• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

J.T. Miller: Requiem for a Captain Who Never Was

ClearedForContact

I watch almost every game, but I do appreciate your concern for my commentary, I will strive to get on message.

Miller still does this dumb shit. Or did here, at least.

miller certainly has talent but obviously any player playing with a stacked team is gonna benefit greatly

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only player needing defending up to this point is Namestnikov. I know it’s early but if anybody grossly benefited from playing with those guys it was him.

Miller put up 50 something points all the while being juggled throughout the lineup. People pound on him for going through what kids do. Namestnikov already 11 games in has been benched here If that was miller in Tampa everyone here would be blasting him. Namestnikov is the guy who needs to prove himself, not miller. Millers done it without all stars around him, Namestnikov no fault of his own has not.

People down grade Miller's importance and contributions to the NYR for reasons that are incomprehensible. Now that he's gone and free of the yoke hung around his neck by constantly being shifted from pillar to post every other game/shift, we will all see how effective he is. Meanwhile, the NYR received ONE NHL player from Tampa while giving up TWO regulars, one of whom was the Captain. Two ex NYR Captains now reside in Tampa and all five ex NYR players there are on their way to the SC playoffs with a good chance to win the cup. Go figure the logic of that trade. Oh, I forgot; there was none!

The only player needing defending up to this point is Namestnikov. I know it’s early but if anybody grossly benefited from playing with those guys it was him.

Miller put up 50 something points all the while being juggled throughout the lineup. People pound on him for going through what kids do. Namestnikov already 11 games in has been benched here If that was miller in Tampa everyone here would be blasting him. Namestnikov is the guy who needs to prove himself, not miller. Millers done it without all stars around him, Namestnikov no fault of his own has not.

in fairness namestnikov has barely been here and the team has mostly been stripped down by injuries and trades. Also lets not act like miller set the world on fire. He had good stretches but also pretty brutal ones as well.

How long are these Nash and Miller threads going to live on? These players don't play here anymore. What they did as a Ranger has been cemented. Anything that happens now is irrelevant. If Miller becomes a 80 point player it doesn't make the trade a bad trade. He wasn't that here. In this system. With this coach. With these players. Hopefully he plays well enough to help Tampa win the cup.

Where's the Grabner thread? I'd like to comment how great that trade is in hindsight.

How long are these Nash and Miller threads going to live on? These players don't play here anymore. What they did as a Ranger has been cemented. Anything that happens now is irrelevant. If Miller becomes a 80 point player it doesn't make the trade a bad trade. He wasn't that here. In this system. With this coach. With these players. Hopefully he plays well enough to help Tampa win the cup.

Where's the Grabner thread? I'd like to comment how great that trade is in hindsight.

agreed. I was a big fan of nash but im very happy with the haul we got , same with grabner. I admit i was never a huge miller fan but ive always said he has talent and wish all 3 luck. We should just focus on the picks and prospects we got back

Probably for eternity. Let's not forget, Nick Ra$h may be back next year, lol.

Probably for eternity. Let's not forget, Nick Ra$h may be back next year, lol.

A very small sample with a new team and new system and lesser players than even Miller played with. Please, let's give this at least a year before we judge this trade. Even then its going to be tough simply because the players that Tampa has are light years beyond what we have.

Not judging the trade just taking a look periodically of where it stands. Nobody even mentions Namestnikov demotion to the fourth line to ultimately just riding the bench last game. He’s been almost invisible since the first two games here. I’m not saying it’s judgement time on him but the rangers do need to decide this summer about a contract for him. Is there any concern that his play was largely due to playing with kuch and Stamkos.

Not judging the trade just taking a look periodically of where it stands. Nobody even mentions Namestnikov demotion to the fourth line to ultimately just riding the bench last game. He’s been almost invisible since the first two games here. I’m not saying it’s judgement time on him but the rangers do need to decide this summer about a contract for him. Is there any concern that his play was largely due to playing with kuch and Stamkos.

again its not like miller was lighting it up here. To be fair at the time if the trade miller was having a long bad stretch

Not judging the trade just taking a look periodically of where it stands. Nobody even mentions Namestnikov demotion to the fourth line to ultimately just riding the bench last game. He?s been almost invisible since the first two games here. I?m not saying it?s judgement time on him but the rangers do need to decide this summer about a contract for him. Is there any concern that his play was largely due to playing with kuch and Stamkos.
When is the last time the lightning lost a trade?

