• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Phil

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My board:

1.Dahlen

2 - 4. Svech, Tkachuk,Zadina

5. Boqvist

6. Hughes

7. Bouchard

8. Wahlstrom

9. Dobson

Drop-off, but still some nice prospects. 6 to 9 may be interchangable, Hughes may have the biggest upside of that group.

These 9 all project to top line or top pair. There should be a few others sprinkled throughout the first.

My board:

1.Dahlen

2 - 4. Svech, Tkachuk,Zadina

5. Boqvist

6. Hughes

7. Bouchard

8. Wahlstrom

9. Dobson

Drop-off, but still some nice prospects. 6 to 9 may be interchangable, Hughes may have the biggest upside of that group.

These 9 all project to top line or top pair. There should be a few others sprinkled throughout the first.

I’m more comfortable with the next group than I am with the Tkachuk - ~12.

Every year a player or two drops where it becomes very surprising to all. This year with the depth of this draft there will be a player or two nobody would anticipate being there at nine available to us. Of course the rangers usually try to show they are the smartest people in the room and take Jessimen or mcilrath but you get my point.

Every year a player or two drops where it becomes very surprising to all. This year with the depth of this draft there will be a player or two nobody would anticipate being there at nine available to us. Of course the rangers usually try to show they are the smartest people in the room and take Jessimen or mcilrath but you get my point.

I get your drift all too well, and the most important thing is they don't repeat the same mistakes with, as you put it rather well, trying "to show they are the smartest people in the room "

2 more months till draft day to stew over this, LOL.

Gorton mentioned kicking the tires on a few teams to see if they can move up. I wonder how high they’ll be looking to go. It’ll be interesting to say the least. I expect a big move though. Whether it’s Zucc or a pick, I think the Rangers will be very active.

If they trade for a higher pick I hope they hang onto their #9. I would rather see them trade both of the other 1st rounders for another top 10 pick. We need some quantity, but not as badly as we need quality.

I don't see how they can pull that off. In all likelihood, moving up from nine means packaging nine with at least one of BOS/TBL picks.

I think they’ll be very active and aggressive trying to move up. Gorton knows that in all likelihood they won’t have the abundance of picks and tradeable roster players he has now in the future, and also that it’s unlikely they land in the top-3 to 5 on their own.

The question is, what’s enough to convince one of those teams in top-5 to come off a pick up there.

Does their pick at 9, plus another 1st rounder, plus either a 2nd rounder or a roster piece get it done?

Also, I wouldn’t mind if they held onto the pick at 9 and tried to put together a package to grab another pick in top-15

I don’t get why they have to trade up at all. Is Tkachuk a significantly better player than say wahlstrom? For a team like the rangers who have lots of needs wouldn’t say wahlstrom and Noel/Wilde/merkley be better than 1 guy say Tkachuk or Zadina? To me if it’s not about right now I want multiple shots at a deep draft not less.

Only way a team in the top 3 trades with the Rangers is if they get #9 and Kreider/Buch or one of Chytil/Andersson/Shestyorkin.

I could see that. You’d want an established roster piece in addition to a top pick if you’re dealing a pick in top 3-5. While I’m not necessarily advocating a trade of Kreider, but I don’t think it’s a ridiculous thought to move him. Love his ability, but he should be a 30 G 55-60 point player and he isn’t. And he’s 400 games into his career and about to turn 27.

While I see why people feel he hasn’t hit his ceiling yet, it’s entirely possible he has. And while his size and speed are wonderful, he’s not a great shooter nor does he have great hands around the net. While it’s still possible he finds another level, I’m not so sure he does.

Here's the mock draft from the nhl.com crew: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-mock-draft-rasmus-dahlin-number-1/c-298337670?tid=277764372

I think the TSN one is closer to how it'll pan out, but this one is interesting in that it takes into account the certain amount of curveballs that usually occur when teams don't pick according to the scout report.

A couple of points:

- Morreale reckons we pick Barrett Hayton in 9th. Surely there is no chance of us doing that when he's got Wahlstrom and Kotkaniemi available at that point.

- Can't see Boqvist being available at 9th

- I don't think we'll go for Serron Noel either

So in short I disagree with all 3 picks they have for us. :slats:

Here's the mock draft from the nhl.com crew: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-mock-draft-rasmus-dahlin-number-1/c-298337670?tid=277764372

I think the TSN one is closer to how it'll pan out, but this one is interesting in that it takes into account the certain amount of curveballs that usually occur when teams don't pick according to the scout report.

A couple of points:

- Morreale reckons we pick Barrett Hayton in 9th. Surely there is no chance of us doing that when he's got Wahlstrom and Kotkaniemi available at that point.

- Can't see Boqvist being available at 9th

- I don't think we'll go for Serron Noel either

So in short I disagree with all 3 picks they have for us. :slats:

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I dont want any of them. I would rather take any of the 3 they picked for Oilers (Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi). Why the fuck would we take Noel at #9? I cant see any mock drafts where he's lower then 20. 53p in 62 games in OHL and 0-1-1 in 5 playoff games, hard pass.

Archived