• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Clears Waivers Following Fight with Georgiev; Won't Play for Rangers Again

Blue Heaven

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the post I quoted my guy.

And frankly, if you expect me to believe that you're staunch defense of this guy has nothing to do with politics, I'm not buying it at all.

Oh I did. It’s not that big of a deal. I’d prefer we leave the politics out of it here but clearly that won’t happen. Fine then have at it. Why even bother allowing the comments to be open in the thread?

Some might just prefer to talk about how we got to a point where the 5th leading offensive d in the league is at a point where waiving was the best answer. Shit show. It’s not just on ADA in my opinion regardless of who the fuck was or is the President yesterday or today.

And there it is. The political nonsense. Even here, people were calling DeAngelo racist due to his political affiliation. Saw this coming a mile away. This shit started when Miller had that weird internet interview where some dope typed the "N word" over and over again. Some said it was DeAngelo..

So the republican viewed DeAngelo MUST have issues with the talented black kid!

Some of you are sick and fanatical with this liberal vs right garbage. So much so that you are siding with the player who attacked the player you do not like because of his politics. You call him an asshole because of his politics. You want him off the team because of his politics.

It's nonsense and this kind of non factual reporting doesn't help anything.

Oh I did. It?s not that big of a deal. I?d prefer we leave the politics out of it here but clearly that won?t happen. Fine then have at it. Why even bother allowing the comments to be open in the thread?

Some might just prefer to talk about how we got to a point where the 5th leading offensive d in the league is at a point where waiving was the best answer. Shit show. It?s not just on ADA in my opinion regardless of who the fuck was or is the President yesterday or today.

So you're going to have to explain to me how someone else saying the reason no one acknowledges ADA play is because of antimaga glasses and that's not a big deal, but then when I reply it is a big deal?

It's not just on ADA. The team made a mistake giving him as many chances as they did. They should have cut bait on this cancer way sooner.

To be clear, ADA is a cunt regardless of his politics.

And there it is. The political nonsense. Even here, people were calling DeAngelo racist due to his political affiliation. Saw this coming a mile away. This shit started when Miller had that weird internet interview where some dope typed the "N word" over and over again. Some said it was DeAngelo..

Some of you are sick and fanatical with this liberal vs right garbage. So much so that you are siding with the player who attacked the player you do not like because of his politics. You call him an asshole because of his politics. You want him off the team because of his politics.

Politics aren't mentioned once in that article. Just that he may have been mistreating Miller. You're the one connecting the dots that this is somehow a witch hunt against DeAngelo. The Rangers have plenty of right-leaning players. They're not on waivers.

Link: https://www.nhl.com/news/rangers-mika-zibanejad-has-first-practice-since-positive-covid-19-test/c-320192064

So, yes, we do know very much that Zibanejad had Covid.

So you think it's appropriate for a player to act poorly to a benching? Word.

DeAngelo's defensive play this season has been leagues worse than last season. He hasn't shown any care. He's significantly worse than his already struggling teammates.

In terms of information on the altercation, I'd suggest seeking out articles or Twitter. You're not reading the situation correctly.

My bad. I thought it was suggested he might have had it because there was talk that NHL policy was that they didn't have to tell the media as we weren't exactly sure if he had it or not.

And can we not post articles by that shit head? You make me post 12 sources but we allow his tweets to be taken as something legitimate?

Why not? It’s now factual ADA was tweeting from the shower 10 mins after a game since someone on Twitter made an account in Pittsburgh

Not like people live there....

Mods can we require someone be informed before commenting here?

To be clear, the report is that ADA went after Geo and Krieder went after ADA.

If that's not an accurate summary of what we know and what's being speculated can we level set?

We have people here who aren't trying to have an honest conversation.

My bad. I thought it was suggested he might have had it because there was talk that NHL policy was that they didn't have to tell the media as we weren't exactly sure if he had it or not.

That was the case during the bubble. No longer so. There are a number of players out for Covid-related reasons. They've been specified since the start of the season.

Politics aren't mentioned once in that article. Just that he may have been mistreating Miller. You're the one connecting the dots that this is somehow a witch hunt against DeAngelo. The Rangers have plenty of right-leaning players. They're not on waivers.

None were vocal during the last year about it. I deem it political because people suggest DeAngelo is a racist due to his political affiliation and nothing else. What? He's from Jersey? Does that make his a racist? Why else would anyone say he's racist after comments about MAGA colored glasses?

By the way someone mentioned that Lemieux is a republican and isn't treated poorly... umm dude has been playing like a warrior for his last 4 games, inwhich he has sacrificed his body to block multiple shits, has scored some goals and is rewarded with being scratched a game and even more reduced ice time.. Strome? Pulled from the PP, meanwhile he's been scoring goals lately. These are DeAngelos boys.

For what it?s worth:

?Trouba and Mika Zibanejad spoke to the media Sunday, and Trouba described the mood at practice as somewhat somber.

