputing how he handled that and it’s irrelevant at this point. The two sides got to where they are. Regurgitation isn’t necessary.  It’s about what to do now, not just keep bringing up something from 6 months ago every time his name comes back up. 

As for him being better than Alf or Kakko, I never said that. I don’t think I’ve read anyone ever say that.  I said they’ve given incredibly longer leashes to quite a few prospects yet refuse to revisit the 9th overall pick because he threw a temper tantrum at 21 years old. 

This is my whole point.  Laf and Kakko have both been shuffled around the lineup and stapled to the bench mid game.  From what we can see, they respond appropriately, keep working, and doing what is asked of them.  Lundkvist made the team out of camp, got demoted, went to Hartford and kept working.  Jones didn't make the team out of camp, went to Hartford and kept working.  There's no conspiracy against Krav here, and Krav hasn't done anything here to show he should be thrown into the top 6.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

49 minutes ago, Phil said:

You don't get to play for us in the playoffs if you refused to help us get there. Better?

He did not refuse to help them get to the playoffs.

He did NOT abandon the guys on this team.

He refused an assignment to Hartford.

And we keep ignoring this, when  Drury is notoriously silent on everything.

"We think very highly of Vitali, and the Rangers’ development staff will continue to work with him to reach our mutual goal of him some day being a New York Ranger.’’ - Chris Drury

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/vitali-kravtsov-khl-loan-j86014

• Bullseye 1

1 minute ago, Long live the King said:

This is my whole point.  Laf and Kakko have both been shuffled around the lineup and stapled to the bench mid game.  From what we can see, they respond appropriately, keep working, and doing what is asked of them.  Lundkvist made the team out of camp, got demoted, went to Hartford and kept working.  Jones didn't make the team out of camp, went to Hartford and kept working.  There's no conspiracy against Krav here, and Krav hasn't done anything here to show he should be thrown into the top 6.

What makes you think he didnt keep working?

3 minutes ago, josh said:

What makes you think he didnt keep working?

He didn't keep working for the organization that employs him in whatever duty they bestowed upon him. 

He may be working for someone else but it wasn't for the Rangers organization. 

6 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

He didn't keep working for the organization that employs him in whatever duty they bestowed upon him. 

He may be working for someone else but it wasn't for the Rangers organization. 

we KNOW there are issues with Hartford, and people dont want to be there, especially when told they'll be with the Rangers.

17 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Kravtsov agrees with him tho, since he said he would play for another AHL team.

Probably because he doesn't want to risk playing under Knoblauch again who he knows he can't walk all over, and won't let him coast.

There's a reason he's preferential to playing in Traktor and it's likely because he can get away with doing his own thing there. He's in love with his coach there, Gatiyatulin, who coached him pre-draft then left Traktor before returning the last two years. The first time Kravtsov pouted back to Russia he didn't like his experience there either because Skudra was his coach, not Gatiyatulin. Skudra sent Kravtsov down to the Russian minors. Kravtsov returned to North America to play in Hartford instead of staying with Traktor and Skudra.

So is Hartford the problem or is this just a kid who doesn't like to be confronted when told he needs to play better?

• The Chyt! 1
  • Applause 1

9 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

And Schneider, Shesterkin, Lindgren, etc.

none are comparable to the Kravtsov situation.

I mean, unless its Shesterkin re-upping with SKA instead of going to Hartford. Twice.

19 minutes ago, josh said:

4 top 10 picks, nothing to show for it.

But Zac Jones likes Hartford!

Who are these picks outside of Andersson and Kravtsov?

Didn't seem to be a problem for lots of first-rounders like Lundkvist, Chytil, Kreider, etc.

Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

Probably because he doesn't want to risk playing under Knoblauch again who he knows he can't walk all over, and won't let him coast. There's a reason he's preferential to playing in Traktor and it's likely because he can get away with doing his own thing there. He's in love with his coach there, Gatiyatulin, who coached him pre-draft then left Traktor before returning the last two years. The first time Kravtsov pouted back to Russia he didn't like his experience there either because Skudra was his coach, not Gatiyatulin. Skudra sent Kravtsov down to the Russian minors. Kravtsov returned to North America to play in Hartford instead of staying with Traktor and Skudra. So is Hartford the problem or is this just a kid who doesn't like to be confronted when told he needs to play better?

Marc Lamont Hill Wtf GIF by Identity

19 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Kravtsov agrees with him tho, since he said he would play for another AHL team.

Nah, we're inferring this, but it's conjecture, not fact. I'd argue that Kravtsov's position, spoken through his agent through Dreger, is his way of signaling that he wants out of the Rangers organization. Not that he hates Hartford, specifically.

• VINNY! 1