• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Phil

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still cant imagine a scenario where Svechnikov drops far enough for us to even move up and get him.

1.) Dahlin

2,) Zadina (Necas)

3.) Kotkaniemi (rumors)

4.) Boqvist (EK replacement),

5.) Tkachuk (Brute force up front, plus no Domi)

6.) Hughes (homeboy)

7.) Dobson (seem to be high on him)

8.) Wahlstrom (cheap sniper, and they shipped out their last Russian)

9.) Ty Smith

DAMMIT! :palm:

Yeah. Strange they came out and said it. Wonder what the tactic is.

Probably no tactic. Everyone know's the Sabres choice and they realize they want Svech. Only tactic would be letting all know it is gonna take a mountain of an offer for them to move this pick.

I wonder if we see some NBA post-pick trades. Seems like the draft it would happen.

Was wondering the same, involving our Rangers. Basically if the player one of the teams ahead of us wants is there at 9. we may have a swap. Edm is also a candidate to trade their pick if the Dmen are gone, to a team wanting a C. Isles with 11 and 12 the other team with options.

Probably no tactic. Everyone know's the Sabres choice and they realize they want Svech. Only tactic would be letting all know it is gonna take a mountain of an offer for them to move this pick.

Well it could entice the teams under them to see what it would take to move up/swap picks to get him because they know he won't fall to 3 or 4.

Not to be a Debbie downer because I would love to take wahlstrom but something tells me he will be off the board at 9. I am fairly certain they’re going to take a dman with that pick.

.....or whoever is ranked 45th lol

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Depends how the draft plays out, lol.

I think we will see a run on defensemen. A lot of these teams drafting ahead of us are in deep rebuilds (3-Montreal, 4-Sens, 6-Wings, 7-Canucks) and I think most will lean towards defensemen. 2-Canes and 5-Coyotes are coming out of rebuilds, but Canes will take Svechnikov or Zadina, and Coyotes wont be able to pass up on a Hughes/Dobson with their pick. Hawks could take Wahlstrom, but if there is a run on d-men, and 1 team takes a C and you could see Tkachuk and/or Wahlstrom there. And, after quickly looking, the last draft that didnt see a Center in the top 10 was 2002 (Nash). Other than 2012 (Galchenyuk #3) most top 10s are littered with Centers, so I don't think its far fetched to think a team takes a C.

The way I see it, we get to pick one out of a very even bunch ranked 4th-10th:

Tkachuk

Wahlstrom

Dobson

Hughes

Boqvist

Bouchard

Kotkaniemi

I almost don't care if it's one or the other, to be honest. I really think 9th is a sweet spot value-wise. We are going to get a very, very strong prospect.

If I was Gorton, I would lean back and just wait and see who falls to 9th. And then let the scouting staff focus on maximum value from the late 1st rounders, which are extremely important picks to get right.

Depends how the draft plays out, lol.

I think we will see a run on defensemen. A lot of these teams drafting ahead of us are in deep rebuilds (3-Montreal, 4-Sens, 6-Wings, 7-Canucks) and I think most will lean towards defensemen. 2-Canes and 5-Coyotes are coming out of rebuilds, but Canes will take Svechnikov or Zadina, and Coyotes wont be able to pass up on a Hughes/Dobson with their pick. Hawks could take Wahlstrom, but if there is a run on d-men, and 1 team takes a C and you could see Tkachuk and/or Wahlstrom there. And, after quickly looking, the last draft that didnt see a Center in the top 10 was 2002 (Nash). Other than 2012 (Galchenyuk #3) most top 10s are littered with Centers, so I don't think its far fetched to think a team takes a C.

A couple of assumptions can start to be made. Combine is done, team's boards are mostly finalized.

Canes are taking Svech. Even if by some longshot they trade the pick, Svech is going #2.

Montreal wants a C much more than the rest. Speculation is they could trade down a few and take Kot. Hope so, Kot isn't in my top 9. But I think they end up taking Zadina. If the Rangers do trade up, I hope it is for Zadina. Josh, you want a star? You underrate him.

No chance Tkachuk lasts to #9. Wahlstrom could.

Zona could do anything, but I'd bet they take either Hughes or Tkachuk.

Detroit definitely likes the Dmen. Local boy Hughes, but word is they love Bouchard.

Vanc - rumor is they've talked to someone about trading down. If they stand pat they will take the highest rated player regardless of position.

It is not so much a run on Dmen. It is that after the 3 highest rated forwards, there are 4 (five if you include Smith) Dmen and Wahlstrom that are clearly a notch above the rest of the draft prospects, IMO.

A couple of assumptions can start to be made. Combine is done, team's boards are mostly finalized.

Canes are taking Svech. Even if by some longshot they trade the pick, Svech is going #2.

Montreal wants a C much more than the rest. Speculation is they could trade down a few and take Kot. Hope so, Kot isn't in my top 9. But I think they end up taking Zadina. If the Rangers do trade up, I hope it is for Zadina. Josh, you want a star? You underrate him.

No chance Tkachuk lasts to #9. Wahlstrom could.

Zona could do anything, but I'd bet they take either Hughes or Tkachuk.

Detroit definitely likes the Dmen. Local boy Hughes, but word is they love Bouchard.

Vanc - rumor is they've talked to someone about trading down. If they stand pat they will take the highest rated player regardless of position.

It is not so much a run on Dmen. It is that after the 3 highest rated forwards, there are 4 (five if you include Smith) Dmen and Wahlstrom that are clearly a notch above the rest of the draft prospects, IMO.

No, I don't. I've talked about "the 2 foreign wingers" since we started discussing the draft. I just prefer Svechnikov's game more.

I've also said that Tkachuk will drop. I think most of the D go before the 2 American wingers.

Dahlin

Svechnikov

Zadina

Tkachuk

Hughes

Bouchard

Boqvist

Wahlstrom

My gut feeling is that?s the first 8 picks. Not necessarily in that order, but not too far from that either.

At #9 that means Dobson is the best player on the board unless you love Kotkaniemi.

The only uncertain pick there for me is whether Dobson is picked ahead of Wahlstrom.

No, I don't.

Then why don't you want the Rangers to trade up for him?

I've talked about "the 2 foreign wingers" since we started discussing the draft. I just prefer Svechnikov's game more.

True, But the Canes are taking Svech and we don't have what they want anyway. The Habs want C's. Kot, Names and another first could work for them. Zadina could be a star. Why don't you want the Rangers to deal with the Habs here? Svech has nothing to do with it.

I've also said that Tkachuk will drop. I think most of the D go before the 2 American wingers.

Yes you have. I can't see Tkachuk dropping past 5, no way past 7. Wahlstrom could make it to us.

Not to be a Debbie downer because I would love to take wahlstrom but something tells me he will be off the board at 9. I am fairly certain they’re going to take a dman with that pick.

.....or whoever is ranked 45th lol

I don't care who it is so long as it's the best player available. I'm tired of going "off the board" every fucking year.

Much as I like him, I can't shake the feeling they're going to move up for Tkachuk, leaving more talented players?Bouchard, Hughes, maybe even Zadina?on the board in the process.

It wouldn't be as big of a reach as they made on Andersson or McIlrath, but it could be equally damaging.

Archived