• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

Lets not forget he was also left home on the team bonding trip.....sure they can say he was left to rehab an injury, but an injury shouldnt prevent a player missing a team bonding trip unless the injury is severe.  

Aah, the good old "locker room cancer" angle.

Yeah, I could really see the young russian that speaks bad english really fuck up the locker room and have everyone hate him.

4 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Well you all keep saying that, but not sure how true it is.

Gauthier was a healthy scratch last game right? And Gauthier got a spot over Kravtsov right? So why would they all of a sudden turn around and have Kravtsov over Gauthier just because Kravt went to Hartford and played a game?

They also recalled McKegg over Barron. And now with Kakko out aswell it would be nice to maybe give Pajuniemi a chance? Had a decent camp and went to AHL with no complaints. I won't hold my breath, because we have the mighty McKegg ready to fill in.

How does one move the goalposts this quickly within their own post?

They recalled McKegg over Barron. Kakko hurt. They recall Barron. The same guy you think was passed over in the first place. Now it's Pajuniemi who's getting snubbed?

3 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Aah, the good old "locker room cancer" angle.

Yeah, I could really see the young russian that speaks bad english really fuck up the locker room and have everyone hate him.

No one said he was a locker room cancer. You're tilting at windmills here and literally having an argument over points you're making — not ones any of us are.

It's far more likely that his headbutting with the front office over what is very clearly a temper tantrum over his not getting a top-six roster spot gifted to him out of camp caused the front office to remove him from the equation. In other words, he likely wasn't invited on the team-bonding trip because they foresaw this happening and didn't want to give him another bullet to use against them when he inevitably took his ball and went home.

I just don't understand the angle of having any sympathy for this player.  The Rangers are not out to get him they are in the business of winning hockey games.  VK obviously didn't present them with the best option in their minds.  This team drafted him 9th overall so obviously they think highly of his talent and potential.  They have apparently made it known to him that they expect better conditioning in which the player has refused to improve.  VK having zero in terms of resume at the NHL level gets hurt during camp and gets outplayed by others within the organization for his spot on the team.  Having no NHL resume leaves him with an incomplete showing in camp which he then needs to take to Hartford to prove he is ready for the NHL and better suited to help the team win then say Gauthier.  What seems to be lost on this player is that his situation is not solely determined by his wants or play.  There are other players the organization obviously think highly of competing with him for that roster spot.  The organization cannot build a winning team gifting anyone anything.  What VK doesn't seem to understand is that because of his lofty draft position, it would take minimal "showing" for him to be promoted.  The Rangers desperately want him to be the impact player he thinks he is.  So show that for half a second and work half as hard as he complains and he'd be exactly where he wants to be.  Problem is he's an entitled punk and yes giving in to that would be a cancer within the room. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6

15 minutes ago, Capt said:

I just don't understand the angle of having any sympathy for this player.  The Rangers are not out to get him they are in the business of winning hockey games.  VK obviously didn't present them with the best option in their minds.  This team drafted him 9th overall so obviously they think highly of his talent and potential.  They have apparently made it known to him that they expect better conditioning in which the player has refused to improve.  VK having zero in terms of resume at the NHL level gets hurt during camp and gets outplayed by others within the organization for his spot on the team.  Having no NHL resume leaves him with an incomplete showing in camp which he then needs to take to Hartford to prove he is ready for the NHL and better suited to help the team win then say Gauthier.  What seems to be lost on this player is that his situation is not solely determined by his wants or play.  There are other players the organization obviously think highly of competing with him for that roster spot.  The organization cannot build a winning team gifting anyone anything.  What VK doesn't seem to understand is that because of his lofty draft position, it would take minimal "showing" for him to be promoted.  The Rangers desperately want him to be the impact player he thinks he is.  So show that for half a second and work half as hard as he complains and he'd be exactly where he wants to be.  Problem is he's an entitled punk and yes giving in to that would be a cancer within the room. 

Couldn't agree more. What's worse is that they apparently wanted to send him down - not because he was beaten for a spot, but for conditioning purposes. It's literally a "play a few games and you'll be right back" and he went nuclear on it.

Vitali Kravtsov certainly would’ve been one of the first recalls from Hartford, ahead of Barron and Greg McKegg, had he accepted his AHL assignment. Instead, the 21-year-old is back home in Chelyabinsk, Russia, The Post can confirm.

It appears the Rangers are seeking a trade for the No. 9-overall pick of the 2018 NHL Draft, who was disgruntled over his recent demotion to the Wolf Pack, as well as where he had been playing in the lineup during his brief tenure in New York.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/17/kaapo-kakko-ryan-strome-will-both-miss-rangers-next-game/

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I'm still trying to figure out what the team did wrong here. When a team says that they envision a player making their roster, that's a contract not a gift. VK had to fulfill his end of the bargain, and he didn't do it due to injury... And he was just okay even when he was on the ice.

So something happened over the course of training camp that made the team believe that the player and the team would be better suited if the player were in the AHL. This is literally the way every team in the NHL works. There are players who make the squad out of training camp, and there are players who don't. I'm just not clear on why anybody thinks there was a mandate to have VK on the roster.

