• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

8 hours ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

It certainly doesn't reflect well on Drury.

A General Manager's job is to "manage" situations, not to exacerbate them. If that part about dressing him down in front of teammates is true then he is not a good manager as that is the coaching staff's responsibility. It certainly puts the coaching staff in an odd position as well.

Going a step forward and giving Drury the complete benefit of the doubt of Kravstov just being totally entitled and unmanageable, he should have been traded during the off season when this was not public knowledge.

Except Drury wasn't the GM when this happened, he was the Assistant GM.  So instead of Gorton handling the dirty work and sending the message that needed to be sent he sent his Assistant to do it as not to dirty the relationship between the player and GM.  Sounds like perfect player management actually. Unless of course the Rangers should just ignore the lack of work ethic as to not upset the baby.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Really thinking this was NOT a Gallant move.

He said so the day it was announced. Next day he did the hockey speak and said the typical things a coach would say. Gotta think he's trying to be a team guy in quickly changing his tune, as I think such things got him in trouble with other teams upper management in the past.

It's really strange reading this stuff about Drury vocally calling him out in front of everyone. He's so boring and quiet in interviews, but the dude got nasty with the kid.

Now that I think about it. Drury was the GM of Hartford correct? Wasn't there talk about Andersson being upset about hazing or something weird about the culture of the Wolfpack? So much so, that he had to go home? 

My opinion is these kids need thicker skin of course.  But this is kinda strange. 

Gotta wonder if DeAngelo had a face to face with the assistant GM before he got waived... 

Is our prized GM a bit too handsy? Too involved? 

2 hours ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

When I say off the board, my services had him going 13-20, almost exactly where Andersson was projected the year before(hence the reference). It was nowhere near as much of a reach as say McIlrath was but they should have played it safer and taken a Wahlstrom whom I think was most fan's preference here. 

That or traded the fuck up and gotten Tkachuk or Zadina. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Really thinking this was NOT a Gallant move.

He said so the day it was announced. Next day he did the hockey speak and said the typical things a coach would say. Gotta think he's trying to be a team guy in quickly changing his tune, as I think such things got him in trouble with other teams upper management in the past.

It's really strange reading this stuff about Drury vocally calling him out in front of everyone. He's so boring and quiet in interviews, but the dude got nasty with the kid.

Now that I think about it. Drury was the GM of Hartford correct? Wasn't there talk about Andersson being upset about hazing or something weird about the culture of the Wolfpack? So much so, that he had to go home? 

My opinion is these kids need thicker skin of course.  But this is kinda strange. 

Gotta wonder if DeAngelo had a face to face with the assistant GM before he got waived... 

Is our prized GM a bit too handsy? Too involved? 

Gallant said it wasn't his call to make the lineup decisions. he did follow up with the comments regarding others playing better. Gallant even said before the last preseason game that Kravtsov looked good, was ready to go, no issues. Then said he looked good after the game.

Knowing Gallant, I'm sure it wasnt an extend convo. "What are you doing kid? Get your ass back here so we can get you to a place to you can help the team."

2 hours ago, Phil said:

I mean, the simplest solution, at least to me, is to come back, report, rip it up, probably get called up right away, and then get pumped and dumped — play him on the top line. Get him a buncha goals in a handful of games and flip his ass.

That's also called proving him to be right...

???

If he starts producing on the top lines... Why dump him? It proves he was right and belonged where he wanted to be in the lineup.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, josh said:

Gallant said it wasn't his call to make the lineup decisions. he did follow up with the comments regarding others playing better. Gallant even said before the last preseason game that Kravtsov looked good, was ready to go, no issues. Then said he looked good after the game.

Knowing Gallant, I'm sure it wasnt an extend convo. "What are you doing kid? Get your ass back here so we can get you to a place to you can help the team."

That's what I'm thinking. He followed that up because he didn't want to publicly go against the GM the day the season started.

Didn't he have issues in Florida in saying stuff about the make up of his roster,  or publicly say he didn't agree with a trade or something? 

His abrupt firings I'd think have had to do with running his mouth or butting heads with management..

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's also called proving him to be right...

???

If he starts producing on the top lines... Why dump him? It proves he was right and belonged where he wanted to be in the lineup.  

Because he wants out. And he's quit twice.

1 minute ago, josh said:

Do you want me to list stars that left (Jagr, Gaborik) or prospects (Andersson, Kravtsov, Hellberg, Jensen, Kovacs, Calle Andersson, Erixon, Meskanen, Lindqvist)

In response to.... him

I just find it odd that players get so bent and either go home or have to be waived before the team trades them off. 

With ADA, there was obviously something behind the scenes with management that were issues. These kids possibly being ridiculed by Drury, makes me think that Drury might be a guy that is a big asshole.  Maybe not. Just trying to connect some dots. The prospects are the more disturbing issue.

Sorry to bring up the name. 

It becomes more clear every day that the organization is not in good hands.  I've been saying it for months, but I don't have much hope of winning or success until the next purge occurs in the front office.  Hopefully they don't screw things up too badly before then.   I don't think Gallant is a good coach, but he doesn't seem to have much to do with this.  Already made it clear roster decisions are not up to him.  

• Applause 1

The longer this goes on the more to me it seems like our illustrious GM has had and continues to have Kravtsov in his crosshairs. Partly justified and partly unjustified. It also doesn’t really sound like this was left up to Gallant to decide in the first place and that scares the crap out of me especially after a summer of us trading talent (cap reasons sure) then obtaining lunch pail players in spades. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Tell us the bigger issue?

So, years ago,4, 5? You always you to tell me that teams cant approach players the same way they used to, when I demanded coaches scream/bench/etc. You repeated this to me "hundreds of times", in forum talk. And you know what, you were right, and I eventually understood that, even being a screamer myself.

But now, you are in one of those situations. This isnt the 90s. You cant have the same "asshole" approach to situations, especially when it comes to kids.

My PoV here is a direct result of those on-going conversations.