• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Clears Waivers Following Fight with Georgiev; Won't Play for Rangers Again

Blue Heaven

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy has one less point than the teams top center... their +/- is similar. In two less games.

The guy gets punched for a remark and HE gets waived? Wasn't there a fight within the team LAST season as well, besides Smith and Vinny?

I don't know man. Sounds like an out of control locker room, with players who can't get their shit together to start games. By all accounts Deawas a favorite in the locker room. So, the fucking BACK UP goalie gets bent over a comment and punches the guy, and HES not the one on waivers? Like everything else with this franchise, they do it backwards.

Quinn said it - no leaders.

If this did go down, I’d have issues with guys wearing the As.

But as I said, if there were this many issues, including last season and over the summer, this is on Gorton for setting up the team for failure

Don't care how emotional he was after a bad goal ending the game. YOU CANNOT ATTACK YOUR TEAMMATE. It's totally unacceptable. Shows a complete lack of self control. And at this point hope they try to void his contract for cause.

Yeah, but umm it sounds like Georgiev went after HIM. SO? Still feel that way?

The guy has one less point than the teams top center... their +/- is similar. In two less games.

The guy gets punched for a remark and HE gets waived? Wasn't there a fight within the team LAST season as well, besides Smith and Vinny?

I don't know man. Sounds like an out of control locker room, with players who can't get their shit together to start games. By all accounts Deawas a favorite in the locker room. So, the fucking BACK UP goalie gets bent over a comment and punches the guy, and HES not the one on waivers? Like everything else with this franchise, they do it backwards.

Yeah, but umm it sounds like Georgiev went after HIM. SO? Still feel that way?

You should get familiar with the events that transpired before commenting on them.

Jesus there's enough information out there.

DeAngelo has been terrible defensively. Statistically, he's one of the worst-performing defenders in the NHL this season. His offense hasn't shown up to match. Zibanejad may be struggling, but let's remember that his having Covid may be affecting him. The team also doesn't give up a goal 25% of the time a shot is taken with him on the ice. They do with DeAngelo. Tony already didn't respond well to his benching per Brooks and then goes ahead and starts an altercation with his goaltender. It's not even Georgiev who reportedly punched DeAngelo, it's Kreider that people are speculating.

There's also little comparison between a scuffle during practice and going after your teammate in the tunnel after a game.

But as I said, if there were this many issues, including last season and over the summer, this is on Gorton for setting up the team for failure

The so-called leaders in the locker room didn't see this coming? I can't imagine this just popped up out of no where.

DeAngelo has been terrible defensively. Statistically, he's one of the worst-performing defenders in the NHL this season. His offense hasn't shown up to match. Zibanejad may be struggling, but let's remember that his having Covid may be affecting him. The team also doesn't give up a goal 25% of the time a shot is taken with him on the ice. They do with DeAngelo. Tony already didn't respond well to his benching per Brooks and then goes ahead and starts an altercation with his goaltender. It's not even Georgiev who reportedly punched DeAngelo, it's Kreider that people are speculating.

There's also little comparison between a scuffle during practice and going after your teammate in the tunnel after a game.

Yea, it's a pointless conversation to have around his play and the stats. That's not why he's getting waived. He's getting waived because he's a cunt.

Yea, it's a pointless conversation to have around his play and the stats. That's not why he's getting waived. He's getting waived because he's a cunt.

Right, but the play certainly doesn't help. I'm bringing it up to highlight that his play doesn't even warrant any reconsideration. He has elite offensive talent. That's great. He's a self-interested ass who can't play defense. Not worth the trouble because he's got some cool moves.

Yeah. Let him.walk. Don't sign him.

What I never get is why a vocal person such as DeAngelo can be considered a bad apple in some cases, or a veteran leader who can speak freely about bad play.

If I'm reading correctly ( hey maybe I'm not...) DeAngelo had a remark about ANOTHER weak goal, in which he made a solid defensive play to take the puck away (no mention by anyone with MAGA hate glasses on) before a teammate gave the puck away and trapped the players in their own zone for minutes.

That's bad? Must you wear a C on your jersey to be vocal like that? And HE gets attacked/punched and HE gets waived? What planet is this?

Furthermore, three separate sources independently confirmed to Blueshirt Banter that there was concern at various levels of the organization regarding DeAngelo?s treatment of rookie defenseman K?Andre Miller. Sources did not wish to go on the record with specific examples but indicated that it was an issue that caught the attention and ire of multiple players in the organization. Additionally, sources say tension has been building up in the locker room prior to the incident on Saturday night.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2021/1/31/22259125/report-deangelo-georgiev-allegedly-had-altercation-following-loss-vs-pittsburgh-new-york-rangers

--

So glad this piece of shit is finally getting flushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah. Let him.walk. Don't sign him.

What I never get is why a vocal person such as DeAngelo can be considered a bad apple in some cases, or a veteran leader who can speak freely about bad play.

