• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

Kravtsov pouted back to Russia the first time two years ago because he didn't think that Knoblauch wasn't using him enough. So what's your argument here besides a GIF?

You obviously havent watched Kravtsov or Traktor this season. 

2 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

What does that have to do with Kravtsov two years ago?

ooh sorry.

You obviously havent watched Kravtsov or Traktor in 3 years... if your comment is about getting to do what he wants and coasting all over the ice.

Just now, josh said:

Phil busting out the Anti-DeAngelo math on that one.

I know, right? The logic is so hard to follow.

1. Kravtsov was documented as butting heads with Drury both in the AHL when Drury was GM there, and the NHL, where he's GM now.

2. Kravtsov requested a trade to ANOTHER ORGANIZATION.

3. Kravtsov said he'll play for ANOTHER ORGANIZATION'S AHL team.

What on earth could be the connective tissue here...

Ponder Inspector Gadget GIF

Another organization... another organization... the Rangers... another organization...

Figure It Out What GIF by HyperX

I...

I've...

I've got it!

"Kravtsov doesn't like Hartford, Connecticut!"

• LMFAO 1

Just now, josh said:

ooh sorry.

You obviously havent watched Kravtsov or Traktor in 3 years... if your comment is about getting to do what he wants and coasting all over the ice.

I have, but cool.

Four coaches in three different leagues have challenged him on his effort. There's only one coach that he's gelled with. I wonder what the problem is...

Fun fact: Chris Kreider hadn't played a single regular season game for the Rangers or the Whale/Wolfpack before being inserted into the playoff lineup in 2012 for a Rangers team that was the #1 seed in the East. He went from college games straight to NHL playoff games. Let's not pretend this is some epic stand by Drury. If a guy might make a professional team better, they will get put in if the situation allows. There's really good reason to believe Kravtsov would make the team better. Holding him out is petty - pure and simple.

9 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I don’t get the issue with Hartford. It’s not as if there are very many AHL teams that play in awesome cities. 

Probably because there isn't one. Occam's razor. He doesn't like Drury. Hard to be a Ranger when he's now President & GM.

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

Fun fact: Chris Kreider hadn't played a single regular season game for the Rangers or the Whale/Wolfpack before being inserted into the playoff lineup in 2012 for a Rangers team that was the #1 seed in the East. He went from college games straight to NHL playoff games. Let's not pretend this is some epic stand by Drury. If a guy might make a professional team better, they will get put in if the situation allows. There's really good reason to believe Kravtsov would make the team better. Holding him out is petty - pure and simple.

Except Krav has played NHL games before.  20 of em.  4 points.

Also, after playing in the playoffs, Kreider played the next season in the AHL until April. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

8 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Who ended up playing 54 games for Hartford. Who didn't make the team out of camp in 2013-14 only to be called up several games later. Which could've been the case for Kravtsov had he not left. Not sure how Kreider is an example that helps Kravtsov's case here. He's an example of what Kravtsov should've done.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

7 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Sure, if you conveniently refuse to include critical context like the background of both players. One of whom has developed a rep for pouting when he doesn't get his way.

But you're right. Totally the same player. No differences to speak of whatsoever.

All of you missed the point. The point was a player doesn't have to be here playing regular season games in order to be qualified to play in the playoffs for the big club. If you don't think Kravtsov might be more useful than at least a few of the players on the roster, then we just don't agree.

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Probably because there isn't one. Occam's razor. He doesn't like Drury. Hard to be a Ranger when he's now President & GM.

I get that… but here’s the thing.

How much contact do players actually have with the GM?, number 1.

And number 2, if he just came over, accepted his assignment, and did well, wouldn’t that fix a lot?

I think we’ve all had similar situations professionally.

I know I have. I liked the people I worked with. I liked my immediate senior or the management team. I didn’t like who was above them. 
And that’s ok. Even during contract time, a situation I’ve been in, when I’ve had to sit across the desk from someone I didn’t like and who probably didn’t like me, but I always did my job. 
There’s a trick to that. 
It’s called go to market first. 
So that when you do negotiate with that team, you do so with other offers in hand. 
You use your UFA status as your weapon. 

Edited by RangersIn7

3 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Anyone post the Brooks article yet?

Best I can tell, no, as it’s only about 35 minutes old.

Heres the link.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/rangers-would-betray-locker-room-if-vitali-kravtsov-returns-now/amp/

Pretty much sums it up.  It's not that the locker room is too fragile to bring in Krav.  It's that the locker room doesn't want him because he quit on them.

• Applause 1

I do think he would be more useful than some of their reserves, but this isn't a vacuum. Context matters. And his context sucks. Because he's billed as a player who quits when he doesn't get his way. There's no level of talent that can sufficiently bury this.

I'm not the only one who feels this way, either:

Rangers would betray locker room by bringing Vitali Kravtsov back now

At this point of the year, do you know what depth is to a team that is preparing for a long playoff run? That’s gold, Jerry. Gold! Kravtsov, who recorded 10 points (seven goals, three assists) in 15 playoff games after a 19-game, 13-point (six goals, seven assists) regular season would most certainly add depth to the Blueshirts’ right side that always seems to be an injury away from crisis.

But you know what and who the Rangers do not need? A player who walked out on them, that’s who.

Kravtsov, that’s who the Rangers do not need, even if they could use a player with his talent. Bringing Kravtsov back now would send the wrong message. Where was he after Sammy Blais went down for the season in mid-November and the Rangers were desperate for top-six-types on the wing? Oh, he was home.