"He's one of our friends, and that's the business of the game,?? Trouba said. "So, yeah, there?s a little bit of somber mood. But at the same time, you?ve got to be a professional. And we?ve got a game [Monday] and you?ve got to do your job.??

"Right now . . . Tony's our teammate,?? Zibanejad said. "And you don't want anyone to go through that, and to be put in that situation . . . We're human beings. And it's not an easy thing to, maybe, deal with it. But yeah, we just have to find a way.???

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/tony-deangelo-waivers-rangers-1.50137240

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

So you're going to have to explain to me how someone else saying the reason no one acknowledges ADA play is because of antimaga glasses and that's not a big deal, but then when I reply it is a big deal?

It's not just on ADA. The team made a mistake giving him as many chances as they did. They should have cut bait on this cancer way sooner.

To be clear, ADA is a cunt regardless of his politics.

You’re not the only one in this thread to throw that maga glasses stuff. I think you’re taking a leap when someone says no one mentions his good play but it’s a silly point. He’s been shit defensively so I don’t care if he makes one damn play. I do think though there is a huge difference between that comment and

Saying maga glasses is the only way he’s obsolved here. None of us know the full story regardless but this isn’t the first teammate fight in the history of hockey so whatever.

He’s a polarizing dude. I don’t see how this is good for anyone but whatever. We now helped make a circus. Quinn looks like he’s way out of his league. Random benching, guys fighting, utter lack of any system, not knowing how to manage ADA better, accountability only when he feels like it, etc. Gorton brought him back knowing who he was. He’s got some stains on him too for ADA among other things. 4 people fell in his lap. Fox, Kakko, ALF, and Panarin. Hell, 5 if you count Trouba who he overpaid for. But I digress, this is about ADAs actions. If he’s been shopped and no one wants him, it’s partly due to Quinn’s handling of him and Gorton not dealing him last offseason too. Once you sign him though, I think you are saying he’s a continued project. Send him home, fine. Tell him to get his head right. Work with him. Don’t bench him after one game and make him a martyr which given ADAs fragile personality would damn well be known to do anything but help.

That was the case during the bubble. No longer so. There are a number of players out for Covid-related reasons. They've been specified since the start of the season.

We weren't sure about it when the mini camp started.. BTW that was how long ago? 4 weeks? No matter, I was wrong.

You’re not the only one in this thread to throw that maga glasses stuff. I think you’re taking a leap when someone says no one mentions his good play but it’s a silly point. He’s been shit defensively so I don’t care if he makes one damn play. I do think though there is a huge difference between that comment and

Saying maga glasses is the only way he’s obsolved here. None of us know the full story regardless but this isn’t the first teammate fight in the history of hockey so whatever.

He’s a polarizing dude. I don’t see how this is good for anyone but whatever. We now helped make a circus. Quinn looks like he’s way out of his league. Random benching, guys fighting, utter lack of any system, not knowing how to manage ADA better, accountability only when he feels like it, etc. Gorton brought him back knowing who he was. He’s got some stains on him too for ADA among other things. 4 people fell in his lap. Fox, Kakko, ALF, and Panarin. Hell, 5 if you count Trouba who he overpaid for. But I digress, this is about ADAs actions. If he’s been shopped and no one wants him, it’s partly due to Quinn’s handling of him and Gorton not dealing him last offseason too. Once you sign him though, I think you are saying he’s a continued project. Send him home, fine. Tell him to get his head right. Work with him. Don’t bench him after one game and make him a martyr which given ADAs fragile personality would damn well be known to do anything but help.

Or, it's on the fact the player never seems to change his behavior. Occam's razor. Simplest solution is likely the correct one. Make as few assumptions as possible. As crude as it is, "he's an asshole" is probably a perfectly succinct response as to why no one wants him on their team.

For what it’s worth:

“Trouba and Mika Zibanejad spoke to the media Sunday, and Trouba described the mood at practice as somewhat somber.

"He's one of our friends, and that's the business of the game,’’ Trouba said. "So, yeah, there’s a little bit of somber mood. But at the same time, you’ve got to be a professional. And we’ve got a game [Monday] and you’ve got to do your job.’’

"Right now . . . Tony's our teammate,’’ Zibanejad said. "And you don't want anyone to go through that, and to be put in that situation . . . We're human beings. And it's not an easy thing to, maybe, deal with it. But yeah, we just have to find a way.’’”

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/tony-deangelo-waivers-rangers-1.50137240

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What Trouba and Zibby are saying here is confusing I've would expected "What he did was wrong" "We don't need that nonsense" "He's a cancer on the team" IDK

Locking this in the interim. This is getting out of hand between misinterpretation of information, tangents about politics, and personal digs. We don't need any of that. The OP is being updated to contain a breakdown of all of the information we know with regards to the altercation and DeAngelo's waiving. Until the OP is updated this thread will remain locked. When it reopens it is expected that you abide by the standard rules as outlined in rule book. Keep it clean and impersonal. In addition, let's keep this discussion from being about DeAngelo and his political leanings. They are largely irrelevant to the situation.