• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

Yeah, I mean losing Krav is going to suck, considering how enthused I was with his potential. I thought he'd be really good this year. Kakko has looked good and hopefully Lafreniere can take a step this season too. I think it's time for him to show more. It's just that the offensive depth takes a bit of a hit with the situation. I am glad they drafted what they did, though, I was kind of being facetious,  because I would rather draft those guys than overpay anyway, especially since the Rangers will need to pay some of their prospects before too long anyway.

Our latest information, provided by an individual with knowledge of the situation, is that Kravtsov’s reasoning in refusing the assignment had nothing to do with his relationship with president-general manager Chris Drury, but rather was entirely based on his belief that he would never get a crack at a permanent spot on the top six with wingers Artemi Panarin, Chris Kreider, Alexis Lafreniere and Kaapo Kakko ahead of him on the depth chart.

We are told that both Drury and head coach Gerard Gallant attempted to convince the ninth-overall selection of the 2018 draft to reconsider — Gallant, as reported by Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, did reach out to the winger, though it is unclear whether that was before or after No. 74 took off to Russia — but he had made up his mind.

We are told that a handful of teams have expressed lukewarm interest in acquiring Kravtsov, but that there is currently nothing on the table. Given the lack of top-six-type depth in the organization, it is unclear whether the Rangers would welcome him back if he should have a change of heart. At this moment, though, Kravtsov seems dug in.

The Post has also learned the Blackhawks have quite naturally talked to the Rangers about Dylan Strome, Ryan’s younger brother who has been a scratch for the first four games of the season, but there has not necessarily been a link to Kravtsov.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/20/vitali-kravtsovs-real-reason-for-rangers-unhappiness/?sr_share=twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPSportsTwitter

That article also states the Rangers asked him to hang back in New York following the season for a brief period for a conditioning program created by the staff. And he declined to go home to Russia.

He is a fucking baby. And I cannot wait to get rid of this headcase. Sounds like an entitled child that doesn’t need to put any work in and expects to just have a spot handed to him.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Read: Krav thinks he's a top 6 talent, but not good enough to beat out Kreider playing on his off wing and prone to extreme droughts.

And he’s right. Kreider is on the long term contract. No reason for Kravtsov to think he’ll get traded any time soon 

• Applause 1

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Yup. Baby move by Kravtsov but he’s 100% right lol

He’s behind Gauthier on the depth chart, so he still wouldn’t be playing - even after 2 top 6 go down. It’s been confirmed so you can’t assume he was getting called up this past week.

6 minutes ago, josh said:

He’s behind Gauthier on the depth chart, so he still wouldn’t be playing - even after 2 top 6 go down. It’s been confirmed so you can’t assume he was getting called up this past week.

What's been confirmed?

12 minutes ago, josh said:

It is wild to think our top 10 pick actually goes down in the depth chart after trading Buchnevich lol 

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm not so sure about the Drury and the 'soft Euros' thing, but since he's been GM, toughness and character have been his priority. Bringing in Reaves, Hunt, Blais, etc. Then you take a look at this past draft with Othmann, Berard and Cuylle and there seems to be a pattern. Having those types of players is nice, but a little more skill would also be good. lol That's what sucks about losing Kravtsov, and it's a shame they're probably going to give away someone that could've contributed nicely. They can use as much skill as they can get to round out the offense more.

The scary part is, he's brought in NOTHING BUT grit, bottom line players and D men, while dumping 2 top line skill guys. Drafted that way too. 

Seemed to attract these types of players in his years as Rangers Captain. We saw the team switch from pure skill with Jagr and the boys, to complete dogshit with Gomez, Drury Brashear, Hollweg, Rissmiller and tons of other garbage. Eventually landing Gaborik and building a hockey team as he was pushed out the door by Torts and injuries.  

6 hours ago, Phil said:

We were told this, that and the other thing by our trusty source, but we don't know when Gallant no doubt reached out to the player. 

Not buying it Larry. 

4 teams are interested.. but not really... 

Fuck outta here.

38 minutes ago, josh said:

I don't think he would actually be behind Gauthier on the depth chart. That "those guys earned their spot on the team",  came less than 24 hours after "wasn't my decision "... 

I honestly believe that had Kravstov been kept on the roster, he plays game 2 after they loaded the roster for pussyfest 2021, aka the day Tom Wilson didn't get his ass beat by any Rangers... 

To think they put this roster together to do just that and they didn't even look in his general direction..  And in doing so, they pissed of a top prospect. We got NOTHING out of what was supposed to be vengeance. 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The scary part is, he's brought in NOTHING BUT grit, bottom line players and D men, while dumping 2 top line skill guys. Drafted that way too. 

Seemed to attract these types of players in his years as Rangers Captain. We saw the team switch from pure skill with Jagr and the boys, to complete dogshit with Gomez, Drury Brashear, Hollweg, Rissmiller and tons of other garbage. Eventually landing Gaborik and building a hockey team as he was pushed out the door by Torts and injuries.  

Yes! The post I was waiting for. Even though Drury first year as a Ranger, and Hollwegs last. And Rissmiller played 2 games as a Ranger. 

We've gone full heel now boys! Drury forced out all the Euros! Even though he won a Cup on the back for Forsberg and Hejduk!

• LOL 2

Just now, The Dude said:

I don't think he would actually be behind Gauthier on the depth chart. That "those guys earned their spot on the team",  came less than 24 hours after "wasn't my decision "... 

I honestly believe that had Kravstov been kept on the roster, he plays game 2 after they loaded the roster for pussyfest 2021, aka the day Tom Wilson didn't get his ass beat by any Rangers... 

To think they put this roster together to do just that and they didn't even look in his general direction..  And in doing so, they pissed of a top prospect. We got NOTHING out of what was supposed to be vengeance. 

I speculated that they forgot to waive players prior to the roster deadline, now they won’t so they don’t look stupid. Hajek... to not even waive him that last weekend to give you roster flexibility... like... 

1 minute ago, josh said:

I speculated that they forgot to waive players prior to the roster deadline, now they won’t so they don’t look stupid. Hajek... to not even waive him that last weekend to give you roster flexibility... like... 

Or they had an Eichel deal fall thru. 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This is just all so dramatic. 

• Like 1

This guy who supposedly hates Euros just gave Zib and Igor huge long term contracts, has Nemeth as 3rd pair D, kept Lundqvist and Hajek over Jones, and kept Georgiev over Kincaid as 2nd G. 

Edited by Bugg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2