• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Clears Waivers Following Fight with Georgiev; Won't Play for Rangers Again

Blue Heaven

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he went to a new team with established, veteran leadership, it could go a long way.
The team that traded him had Shane Doan as a C, OEL, Hanzal, Gololigoski, Michalek, and many others with a decade of experience.

How many vets are needed to keep him in line?

What Trouba and Zibby are saying here is confusing I've would expected "What he did was wrong" "We don't need that nonsense" "He's a cancer on the team" IDK
I think it's a situation where they do like him, but they just don't like his antics... And this time he seems to have gone too far.

If this helps the team then so be it. LGR. I’m a Rangers fan first and foremost. What I better hear though is that there was a closed locker room with every player including ADA to hash out all of this because the team is a mess and that goes well past ADA. I want to hear that Quinn had it out, said this is a team and you live and die here that night. Something with passion that shows me not only that he’s in charge which he’s done, but that he knows wtf he’s doing along the way. I bet we likely won’t see that but as I said in the postgame, he’s a handful of games away from losing the team. I personally think he’s not the right man but whatever. We are currently a circus. I don’t think that’s all on ADA.

I think the handling of ADA is an example of his incompetence. ADA is done here largely due to ADA. However, The sad thing is I think 20 games from now we will see it wasn’t as much that ADA was a cancer as it is that Quinn is a clueless nhl coach that still hasn’t figured out the difference between coaching 19 year old college players are 19 year ol NHL ones.

Sure hope I’m wrong.

If this helps the team then so be it. LGR. I?m a Rangers fan first and foremost. What I better hear though is that there was a closed locker room with every player including ADA to hash out all of this because the team is a mess and that goes well past ADA. I want to hear that Quinn had it out, said this is a team and you live and die here that night. Something with passion that shows me not only that he?s in charge which he?s done, but that he knows wtf he?s doing along the way. I bet we likely won?t see that but as I said in the postgame, he?s a handful of games away from losing the team. I personally think he?s not the right man but whatever. We are currently a circus. I don?t think that?s all on ADA.

I think the handling of ADA is an example of his incompetence. ADA is done here largely due to ADA. However, The sad thing is I think 20 games from now we will see it wasn?t as much that ADA was a cancer as it is that Quinn is a clueless nhl coach that still hasn?t figured out the difference between coaching 19 year old college players are 19 year ol NHL ones.

Sure hope I?m wrong.

I don't think anyone is saying it's either or.

ADA is a cunt.

Quinn is an idiot.

Both can be true, and no one is weighing them against each other as far as whose fault it is that the team is bad this season.

None were vocal during the last year about it. I deem it political because people suggest DeAngelo is a racist due to his political affiliation and nothing else. What? He's from Jersey? Does that make his a racist? Why else would anyone say he's racist after comments about MAGA colored glasses?

By the way someone mentioned that Lemieux is a republican and isn't treated poorly... umm dude has been playing like a warrior for his last 4 games, inwhich he has sacrificed his body to block multiple shits, has scored some goals and is rewarded with being scratched a game and even more reduced ice time.. Strome? Pulled from the PP, meanwhile he's been scoring goals lately. These are DeAngelos boys.

You do realize that DeAngelo was suspended twice in juniors for......racist comments. Once a racist, always a racist.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

If this helps the team then so be it. LGR. I’m a Rangers fan first and foremost. What I better hear though is that there was a closed locker room with every player including ADA to hash out all of this because the team is a mess and that goes well past ADA. I want to hear that Quinn had it out, said this is a team and you live and die here that night. Something with passion that shows me not only that he’s in charge which he’s done, but that he knows wtf he’s doing along the way. I bet we likely won’t see that but as I said in the postgame, he’s a handful of games away from losing the team. I personally think he’s not the right man but whatever. We are currently a circus. I don’t think that’s all on ADA.

I think the handling of ADA is an example of his incompetence. ADA is done here largely due to ADA. However, The sad thing is I think 20 games from now we will see it wasn’t as much that ADA was a cancer as it is that Quinn is a clueless nhl coach that still hasn’t figured out the difference between coaching 19 year old college players are 19 year ol NHL ones.

