• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Clears Waivers Following Fight with Georgiev; Won't Play for Rangers Again

Blue Heaven

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the BIG thing we are all missing here is Kreider

- Did he hit Tony D?

- Did he intend to hit Tony D?

- If yes: CK20 put a fucking shot on target. This is big news.. News that must be celebrated. News that hopefully builds his confidence as a marksman.

- If no: Who was he trying to hit? Perhaps we should stop giving him shit for missing the net when he can't hit his target off the ice as well.

I think the BIG thing we are all missing here is Kreider

- Did he hit Tony D?

- Did he intend to hit Tony D?

- If yes: CK20 put a fucking shot on target. This is big news.. News that must be celebrated. News that hopefully builds his confidence as a marksman.

- If no: Who was he trying to hit? Perhaps we should stop giving him shit for missing the net when he can't hit his target off the ice as well.

It sounds like he wasn?t involved at all now. Deangelo said something to Georgiev, who then punched him. Miller broke it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

In Russia.

Not really, no, as I'm sure you know. Watson, and Varlamov are two obvious cases, and both Kanes are probably also awful people who took care of their own allegations, magically. Not to make this about whataboutism, Tony deserves the bed he's made, and hasn't shown much as far as improvement goes, but a little consistency would be nice, or maybe a little clarity on why teams view physical, and sexual, abuse against women a little differently than than whatever this is.

It doesn't sound like much as an isolated incident but definitely some history between DeAngelo and Georgiev that ignited this so quickly (noting that we don't actually know what he said).

Probably. Georgiev strikes me as a quiet, reserved kind of guy. It's probably an accurate assumption that DeAngelo has been needling him a lot.

In America. A guy like Kareem Hunt still plays professional football after clocking a chick in the face, with video.

DeAngelo sounds like an asshole, but it's being made out to be more than it is IMO.

I mean.. it?s a string of incidents that the organization is just over. To top it off he has looked like he doesnt even care on the ice. I?m sure there are/were incidents that probably weren?t reported too.

Let me ask you this.. deangelo aside do you want your rookies/young guys developing in this kind of environment?

Probably. Georgiev strikes me as a quiet, reserved kind of guy. It's probably an accurate assumption that DeAngelo has been needling him a lot.

Yeah, guys like Geo don't just snap because of a one-off comment. And we know DeAngelo likes to talk. A lot.

I mean.. it’s a string of incidents that the organization is just over. To top it off he has looked like he doesnt even care on the ice. I’m sure there are/were incidents that probably weren’t reported too.

Let me ask you this.. deangelo aside do you want your rookies/young guys developing in this kind of environment?

No. I'm not attacking the Rangers position to move on. He has clearly been toeing, and crossing, a line they gave him and it's no longer a fit.

The stuff I'm reading is really hinting at that he should be out of hockey. I don't agree with that.

Not really, no, as I'm sure you know. Watson, and Varlamov are two obvious cases, and both Kanes are probably also awful people who took care of their own allegations, magically. Not to make this about whataboutism, Tony deserves the bed he's made, and hasn't shown much as far as improvement goes, but a little consistency would be nice, or maybe a little clarity on why teams view physical, and sexual, abuse against women a little differently than than whatever this is.

"Not to make this whataboutism, but..."

This has nothing to do with sexual assault or domestic abuse so why bother bringing it up? I understand YOU don't seem to think this is a big deal but there's a reason Tony's been on 3 different teams (possibly 4 now) in his short career: his pissed people off wherever he goes.

Why can't that just be enough? I mean jesus, look at the first 4 weeks of this season. Tony's been in the news almost every fucking week and not for charitable causes.

It's not 1974 anymore. Sorry. You can't just pick fist fights with your teammates. And that's especially true when the organization is already tired of you.

No. I'm not attacking the Rangers position to move on. He has clearly been toeing, and crossing, a line they gave him and it's no longer a fit.

The stuff I'm reading is really hinting at that he should be out of hockey. I don't agree with that.

Exactly. I'm OK with the Ranger's decision, it's the gleeful vitriol I read everywhere that takes the cake. (Not necessarily here). They want this guy out of hockey. There's no room for someone like him here, that's for sure.

Bending in pretzels to make cases that's he's not actually good enough to play in the league anyways. It's all quite amusing, really.

He shouldn't be out of hockey because of his shitty attitude/behavior, but he'll have a hard time finding employment in the NHL because of his shitty attitude/behavior. This is in every way possible entirely different from domestic abusers.

"Not to make this whataboutism, but..."

This has nothing to do with sexual assault or domestic abuse so why bother bringing it up? I understand YOU don't seem to think this is a big deal but there's a reason Tony's been on 3 different teams (possibly 4 now) in his short career: his pissed people off wherever he goes.

Why can't that just be enough? I mean jesus, look at the first 4 weeks of this season. Tony's been in the news almost every fucking week and not for charitable causes.

It's not 1974 anymore. Sorry. You can't just pick fist fights with your teammates. And that's especially true when the organization is already tired of you.

That's all fine and good, but I'm just asking for a consistent message, or some hierarchy of egregious behavior so I can follow along.

He shouldn't be out of hockey because of his shitty attitude/behavior, but he'll have a hard time finding employment in the NHL because of his shitty attitude/behavior. This is in every way possible entirely different from domestic abusers.

Yeah, one's an actual criminal.

• Like 1

As Phil pointed out, quite accurately, Deangelo is nuclear. Nobody is claiming him.

Now, why is that? Is it because no GM will take a chance on him, or is it because they'll be skewered by certain segments of their fan base?

Pretty obvious, really.