• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Clears Waivers Following Fight with Georgiev; Won't Play for Rangers Again

Blue Heaven

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By all means, when was the last time we had an outright fight between teammates in the hallways after a game? A legit one? How about caught on camera?

It's been decades, if ever.

Im not sure. In the entire nhl ? Who knows. Shit isn’t usually put out there for us to know but today’s society is a bit different. Plenty of YouTube vids of teammates fighting it I’m not sure why it matters if it were at practice, bar, tunnel, locker room, whatever. It’s what happens from time to time.

I think we can agree to disagree that it matters if it were in the tunnel or not. I think that’s splitting hairs to make it sound like it’s worse than another situation but that’s just me.

Okay this is why the rangers need to clear the air I dunno

What to believe anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

We're never going to get a clear picture. Best chance of getting any info is dependent on DeAngelo clearing waivers first. Then we might get a statement from management of some sort.

You do realize that we're talking about a professional hockey team and not a beer league, right?

As in members of an organization. With a boss. And co-workers. And other teams contributing to the wellbeing of the franchise from scouts to trainers to doctors to coaches to marketing to HR to PR and so on.

This isn't your kid getting into a dust-up. This is a grown ass man getting paid millions of dollars ignoring his boss, agitating his co-workers, instigating workplace violence. But, yeah, boss' fault and no consequences, right?

Yup. I’m well aware it’s not beer league. I’m also well aware teammates fight from time of time. Please spare me the workplace violence stuff. It holds zero meaning in sports. I’m sorry but I think you’re reaching. Anyone can google nhl teammates fight. YouTube it. Same stuff. It happens. This isn’t the same thing as me walking up my buddy in a cubicle and punching him in the head. Not even close.

Twice. He was suspended for an undisclosed incident in violation of the OHL's harassment, abuse, and diversity policy prior to the more infamous suspension he received for inappropriate comments to a teammate. We know they were racist in nature, but not what they were.

He got his second chance - he was drafted. He was chased out of the Lightning's room, traded to Phoenix (third chance), chased out of their room, traded to the Rangers (fourth) and imploded like a neutron star. It's not a one-off thing, and Quinn said as much in today's presser (that it was a string of incidents that led here). How many chances do you give a guy to simply not be an asshole before you just accept that he's an asshole?

He won't get claimed. He's done in the NHL, especially if he took a run at a teammate, doubly so if he picked a fight and lost spectacularly (as is alleged). He's going to have his contract terminated under the personal conduct clause, fight it in court, lose, and head to the KHL.

Yeah umm, the other was for abuse of an official. Meaning he probably put his hands on a ref. Not sure how that's a racial incident. That is what we were talking about.

The puck story seems just dumb. He grabbed it out of the net as teammates always do for a player's first goal. Are we to believe he somehow hid it on the bench and did not give it to the training staff, who of course would have immediately asked for it? ADA no doubt did some dumb things, which precipitated all this, but there is inevitably going to be a lot of internet garbage that amounts to slander. We shouldn't jump on board with that garbage.

Having this escalate to an unsubstantiated (and refuted by Wyshynski) K'Andre Miller rumor, with the obvious intention to paint DeAngelo as a racist - and not just a dick, tells you all you need to know about ulterior motive to take DeAngelo out of hockey and not just off the Rangers for a fight with a teammate. These are two drastically different things. It's been a while since I've seen a group of people so triggered over a hockey player to be quite honest.

Regardless, let's hope he's claimed because it's obvious he's played his last game with the Rangers.

• Like 1

Yeah umm, the other was for abuse of an official. Meaning he probably put his hands on a ref. Not sure how that's a racial incident. That is what we were talking about.

I still to this day have not seen one shred of evidence that it was even racist in nature. Been all speculation.