But what truly sets Kravtsov apart from not only that subset of Rangers but from every player in the organization is his decision to bolt from the team when displeased by his assignment. What sets him apart is the fact that the 22-year-old (I know, he’s that young) walked out on his team.

Call me crazy, but I bet that Zac Jones thought he had beaten out Nils Lundkvist for a spot on the varsity out of camp, but he didn’t look to hightail it when assigned to the Wolf Pack. Alex Georgiev has been unhappy with his role and is believed to have asked for a trade, but the goaltender never pulled some sort of job action to force his way out.  

There was buy-in and it was universal.

Except for Kravtsov.

Bringing him back now would be a betrayal to the room and to everything the Rangers have stood for during this season of sacrifice and revival.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/rangers-would-betray-locker-room-if-vitali-kravtsov-returns-now/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I get that… but here’s the thing.

How much contact do players actually have with the GM?, number 1.

And number 2, if he just came over, accepted his assignment, and did well, wouldn’t that fix a lot?

Sure, but we've no reason to assume he'd do this. HFD aren't going to make the AHL playoffs anyway.

The safest and most fair solution is simple: come back next season and prove you've matured. Fresh start. Same as everyone else.

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

This is my whole point.  Laf and Kakko have both been shuffled around the lineup and stapled to the bench mid game.  From what we can see, they respond appropriately, keep working, and doing what is asked of them.  Lundkvist made the team out of camp, got demoted, went to Hartford and kept working.  Jones didn't make the team out of camp, went to Hartford and kept working.  There's no conspiracy against Krav here, and Krav hasn't done anything here to show he should be thrown into the top 6.

Agsin, I don’t get why you are saying conspiracy. No one is saying conspiracy.  Some, like myself, are saying 6 months have passed. If the organization is still holding a grudge, then they are doing a disservice only to themselves because he either can help this team and be that exact low cap hit after this year or we just trade his rfa rights.  Its time to see where his head is especially considering if it’s in the right place, he’s still currently playing hockey rather than an entire offseason going by.  At the very least it would answer some questions internally with his future and set up to either deal him or not during the offseason.  Waiting until the offseason isn’t going to change anything except tell him he still isn’t valued more than a camp invite. You still have to revisit it at some time and we still have RW depth issues at this very moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Agsin, I don’t get why you are saying conspiracy. No one is saying conspiracy.  Some, like myself, are saying 6 months have passed. If the organization is still holding a grudge, then they are doing a disservice only to themselves because he either can help this team and be that exact low cap hit after this year or we just trade his rfa rights.  Its time to see where his head is especially considering if it’s in the right place, he’s still currently playing hockey rather than an entire offseason going by.  At the very least it would answer some questions internally with his future and set up to either deal him or not during the offseason.  Waiting until the offseason isn’t going to change anything except tell him he still isn’t valued more than a camp invite. You still have to revisit it at some time and we still have RW depth issues at this very moment. 

This is the conspiracy, that the team is holding a grudge against him.  Its not a grudge.  He quit on his teammates.  He doesn't get to walk into the playoffs.  That's a slap in the face to all the guys that bought in all year and earned it.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

I do think he would be more useful than some of their reserves, but this isn't a vacuum. Context matters. And his context sucks. Because he's billed as a player who quits when he doesn't get his way. There's no level of talent that can sufficiently bury this.

I'm not the only one who feels this way, either:

Rangers would betray locker room by bringing Vitali Kravtsov back now

https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/rangers-would-betray-locker-room-if-vitali-kravtsov-returns-now/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

I totally agree. To clarify, I wasn’t talking about now. You can’t bring him back now and put him on the NHL roster. And I realize too that Hartford probably doesn’t make the playoffs, so you wait till end of season.

And you can’t bring him back as a depth option either.

Theres too many forwards who have played for this team in front of him that he can’t leapfrog, even if he’s more talented then all of them. 

You simply wait till the Rangers season is over, regardless of result, and re-assess.

My point is this. You have to try to repair. But you take one more shot. That’s it. You do so aggressively and in a meaningful way. You should show the kid he’s wanted and potentially important. Despite the other stuff. Do so face to face if possible. Make a strong push.

But if it’s not gonna work, you make the trade at the draft. 

Just now, RangersIn7 said:

I totally agree. To clarify, I wasn’t talking about now. You can’t bring him back now and put him on the NHL roster. And I realize too that Hartford probably doesn’t make the playoffs, so you wait till end of season.

And you can’t bring him back as a depth option either.

Theres too many forwards who have played for this team in front of him that he can’t leapfrog, even if he’s more talented then all of them. 

You simply wait till the Rangers season is over, regardless of result, and re-assess.

My point is this. You have to try to repair. But you take one more shot. That’s it. You do so aggressively and in a meaningful way. You should show the kid he’s wanted and potentially important. Despite the other stuff. Do so face to face if possible. Make a strong push.

But if it’s not gonna work, you make the trade at the draft. 

Exactly this. Exactly all of this.

I do so in training camp next year. "Clean slate." If there's any indication he intends to quit again, dump him to a team who thinks they can fix him.

Bringing him over now isn't just a massive offense to the guys who didn't quit on the team, but is insanely risky. If he quit again now, he'd have negative value.

21 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I'd rather dress Cuylle or Othmann.  They're both 40 goal scorers.

I glossed over this, but agreed. Either can be used in playoffs (9 game maximum) without burning a year off their ELCs because both are slide eligible.

Cuylle is built for playoff hockey.