• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

6 hours ago, Bugg said:

This guy who supposedly hates Euros just gave Zib and Igor huge long term contracts, has Nemeth as 3rd pair D, kept Lundqvist and Hajek over Jones, and kept Georgiev over Kincaid as 2nd G. 

Right. The more likely scenario...Drury hates lazy whiners. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Yes! The post I was waiting for. Even though Drury first year as a Ranger, and Hollwegs last. And Rissmiller played 2 games as a Ranger. 

We've gone full heel now boys! Drury forced out all the Euros! Even though he won a Cup on the back for Forsberg and Hejduk!

Tracks perfectly with those stellar Sabres' clubs he lead, too, with such notable North American names as Maxim Afinogenov, Jochen Hecht, Dmitri Kalinin, Ales Kotalik, Toni Lydman, Teppo Numminen, Jaro Spacek, Dainus Zubrus, and Thomas Vanek.

46 minutes ago, Phil said:

Tracks perfectly with those stellar Sabres' clubs he lead, too, with such notable North American names as Maxim Afinogenov, Jochen Hecht, Dmitri Kalinin, Ales Kotalik, Toni Lydman, Teppo Numminen, Jaro Spacek, Dainus Zubrus, and Thomas Vanek.

I don't recall saying he had a problem with Euro players. Just preferred grit over skill. Jesus. Do I really have to unblock Pete and engage in this? ..  I named a bunch of players and said "and other garbage ". No where did I fucking say any chronological order of the piles of dog shit that were brought in. 

Please show me where I said anything about Euros?

,"Show me receipts"

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I don't recall saying he had a problem with Euro players. Just preferred grit over skill. Jesus. Do I really have to unblock Pete and engage in this? ..  I named a bunch of players and said "and other garbage ". No where did I fucking say any chronological order of the piles of dog shit that were brought in. 

Please show me where I said anything about Euros?

,"Show me receipts"

Yeah I’ve only seen this whole “Drury out to get Euros” thing come from people defending Drury, may as well use this as a textbook example of a straw man argument.

On 10/19/2021 at 7:41 PM, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

We never got all of the details on what went on with Andersson, but he made it clear he was bullied in Hartford.  Then his father came out and said he would never let his son play for the Rangers organization again.  What players would bully him?  Would players, who are temporary, cause him to say he'd want out of the whole organization?  Or would it make more sense if it was a more permanent part of the org that made him feel this way?  Speculation, but chances are that was Drury as well.

Perhaps he has some preconceived notion about Euros being soft and goes out of his way to prove his own narrative.  It certainly fits with the rest of his moves and decisions.  Buchnevich out, hard nosed Blais in.

These are children at this point.  Sorry some are not as mentally tough as we'd prefer right now, but they are 18, 19, 20 years old.  It is the job of the organization to nurture and grow them into what they need to be and it is imperative to recognize that for some, tough love may not be the answer.  Players respond differently to different handling.  That's two top 10 picks thrown away because they felt so strongly about how they were treated by the people at the top of our org.  We screwed it up.  That is a very back look.  

Here you go

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Capt said:

Here you go

Define "bullying".

Not saying it did not happen, I have no idea.

But a boss telling a non hacker entry level young employee to get his ass in gear is not "bullying". It's life in a workplace. 

Of course, we all recall Drury calling Briere, Jagr, Forsberg and Sakic pussies on a daily basis. 

Edited by Bugg

Yeah, two sides to every story indeed. But, it just seems like everything, even something like constructive criticism is considered bullying now. Just a lot of thin skin. I think both the Rangers and VK could have done things better, but Vitaly just needed to put his head down and go to Hartford and get some minutes. Jones was very clearly upset about going back down, but he put it in stride.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Wrong.

I see one post from one poster suggesting Drury stereotypes Euros as soft players which may have led to some decisions, and then I see a bunch of posts still harping on that one post and exaggerating it to the point of morphing the original point into "Drury hates Euros", "Drury forced out all the Euros".

5 minutes ago, Tonybologna said:

I see one post from one poster suggesting Drury stereotypes Euros as soft players which may have led to some decisions, and then I see a bunch of posts still harping on that one post and exaggerating it to the point of morphing the original point into "Drury hates Euros", "Drury forced out all the Euros".

I mean, I'll give you that, but the fact remains, you were exactly wrong about the premise of why that happened. It wasn't Drury-defenders who introduced this narrative at all.

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

I mean, I'll give you that, but the fact remains, you were exactly wrong about the premise of why that happened. It wasn't Drury-defenders who introduced this narrative at all.

Yeah, my bad on that. I figured it came from somewhere but I meant what I said literally, just that I had only seen it from the Drury-defenders. I didn't think it was plucked from nowhere, I just felt like wherever it came from that the absence of anyone arguing that he IS out to get Euros has all these other posts in straw man territory.

43 minutes ago, Tonybologna said:

I mean, you tell me how logical people are supposed to interpret this:

"The scary part is, he's brought in NOTHING BUT grit, bottom line players and D men, while dumping 2 top line skill guys. Drafted that way too. 

Seemed to attract these types of players in his years as Rangers Captain. We saw the team switch from pure skill with Jagr [Euro] and the boys [Euros Nylander and Straka?], to complete dogshit with Gomez, Drury Brashear, Hollweg, Rissmiller [All North Americans] and tons of other garbage. Eventually landing Gaborik [Euro] and building a hockey team as he was pushed out the door by Torts and injuries."

Edited by Long live the King
  • Applause 1