• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Phil

I don't think Edmonton was looking to add at the deadline, especially not for prospects.

Also don't think they're trading Klefbom, but stranger things have happened.

If I had a guarantee we were getting Tavares and Kovalchuk, I'd float the idea of Kreider/Zibs for 10th + Klef (pauses to wonder if I should submit post or not)

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From everything I've seen, most people are thinking Merkley as a late first rounder. You think he moves up the draft board that much?

You cant dispute his skating or his offensive abilities. He could emerge as the highest scoring dman of this class... is that enough to overlook his defense deficiencies?

"Defense wins championships" is out. I think we could see a team like Edmonton jumping at that opportunity, based on their current assets. A high risk/extremely high reward pick.

You cant dispute his skating or his offensive abilities. He could emerge as the highest scoring dman of this class... is that enough to overlook his defense deficiencies?

"Defense wins championships" is out. I think we could see a team like Edmonton jumping at that opportunity, based on their current assets. A high risk/extremely high reward pick.

You are probably right with this but wouldn't Edmonton look for someone who's floor might be a little more predictable? I just don't feel that they are in the position to swing and miss and Merkley just seems like a candidate for that.

I don't think Edmonton was looking to add at the deadline, especially not for prospects.

Also don't think they're trading Klefbom, but stranger things have happened.

If I had a guarantee we were getting Tavares and Kovalchuk, I'd float the idea of Kreider/Zibs for 10th + Klef (pauses to wonder if I should submit post or not)

No reason to trade Kreids or Zibs, unless you think Zibs is too much of a concussion risk. Especially if you are not getting a game changer or #1 Dman back. We have plenty of RFAs, Zuc, Shatty and others to get more picks. Plus we have plenty of 2nds and 3rds to use to move up or include for a roster player.

It is not that Kreids, Zibs, Skjei, Chytil, Lias and the Tampa prospects are untradeable. It is just that they should be key parts to the rebuilt core and should only move in a package that nets us a star or potential superstar.

I assumed you made that prediction based on Chiarelli mishandling another asset.

Nor will he score more than Dahlin, Boqvist or Hughes.

Red Wings willing to trade the 6th pick, is worth moving up only 3 spots in hopes Tkachuk falls?

I think just about every team has come out saying they are willing to trade down for player + picks.

We'd have to wait until the pick is up. I dont want to trade a shit-load prior to knowing who is available at 6. If it's Svechnikov, I'm in. Zadina, probably. After that, it would really be based off the cost.

And there is a possibility the guy you want [to move up and take] at 4 is available when you are picking 9th.

I wonder if DQ will push for Tkachuk if he's available in some way.

It's be pretty cool if Tkachuk said he won't sign with anyone but the Rangers if drafted. Well, not really cool, but cool for the Rangers to get him at pick 9.

I wonder if DQ will push for Tkachuk if he's available in some way.

Seriously took me about 30 seconds to realize you were talking about our head coach and not the ice cream shop. Thanks...now I'm in the mood for a blizzard!

I?d take Wahlstrom in a heart beat. This team hasn?t drafted a legit scorer in years with one very sad exception.

I?d also trade one of our late 1st round picks to move back in the draft and pick up an extra pick or two. Not a huge difference in picking at 28 vs. 38 unless there is someone you really want. Might as wel make the best use of the picks you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The NHL tonight crew reporting from the combine had Tkachuk at #2.

I’m a big fan but picking him ahead of Svechnikov seems a bit much.

Was this for North American skaters, or in general? He's been 2/3 on the NA list all season.

The NHL tonight crew reporting from the combine had Tkachuk at #2.

I’m a big fan but picking him ahead of Svechnikov seems a bit much.

This has to be #2 North American skater. There's no way anyone legitimately has him ranked ahead of Svechnkikov.

Archived