• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Phil

19%, 1 out of 5. We deserve it!

btw what time is the lottery?

Below from NHL.com If I'm reading it right, 4-15 is announced first? I haven't had any coffee yet...

Picks 4-15 will be announced during the "2018 NHL Draft Lottery Show" on Saturday (7:30 p.m. ET; NBC, CBC, TVAS). The top three selections will be revealed during the second intermission of Game 2 of the Western Conference Second Round between the San Jose Sharks and Vegas Golden Knights (8 p.m. ET; NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS).

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seeing tweets claiming Wahlstrom isnt going to Harvard anymore? Any word on this?

How close would he be to NHL ready? I didnt watch him with that thought. But being 1-dimensional, and that one fitting a huge hole for the Rangers, actually does intrigue me a bit.

I don't understand why somebody that's a virtual lock to become a millionaire to play hockey would choose to play short season amateur hockey instead of signing a contract to start what is surely his career path. It's mind boggling.

I don't see it as being much better in Major Junior anymore, either. Major Junior teams used to pay premium players big bucks, but they put an end to that under the guise of "fairness" now nobody gets anything. Brilliant.

Auston Matthews is the only one that's figured this out, I really thought other NA players would clue in to how fucked they get vs. their Euro counterparts.

It's bizarre to me that it's not even so-called "magical thinking" anymore. Like people claim there's no such thing as luck, or hexes, or jinxes, or curses, etc. But at what point, when your luck is so bad for so long and it's so frequent, does it cease being magical thinking and become an empirically-proven piece of factual data? When you RELIABLY get screwed by the hockey gods time and time again, it's no longer "luck," which implies that it's transitory/temporary/subject to change, it starts being a foregone conclusion.

Posted a few weeks back that I had a good feeling. Now that the day is here I don't anymore. I can all but guarantee the top three picks are going to be:

1. Islanders

2. Edmonton/Carolina/Dallas/St. Louis/Florida

3. Islanders

If the Devils had missed the playoffs, they would have gotten the second spot. Same goes for the Flyers. If I'm an Islanders fan, I am thanking my lucky stars that the Rangers are in the draft lottery, because it all but guarantees a favorable outcome.

So we don't actually have to wait that long to find out what happened. My understanding is that they just turn over cards starting at 15 and moving down. So if we we don't see the Islanders twice, Edmonton, Carolina, Dallas, St. Louis, or Florida in picks 9-15, we'll know they're in the top 3. Conversely, if pick #8 comes around and we haven't seen our team, we'll know we're in the top 3.

Archived