At the very least, it's a communication error.  I understand your perspective here and fault definitely lies with Kravstov but for the organization not to understand how to approach this with him in a manner that doesn't get him to bounce is a fail on their end.  This is a high-first round pick.  A true asset to the organization.  One that's displayed high-level skill.  Just to let him go home without communicating the message properly is asset mismanagement.  And it makes the team worse because of it.

• LOL 1

I agree it's mismanagement because they didn't factor in his entitled attitude.  They should have moved him before it was let out that the guy is toxic.  The should have never have drafted the player in the first place.  The Rangers scouts job is to distinguish character flaws, either they missed it or turned a blind eye to it.  The Rangers are at fault for drafting and holding onto the player too long.  As soon as that exit interview concluded they should have dealt him as soon as possible.  That was the mismanagement not sending him to the AHL because he'd have a tantrum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

At the very least, it's a communication error.  I understand your perspective here and fault definitely lies with Kravstov but for the organization not to understand how to approach this with him in a manner that doesn't get him to bounce is a fail on their end.  This is a high-first round pick.  A true asset to the organization.  One that's displayed high-level skill.  Just to let him go home without communicating the message properly is asset mismanagement.  And it makes the team worse because of it.

Who knows - maybe they could've communicated better but its speculative.

One thing that's not speculative though is the mother f'n contract he signed.

Who is this guy - Eichel? - that he thinks he has the leverage to back out and force the teams hand. He hasn't done a damn thing at the NHL level. He's still just a scrub with high potential.

• Applause 1

15 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

Who knows - maybe they could've communicated better but its speculative.

One thing that's not speculative though is the mother f'n contract he signed.

Who is this guy - Eichel? - that he thinks he has the leverage to back out and force the teams hand. He hasn't done a damn thing at the NHL level. He's still just a scrub with high potential.

Yea, don't really get the "they should have communicated better". When they told him the plan changed, he quit. 

This idea that a team can't change gears is real time is coming out of nowhere. It's bizarre. 

And he should be treated as such.  I'd much rather hold out for a first round pick for him.  You probably can't get it so he can just fucking rot in Russia.  Why move him for pennies on the dollar?  Why do him that favor?  Anyone want to see him actually reach his potential somewhere else while we trade him for a 2nd round pick?  Not me.  Time to set an example, let him waste his career away in Siberia.  Give him one more chance to say he's sorry and come back after that I would cut the cord and wouldn't trade him either.  Let him rot.

1 minute ago, Capt said:

And he should be treated as such.  I'd much rather hold out for a first round pick for him.  You probably can't get it so he can just fucking rot in Russia.  Why move him for pennies on the dollar?  Why do him that favor?  Anyone want to see him actually reach his potential somewhere else while we trade him for a 2nd round pick?  Not me.  Time to set an example, let him waste his career away in Siberia.  Give him one more chance to say he's sorry and come back after that I would cut the cord and wouldn't trade him either.  Let him rot.

fuck that!  i say hire a hitman

12 minutes ago, Capt said:

We own his NHL rights until 2025. That's a fuckton of lost earning potential.

I'm trying to work out the sort of deal that makes sense for us and for another team at this point. This is a silly thing for a prospect to do, so let's just move on from him.

Some names that may make some sense with Kravtsov as a centerpiece:

Timo Meier

Anthony Cirelli

Vlad Tarasenko

As a one-for-one thing

Robert Thomas

Any of the Kings' non-Byfield centers

Alex Newhook?

3 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I'm trying to work out the sort of deal that makes sense for us and for another team at this point. This is a silly thing for a prospect to do, so let's just move on from him.

Timo Meier

Anthony Cirelli

Vlad Tarasenko

As a one-for-one thing

Robert Thomas

Alex Newhook?

How about Greenway? 

I've been banging that drum for quite a while ...what the hell?  I'll throw it out there again!

59 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Also, I wouldn't have drafted Lias Andersson the moment I saw him throw away his medal.

Solid point! Some people laughed and discarded it out of hand because it was a sign of his competitiveness and his unhappiness with finishing second was a good thing. Or throwing it was just meaningless. Well turns out it was one of the first signs that he was a complete tool.  Thanks for at least tripping on the wire Lias, you will at least have done something memorable on garden ice.

24 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Solid point! Some people laughed and discarded it out of hand because it was a sign of his competitiveness and his unhappiness with finishing second was a good thing. Or throwing it was just meaningless. Well turns out it was one of the first signs that he was a complete tool.  Thanks for at least tripping on the wire Lias, you will at least have done something memorable on garden ice.

So, I do stand corrected, that happened after the Rangers drafted him, but then that's another Krav situation in the sense that would have signaled the end of him for me. Disgraceful behavior.

2 hours ago, G1000 said:

Timo Meier

Anthony Cirelli

Vlad Tarasenko

As a one-for-one thing

Robert Thomas

Alex Newhook?

Barrett Hayton.

Seems like the kind of deal that would be realistic. 

Would seem like Barrett Hayton is a guy who's not gonna help you any time soon if he can't make the Yotes.  Correct? A work in progress, at 21 fair to say he's done less than expected for a 5OA?

Edited by jsrangers