Sure hope I’m wrong.

This is assuming DeAngelo's situation was salvageable. The Rangers seemed to be in the clear until things came crashing down again. They're his third NHL team and only got him to cut the antics for barely a full season. I think Quinn is deficient as the Rangers coach, but I can't blame DeAngelo on him. He's punished him when he needed to be punished and gave him the room to flourish when he deserved it. Quinn can't be the psychiatrist that makes Tony a more workable personality. A 25-year-old shouldn't have the same character issues he had as a teenager.

None were vocal during the last year about it. I deem it political because people suggest DeAngelo is a racist due to his political affiliation and nothing else. What? He's from Jersey? Does that make his a racist? Why else would anyone say he's racist after comments about MAGA colored glasses?

By the way someone mentioned that Lemieux is a republican and isn't treated poorly... umm dude has been playing like a warrior for his last 4 games, inwhich he has sacrificed his body to block multiple shits, has scored some goals and is rewarded with being scratched a game and even more reduced ice time.. Strome? Pulled from the PP, meanwhile he's been scoring goals lately. These are DeAngelos boys.

Does the grievance culture have no end?

Players who are not playing well are losing ice time because they're conservatives and/or friends of ADA?

This is QAnon level conspiracy theory.

You do realize that DeAngelo was suspended twice in juniors for......racist comments. Once a racist, always a racist.

Once actually. Nice try. As far as I know the context of the slur to his team mate isn't known. Certain people used to think they were included in the special group of people who use racial slurs on the daily. White kids acting and talking like black people was/is a thing. So, without knowing what was said, I am not holding a 17 year old accountable for the rest of his life for saying a racial slur.

With that being said, this guy has definitely had a track record of being a problem or hard to coach when things aren't going well.

I hope he gets claimed. I hope he sucks where ever he goes. Hopefully they can atleast gain the cap space back. Please someone claim him or have this void his contract. Any west coast teams need am offensive Dman?

Sure hope I’m wrong.

I hope you're wrong too, but as you said - ADA is done because of ADA. Quinn gave him more leash than almost any coach he's ever had, and he thrived offensively. I don't understand how this is on Quinn - if you get in a fistfight with a coworker, do you blame your boss? If you get feedback that makes you pissy, is that your boss' fault?

What comments did he make? Does anyone actually know? Not justifying anything but there is a big difference between racist comments and some other ones that, have zero to do with race and previously were used in every day society before we realized that certain comments aren't acceptable.

I hope you're wrong too, but as you said - ADA is done because of ADA. Quinn gave him more leash than almost any coach he's ever had, and he thrived offensively. I don't understand how this is on Quinn - if you get in a fistfight with a coworker, do you blame your boss? If you get feedback that makes you pissy, is that your boss' fault?

Well I do believe there are differences in the sporting world than there are in the work force. Boyle and Dubinsky got into a fist fight in practice before. Plenty of other nhl teammates get into fights

What comments did he make? Does anyone actually know? Not justifying anything but there is a big difference between racist comments and some other ones that, have zero to do with race and previously were used in every day society before we realized that certain comments aren't acceptable.
Does it matter? the comments were enough to get him suspended, so it has nothing to do with society recognizing what is right or wrong. If he was suspended for it then they knew what was wrong...

Once actually. Nice try. As far as I know the context of the slur to his team mate isn't known. Certain people used to think they were included in the special group of people who use racial slurs on the daily. White kids acting and talking like black people was/is a thing. So, without knowing what was said, I am not holding a 17 year old accountable for the rest of his life for saying a racial slur.

With that being said, this guy has definitely had a track record of being a problem or hard to coach when things aren't going well.

I hope he gets claimed. I hope he sucks where ever he goes. Hopefully they can atleast gain the cap space back. Please someone claim him or have this void his contract. Any west coast teams need am offensive Dman?