Ryan Mead

@OhRyanMead

Nothing confirmed

(I'm trying to actually have journalistic integrity, if you follow me you know I'm a dummy)

But the leading rumors on Tony from around the league is

- Tony instigated an altercation after the game

- A "bigger" player retaliated

- NYR had enough

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This and that screen shot of that text suggests DeAngelo was yapping and got clocked.. whether that was by Georgiev or Kreider, I'm not sure where people are getting the notion that DeAngelo hit someone or started the fight. Starting the fight to me means he threw the first punch.

Ah well. What do we do with his cap savings? Dman or center? Any free agents out there?

I still to this day have not seen one shred of evidence that it was even racist in nature. Been all speculation.

One was reported as being racial comments to a team mate. It's entirely possible. In those days (not very long ago I know) and earlier some white kids felt comfortable using that language just like their black friends. That's stopped being acceptable one day because... Because. Now days you get canceled for singing the words in music that everyone is supposed to respect and like.. Theres a fine line with using that kind of language and it's best NOT to in ANY situation. Seeing DeAngelo interact with his teammates last year in mic'ed situations in pre game, I can see him joking around and probably going too far with that language.

This crap with Miller is ridiculous. Yeah, he stole the puck and is keeping it from him.. Unbelievable what people will drum up.

If Chris punched him in the face like reported, give that man the C. That is the leadership needed; protect teammates, stand up for one another and make a statement. ADA made his bed. Remove the cancer and suddenly the body starts functioning as intended again.

One was reported as being racial comments to a team mate. It's entirely possible. In those days (not very long ago I know) and earlier some white kids felt comfortable using that language just like their black friends. That's stopped being acceptable one day because... Because. Now days you get canceled for singing the words in music that everyone is supposed to respect and like.. Theres a fine line with using that kind of language and it's best NOT to in ANY situation. Seeing DeAngelo interact with his teammates last year in mic'ed situations in pre game, I can see him joking around and probably going too far with that language.

This crap with Miller is ridiculous. Yeah, he stole the puck and is keeping it from him.. Unbelievable what people will drum up.

From what I had heard , it was more homosexual in nature and not race related but who knows. Shit goes around the internet. In the end, ADA is a douche from time to time but he’s a flawed person. I’m personally tired of hearing what he did in juniors in that aspect. Why? Because he was brought in here knowing that, and retained twice over in that period. Whole thing sucks. I do think ADA is his worst enemy though.

?Additionally, sources have told Blue Seat Blogs? Brandon Cohen that there has been a divide in the locker room regarding DeAngelo. Some thought that DeAngelo was a lovable goofball, while others thought he was a real problem. It got to a point where some were upset Jacob Trouba got an ?A? over DeAngelo.? (from blueseatblogs.com)

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Whole thing is a clusterfuck. Dumb move. Whole team has been shit with a clueless coach. But let?s waive our actual best offensive threat on D.

If it wakes the team up so be it. But if it wakes the team up for 5 games and we go back to this craptastic rollercoaster then whole team is done imo.

Agree 100%

Jesus are we still trying to absolve this douche for his past sins?

This kid was suspended for 8 games for violating the OHL harassment policy (they only play 68), a rule no one have even been suspended for breaking before.

You don't get that punishment for dropping a "mah nigga" or "don't be a fag" (and really does it matter which? And I'm using the words to prove a point, no infractions mods!) On a teammate. And yes, what you did in Junior matters when you've not showed any remorse. And yes the Rangers share some blame, but it's ironic that some would be saying he got "canceled" if they didn't. They're saying he's getting canceled now, with even more evidence that he's a cunt.

I don't know if he took Key's puck or not, but it speaks volumes that it's totally believable story.

You're defined by the company you keep and when you join Parler and tweet support for a racist president then we've got to go with what you're giving us.

Why are we still looking to give him the benefit of the doubt?

If the team is indeed split on their opinions of ADA, does that change after this incident? How are pro-ADA people feeling now? If they are still split, and the team gets rid of him, then they're still going to be half the roster that's unhappy anyway. Plus, they won't be thrilled the team is dumping one of their more productive players. Crappy situation.

This kid was suspended for 8 games for violating the OHL harassment policy (they only play 68), a rule no one have even been suspended for breaking before.