If I'm reading correctly ( hey maybe I'm not...) DeAngelo had a remark about ANOTHER weak goal, in which he made a solid defensive play to take the puck away (no mention by anyone with MAGA hate glasses on) before a teammate gave the puck away and trapped the players in their own zone for minutes.

That's bad? Must you wear a C on your jersey to be vocal like that? And HE gets attacked/punched and HE gets waived? What planet is this?

Only someone with maga glasses on would try to absolve ADA here, or make this about Georgiev lol.

Pure comedy.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2021/1/31/22259125/report-deangelo-georgiev-allegedly-had-altercation-following-loss-vs-pittsburgh-new-york-rangers

--

So glad this piece of shit is finally getting flushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If that' true about his treatment of Miller he is a piece of shit, but if I remember correctly didn't ADA retrieve the puck for Miller on his first goal

Why did the Rangers wait so long again is these allegations are true ? In business you can get sued for creating a hostile environment.

We know DeAngelo isn't good defensively. This is news to anyone. He AND THE ENITIRE TEAM have yet to find their offense. His benching? You mean the one for slamming the penalty box door? Why SHOULD HE respond well to it? This coaching staff is making horrible decisions left and right. That was one of them. It's not known if Zib had Covid. Other players around the league and in other sports that did haveit, have not played like shit.

The rumor posted here says it was Georgiev. If it was Kreider, AGAIN the rumor is said player went after DeAngelo. Not DeAngelo punching the player in question. How is the aggressor the victim here?

• Like 1

You have to stop that crap. We all can have different opinions dude. Relax. It?s hockey.
No, I don't. Not when the post I'm quoting is saying people didn't notice one defneisve play(lol) because they're anti-maga. That's silly.

Maybe talk to him and tell him to relax and it's just hockey?

The Rangers:

Traded for him and gave him a chance

Gave him multiple chances after discipline

Signed him to a big money deal

--

ADA

Acted like a child

Didn't learn from it

Had an altercation with a teammate

--

Rangers fans: it's because of his politics.

LOL, sure.

• Like 1

We know DeAngelo isn't good defensively. This is news to anyone. He AND THE ENITIRE TEAM have yet to find their offense. His benching? You mean the one for slamming the penalty box door? Why SHOULD HE respond well to it? This coaching staff is making horrible decisions left and right. That was one of them. It's not known if Zib had Covid. Other players around the league and in other sports that did haveit, have not played like shit.

The rumor posted here says it was Georgiev. If it was Kreider, AGAIN the rumor is said player went after DeAngelo. Not DeAngelo punching the player in question. How is the aggressor the victim here?

Mika Zibanejad's status for the season opener is unclear after the New York Rangers center participated in a full practice Monday for the first time since testing positive for COVID-19 prior to training camp.

"I was out for a certain amount of days going through and sticking to protocol," said Zibanejad, who revealed the positive test Monday. "I've been skating on my own and now first real skate with the team. It felt good."

Link: https://www.nhl.com/news/rangers-mika-zibanejad-has-first-practice-since-positive-covid-19-test/c-320192064

So, yes, we do know very much that Zibanejad had Covid.

So you think it's appropriate for a player to act poorly to a benching? Word.

DeAngelo's defensive play this season has been leagues worse than last season. He hasn't shown any care. He's significantly worse than his already struggling teammates.

In terms of information on the altercation, I'd suggest seeking out articles or Twitter. You're not reading the situation correctly.

Damn was worried about it involving Miller. What an asshole

No, I don't. Not when the post I'm quoting is saying people didn't notice one defneisve play(lol) because they're anti-maga. That's silly.

Maybe talk to him and tell him to relax and it's just hockey?

The Rangers:

Traded for him and gave him a chance

Gave him multiple chances after discipline

Signed him to a big money deal

--

ADA

Acted like a child

Didn't learn from it

Had an altercation with a teammate

--

Rangers fans: it's because of his politics.

LOL, sure.

So who said this? I guess I quoted you wrong?

Only someone with maga glasses on would try to absolve ADA here, or make this about Georgiev lol.

Pure comedy.

Hon3stly, it makes it really hard to ever have a conversation about hockey with posts like that. This whole team is shit. But whatever. Keep saying this. It really adds to the conversation. Honestly, I think you’re better than this but whatever. :cheers:

So who said this? I guess I quoted you wrong?

Hon3stly, it makes it really hard to ever have a conversation about hockey with posts like that. This whole team is shit. But whatever. Keep saying this. It really adds to the conversation. Honestly, I think you?re better than this but whatever. :cheers:

Look at the post I quoted my guy.

And frankly, if you expect me to believe that you're staunch defense of this guy has nothing to do with politics, I'm not buying it at all.

Damn was worried about it involving Miller. What an asshole

DIdnt Herman already delete and walk it back?

And can we not post articles by that shit head? You make me post 12 sources but we allow his tweets to be taken as something legitimate?

• Like 1