Twice. He was suspended for an undisclosed incident in violation of the OHL's harassment, abuse, and diversity policy prior to the more infamous suspension he received for inappropriate comments to a teammate. We know they were racist in nature, but not what they were.

He got his second chance - he was drafted. He was chased out of the Lightning's room, traded to Phoenix (third chance), chased out of their room, traded to the Rangers (fourth) and imploded like a neutron star. It's not a one-off thing, and Quinn said as much in today's presser (that it was a string of incidents that led here). How many chances do you give a guy to simply not be an asshole before you just accept that he's an asshole?

He won't get claimed. He's done in the NHL, especially if he took a run at a teammate, doubly so if he picked a fight and lost spectacularly (as is alleged). He's going to have his contract terminated under the personal conduct clause, fight it in court, lose, and head to the KHL.

Well I do believe there are differences in the sporting world than there are in the work force. Boyle and Dubinsky got into a fist fight in practice before. Plenty of other nhl teammates get into fights
Yes, and nobody blames the coach. But you seem really passionate about making sure Quinn is held accountable for something.

No. It's his job, and it's no different than you and I.

Getting in a fight at practice is very different than picking a fight in the hallway after a game. Fighting is part of the game they play for work; off the ice, it's not.

Twice. He was suspended for an undisclosed incident in violation of the OHL's harassment, abuse, and diversity policy prior to the more infamous suspension he received for inappropriate comments to a teammate. We know they were racist in nature, but not what they were.

He got his second chance - he was drafted. He was chased out of the Lightning's room, traded to Phoenix (third chance), chased out of their room, traded to the Rangers (fourth) and imploded like a neutron star. It's not a one-off thing, and Quinn said as much in today's presser (that it was a string of incidents that led here). How many chances do you give a guy to simply not be an asshole before you just accept that he's an asshole?

He won't get claimed. He's done in the NHL, especially if he took a run at a teammate, doubly so if he picked a fight and lost spectacularly (as is alleged). He's going to have his contract terminated under the personal conduct clause, fight it in court, lose, and head to the KHL.

Yes, and if you look outside Rangers twitter, you will see other people asking why the Rangers even gave him as many chances as they did...

This is assuming DeAngelo's situation was salvageable. The Rangers seemed to be in the clear until things came crashing down again. They're his third NHL team and only got him to cut the antics for barely a full season. I think Quinn is deficient as the Rangers coach, but I can't blame DeAngelo on him. He's punished him when he needed to be punished and gave him the room to flourish when he deserved it. Quinn can't be the psychiatrist that makes Tony a more workable personality. A 25-year-old shouldn't have the same character issues he had as a teenager.

Fair and I partly agree. Honestly though, can anyone with a straight face say they thought his benching and sitting in the press box 2 periods into the season was going to be met positively at all? I get that's on ADA too but to me that shows your history is bright in even if it's a new season and clean slats (at least that how I would treat it if the Rangers came calling to me lol). I just think this was an inevitable path once that happened. I'm sure ADA took that contract instead of going into arbitration as a signthey were going to possibly push forward with him and see him dogged 2 periods into his season. Just a thought. I think this year Quinn has missed the mark too with ADA.

No. It's his job, and it's no different than you and I.

Getting in a fight at practice is very different than picking a fight in the hallway after a game. Fighting is part of the game they play for work; off the ice, it's not.

Could it even remotely disagree more. A fight in practice is just as bad as one in the tunnel after the game. They are ilat "work" either way.

I get sometimes an organization is just done with a player. Sometimes a player just has to go.

But when the dust settles (two weeks from now) what is the narrative:

1. This was step one in getting the locker room culture right. Veterans are engaged, and the team is playing up to its potential.

2. Rangers lost a defenseman option, in an already suspect group.

If he had to go, he had to go. But I'd suggest that this is likely a symptom of problems in the locker room. Maybe players are grouchy because of all the losing, and winning makes things better. Or maybe you've got problems with locker room culture, and not enough leaders stepping forward to get accountability for on-ice performance.