You don't get that punishment for dropping a "mah nigga" or "don't be a fag" (and really does it matter which? And I'm using the words to prove a point, no infractions mods!) On a teammate. And yes, what you did in Junior matters when you've not showed any remorse. And yes the Rangers share some blame, but it's ironic that some would be saying he got "canceled" if they didn't. They're saying he's getting canceled now, with even more evidence that he's a cunt.

I don't know if he took Key's puck or not, but it speaks volumes that it's totally believable story.

You're defined by the company you keep and when you join Parler and tweet support for a racist president then we've got to go with what you're giving us.

Right. Like Quinn and the FO said. A series of events. A sequence. Consistent behavior. It's not that he's a Trump supporter, or that he joined Parler, or that he got suspended for violating the OHL harassment policy, or that he has been repeatedly slapped by Rangers PR for aggressive social media presence, or that he invited a fan of his own team to figth him outside the Garden, or that he abused an official, or that he reportedly responds poorly to coaching discipline, or that he fought with a team mate. It's that he's an aggressive Trump supporter, that joined Parler, who got suspended for violating the OHL harassment policy, who has been repeatedly slapped by Rangers PR for aggressive social media presence, who invited a fan of his own team to fight him outside the Garden, who abused an official, who reportedly responds poorly to coaching discipline, that fought with a team mate. And likely more.

He's a giant fucking problem.

That was separate. He was suspended under the OHLs inclusivity policy twice, a different time for official abuse, and - lest we forget - suspended AGAIN in the NHL for abuse of an official. Added bonus in there of our friend Adam Herman with a seven year old take on Tony.

It's a longstanding, consistent pattern of being an asshole. Nobody quite knows what ADA said either time, but that his own coach basically said "we're handling this now" and slapped him with 8 games says more than enough to know it was quite serious.

Right. Like Quinn and the FO said. A series of events. A sequence. Consistent behavior. It's not that he's a Trump supporter, or that he joined Parler, or that he got suspended for violating the OHL harassment policy, or that he has been repeatedly slapped by Rangers PR for aggressive social media presence, or that he invited a fan of his own team to figth him outside the Garden, or that he abused an official, or that he reportedly responds poorly to coaching discipline, or that he fought with a team mate. It's that he's an aggressive Trump supporter, that joined Parler, who got suspended for violating the OHL harassment policy, who has been repeatedly slapped by Rangers PR for aggressive social media presence, who invited a fan of his own team to fight him outside the Garden, who abused an official, who reportedly responds poorly to coaching discipline, that fought with a team mate. And likely more.

He's a giant fucking problem.

Half of which happened before they gave him a contract. A good deal here is on them.

I don't like the optics here...his actions are tolerable when he's nearing a point per game pace. Starts to suck and we waive him. I know that is not the case but when the time is right I hope they reveal more about it. Not sure if they're waiting to see if he's picked up or not.

I mean, we've been pushing this forgiveness, and bail shit for years. I think there's even threads about the brain not developing until someone is 25 or 26.

And then there's the fact he was just given a new contract. So, IF these past issues were such a problem, again, this falls on Gorton for putting the coach, player, and team in a vulnerable and dangerous position. Any one in pro sports knows you do not put problem players in the same locker room as young, impressionable kids. Ever.

Half of which happened before they gave him a contract. A good deal here is on them.

I don't like the optics here...his actions are tolerable when he's nearing a point per game pace. Starts to suck and we waive him. I know that is not the case but when the time is right I hope they reveal more about it. Not sure if they're waiting to see if he's picked up or not.

It's amazing the length people will go to to absolve this guy.

If they didn't give him a contract because of all that stuff, I have a very good feeling some would say that they're not giving him a chance and they're canceling him.

This is nowhere near and even split of blame. Fault isn't a pie chart that you can divvy up, but I'll say the size of the Rangers blame is a marble, where ADA's is a boulder.

All he had to do was shut up and play and collect millions, and he couldn't even do that.