• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Phil

Comments in bold.

We have camp dumps - Worthless

We have an abundance of early 2- RFAs that we can not re-sign all of - Not attractive for Ottawa. Melnyk is cheap and not only doesn't want RFAs, but also dumping Ryan.

We have a plethora of draft picks - they'll want them including our top #1. So do we. Not happening.

We have a cupboard filled with prospects, most of whom will never see the NHL ice - they'll only want to talk about Buch, Lias, Chytil, maybe Howden and Hajek depending upon who their scouts like. I expect all to be solid NHLers.

the odds that one of our picks or prospects will deliver what Karlsson will for the next several seasons is slim to none.

I’m not a huge Karlsson fan, and think it’s just a fun be off season convo

I'm down for fun chatter and not so pessimistic about this strong draft. It seems littered with potential stars. The kids are entering the draft more prepared than ever. Our pick could yield a star Dman. The top 5 looks fantastic and 6-9 looks great too.

2016 - 6th Tkachuk, 7th Keller, 9th Sergachev

2015 - 7th Provorov, 8th Werenski, 9th Meier, 10th Rantanen

2014 - 8th Nylander, 9th Ehlers, 11th Fiala

And last year's #5 to #11 prospects all are tracking strong. Pettersson, Glass, Lias, Mittelstadt, Rasmussen, Tippett and Valardi. Then look at picks 12-24. All but pick #23 (who I don't know anything about) would be a top prospect on the Rangers. Then there is still Oettinger, Tolvanen and Kostin at the end of the round.

This time we do not pass on selection one from column A, one from column B and one from column C. It is time to eat our veggies and be healthy for years.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we cant get in top 3, I want Kotkaniemi.

I dont see anyone in the 4+ being "franchise altering" players, necessarily. So I'd want the guy that can make the biggest aspect the fastest.

You may be on to something here Josh...Think he might go around 12-15? Higher???

https://world.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/report-five-nhl-teams-vying-for-voynov

Report: Five NHL teams vying for Voynov

Five NHL teams have been in contact with defencemen Vyacheslav Voynov’s agent according to reports out of Russia.

They are the Florida Panthers, Winnipeg Jets, New York Islanders, New York Rangers and the Montreal Canadiens. pic.twitter.com/EfCn6M5mzU— Complete Hockey News (@CompleteHkyNews) April 23, 2018

Of the team’s who have reportedly shown interest in Voynov, the Islanders likely have the biggest need and the largest role for him to fill. Then again, if the rumors about Voynov’s KHL teammate Ilya Kovalchuk joining the Rangers are true, it may make sense for Voynov to join him in The Big Apple.

Yes, pretty far off the board actually, usually see him anywhere from 12th-25th in 2017 pre-draft rankings.

I mean Andersson last year a little off the board, IIRC, wasn't he?

yep ... and I'm still trying to figure out if he is still off the board.

I know it's too soon to tell, and I smack myself on the wrist, bad Phil! but what do you guys see as Andersson's trajectory?

Comments in bold.

I'm down for fun chatter and not so pessimistic about this strong draft. It seems littered with potential stars. The kids are entering the draft more prepared than ever. Our pick could yield a star Dman. The top 5 looks fantastic and 6-9 looks great too.

2016 - 6th Tkachuk, 7th Keller, 9th Sergachev

2015 - 7th Provorov, 8th Werenski, 9th Meier, 10th Rantanen

2014 - 8th Nylander, 9th Ehlers, 11th Fiala

And last year's #5 to #11 prospects all are tracking strong. Pettersson, Glass, Lias, Mittelstadt, Rasmussen, Tippett and Valardi. Then look at picks 12-24. All but pick #23 (who I don't know anything about) would be a top prospect on the Rangers. Then there is still Oettinger, Tolvanen and Kostin at the end of the round.

This time we do not pass on selection one from column A, one from column B and one from column C. It is time to eat our veggies and be healthy for years.

Great post. Egads, I hope so, it's been too long. Eat veggies and be healthy NYR drafters, don't phuck this rare opportunity up! Draft BPA and be done with it. No trading 1st round picks for Karlsson. No more trading high picks for injured stars, damaged goods, band aids and hail mary passes. Draft well—No more screwing around with too much off the board nonsense, use your low picks for that Vegas action, not the high ones. Just do it this time! That's what my heart is screaming here.

Not according to Brooks, who thankfully tossed water on that smoke:

Mobile link:

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm not big on the guy, but it cant hurt to check it out.

RH, vet, playoff experience, willingness to fight, probably come pretty cheap to get back in the NHL, too

Actually, it can. He's a piece of shit, unrepentant domestic abuser. There's no team in the league that should show any interest in him whatsoever.

What's next, we kick tires on Jerry Sandusky? "Can't hurt to check it out."

Exactly, there's some things that are much more important than the game. Screw this POS.

By all accounts, he isn't. I've yet to see a public apology from him or any kind of acknowledgment of wrong-doing. He beat his spouse nearly half to death, on numerous occassions, leaving her and their bathroom a bloody mess the last time, and fled to Russia.

Show me the repentant man and I'll be one step closer to giving him the benefit of doubt.

Caught the under 18s the other night. Of course jack Hughes looked amazing. Wahlstrom, farrabee, and deandre miller looked pretty damn good too. But the guy who raised my expectations the most was Bode Wilde. He was impressive. Big kid who can really skate and shoot the puck. Didn’t see him lay any big hits but it is said it’s in his game. I know it was against Belarus so the competition isn’t great but he looks like a good one.

By all accounts, he isn't. I've yet to see a public apology from him or any kind of acknowledgment of wrong-doing. He beat his spouse nearly half to death, on numerous occassions, leaving her and their bathroom a bloody mess the last time, and fled to Russia.

Show me the repentant man and I'll be one step closer to giving him the benefit of doubt.

good call, don't want the pos here.

Caught the under 18s the other night. Of course jack Hughes looked amazing. Wahlstrom, farrabee, and deandre miller looked pretty damn good too. But the guy who raised my expectations the most was Bode Wilde. He was impressive. Big kid who can really skate and shoot the puck. Didn?t see him lay any big hits but it is said it?s in his game. I know it was against Belarus so the competition isn?t great but he looks like a good one.

Wilde is my dark horse. I?d select him as high as 10

Actually, it can. He's a piece of shit, unrepentant domestic abuser. There's no team in the league that should show any interest in him whatsoever.

What's next, we kick tires on Jerry Sandusky? "Can't hurt to check it out."

Totally forgot about this. Fuck this guy.

Pathetically enough I?m actually starting to feel a bit of nerves coming on.

It would be such a massive boost to get lucky and get in the top 3.

Not pathetic at all, this could be a huge part of this franchise next 15 years. I feel like we have a game 7 coming up, and its just the fucking lottery. First time ever I will bother watching it actually.

Archived