• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Because he wants out. And he's quit twice.

He wants to play on the top line in the NHL. That's why he went home.

He thinks he can, I think the coach thinks he can,  but the GM MIGHT BE an egomaniac,  who fucks with prospects that don't tow the company line and agree with him... 

He's here, not because he doesn't want to be a Ranger.  He's not here because he himself has a big head and thinks he can play on our top line. If he's right..... ? Who's wrong?

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In response to.... him

I just find it odd that players get so bent and either go home or have to be waived before the team trades them off. 

With ADA, there was obviously something behind the scenes with management that were issues. These kids possibly being ridiculed by Drury, makes me think that Drury might be a guy that is a big asshole.  Maybe not. Just trying to connect some dots. The prospects are the more disturbing issue.

Sorry to bring up the name. 

What dots are being connected? You're all over the place.

Let's have an adult conversation. No need to quote Josh. 

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Because he wants out. And he's quit twice.

Well he watched guys like Howden, Kakko, and Laf have their chances handed to them regardless of performance or conditioning level.  He was a top 10 pick as well, yet was treated differently and then bullied by the GM in Hartford after moving from Russia to play in the NHL after allegedly being told by Bobrov that he had his spot on the big club.  Now he's cut again before camp after the coach seemingly said he deserved to be here and he was left off the prospect tournament team because he was apparently not a prospect anymore.  I really can't blame, though I don't agree with leaving and wish he stayed. 

• Applause 3

We never got all of the details on what went on with Andersson, but he made it clear he was bullied in Hartford.  Then his father came out and said he would never let his son play for the Rangers organization again.  What players would bully him?  Would players, who are temporary, cause him to say he'd want out of the whole organization?  Or would it make more sense if it was a more permanent part of the org that made him feel this way?  Speculation, but chances are that was Drury as well.

Perhaps he has some preconceived notion about Euros being soft and goes out of his way to prove his own narrative.  It certainly fits with the rest of his moves and decisions.  Buchnevich out, hard nosed Blais in.

These are children at this point.  Sorry some are not as mentally tough as we'd prefer right now, but they are 18, 19, 20 years old.  It is the job of the organization to nurture and grow them into what they need to be and it is imperative to recognize that for some, tough love may not be the answer.  Players respond differently to different handling.  That's two top 10 picks thrown away because they felt so strongly about how they were treated by the people at the top of our org.  We screwed it up.  That is a very back look.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Was this ever discussed here?  This is who is in charge here.  He is a piece of shit and he is also an absolute idiot. It took an idiot like Dolan to give him the reigns.  He had always stayed out of things with the Rangers, but we are now officially the Knicks.

I say this with all seriousness, and fully aware that Chris Drury ran a fantastic campaign to undermine John Davidson and Jeff Gorton and get Dolan to fire him: Drury is out of his fucking mind. He is the Brodie Van Wagenen of #NYRNHLTeam_2021_NYR.png and must be exorcised immediately.
Edited by TwoMinutesForNothing

32 minutes ago, josh said:

So, years ago,4, 5? You always you to tell me that teams cant approach players the same way they used to, when I demanded coaches scream/bench/etc. You repeated this to me "hundreds of times", in forum talk. And you know what, you were right, and I eventually understood that, even being a screamer myself.

But now, you are in one of those situations. This isnt the 90s. You cant have the same "asshole" approach to situations, especially when it comes to kids.

My PoV here is a direct result of those on-going conversations.

But what's this have to do with Gaborik Jagr and Hartford?

Just now, josh said:

Pete its the same organization.

OK so you mean NYR. 

So what's the narrative we're pushing here? Because you're crossing a wide array of management, and the only constant is Dolan...so...what's the story? 

Keith Olberman talking about people being out of their mind.  Talk about pot meeting kettle.  

Part of nurturing a player would be instilling in the player a work ethic if he doesn't have one.  To coddle or excuse a young player who doesn't want to work is ridiculous.  That player will never work out anyway.  It seems to me that VK was told for 2 years at least to put in the work and each time he had a tantrum.  So yeah watching a kid waste away his talent may result in a last ditch effort to get through to him.  It all goes back to the entitled lazy player.  To come to the conclusion that Drury is now Buddy Revel from 3 o'clock high is completely unfair and typical internet speculation.  Drury has a history in this league and in the spotlight, going all the way back to little league.  There has never been any report that he's not a great person or teammate.  In fact his greatest asset as a player was exactly the intangible of him being a leader.

If Messier dressed down VK everyone here would be all for it not questioning if he was a bully

• Applause 4

On 10/18/2021 at 7:21 PM, The Dude said:

Yes.  They did it for Lundkvist, with zero AHL time under his belt.  Is he looking polished or strong out there? Any chance he gets sent down? I doubt it.  

This seems more like a management flex. The kid obviously thinks very highly of himself. You'd think there's a reason for that. Draft position seems to only hold water for certain players. 

The organization wants swagger and attitude,  but for some reason this kid is singled out for it. He thinks he should walk onto the top 2 lines.  Maybe 3. Who would honestly debate that right now, or at the start of the season. You put your best players on the ice. Not Dryden fucking Hunt (STILL!!!).