They knew what they had in Names, and what they were getting in Miller. For the Rangers, they didn't think Miller was a fit and that's fine. But those continuing to underrate Miller are just willfully ignorant, at this point.

It's a small sample size with Miller, but we have to be patient with Names? No. Names is playing with the same guys Miller played with and doing less. Miller is playing with the same guys Names played with and doing more.

Christ, just admit it already.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yup and the only point was and is if you’re reading miller fine but not for Namestnikov. It is not fair value so wait until the draft. Wait until somebody actually pays what a 24 year old that’s averaged 55 PTs for the past three years is worth. Look what the jabs want for galychenuk that is closer to what the rangers should get.l or at least ask. Namestnikov is a non descriptive vanilla player. Has ok skill ok speed ok shot ok everything. Nobody is missing him in Tampa besides his dog maybe.

Yup and the only point was and is if you?re reading miller fine but not for Namestnikov. It is not fair value so wait until the draft. Wait until somebody actually pays what a 24 year old that?s averaged 55 PTs for the past three years is worth. Look what the jabs want for galychenuk that is closer to what the rangers should get.l or at least ask. Namestnikov is a non descriptive vanilla player. Has ok skill ok speed ok shot ok everything. Nobody is missing him in Tampa besides his dog maybe.
Has either Yzerman or Gorton said the second part of the deal equated to Miller for Names?

I'm not sure that was the case, it's just group think adopted by the board...for all we know Miller got the extra conditional first...

Either way it's too early to judge anybody playing for this shitshow of a coach. I'd keep Names and hire someone the room responds to.

Has either Yzerman or Gorton said the second part of the deal equated to Miller for Names?

I'm not sure that was the case, it's just group think adopted by the board...for all we know Miller got the extra conditional first...

Either way it's too early to judge anybody playing for this shitshow of a coach. I'd keep Names and hire someone the room responds to.

I hate it when i agree with your points.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I shop Namestikov. Really think hes a biproduct of Stamkos. Miller is as well, but i think Miller is more capable of being moved to another line and atleast producing a little. I haven't noticed Namestikov for the last 3 or so games. Forgot he was on the team honestly.

But his blue eyes sparkle and shine in a Blueshirt.

I agree though, of all of our RFA?s, I shop Namestnikov and if he gets a second at the draft or can be packaged in a deal to move into the top 5, I do it and don?t look back.

For the record, I?d also be completely fine keeping him around until next year and hopefully playing for a new coach, but that means you?re going to be paying for the numbers he put up with Stamkos and Kucherov.

I’m not sure how you don’t figure they were basically traded for each other. If mcd was traded for a low first and two b prospects then that is a terrible haul for him. I have no problem with that with the conditional first attached but that leaves miller for Namestnikov. Miller gets you at least a second straight up easy. Brayden Schenn gets you two firsts. I will never understand miller being included in this deal. I’m fine with trading him but you have to get the value he’s worth. They did not and quite honestly with the kind of players they are targeting he fits that description to a tee.

I’m not trying to rehash the same argument. I posted their numbers since the trade. I do not think we should just ignore how these players do and say move on though. Gorton has a history of not getting value for his assets. Brassard is the only case in which he did. Hagelin and Talbot were awful returns. Stepan and Raanta not as much but not good either. I thought nash and grabner were fine but that was completely different circumstances. They had to be traded and they did ok. This trade will revisited years from now as either the beginning of the next generation or the beginning of the lights going out.

To me miller is the better player before the trade and now having seen Namestnikov play a dozen games here nothing has changed my opinion at all in fact I don’t particularly think Namestnikov brings much other than a warm body. Normally I’d say give him a camp and fresh season next year but the rangers are ina spot where they have to decide to pay him or not with little to go on other than his good play with two stars and his poor play here. If anything it made for a tougher decision. For all of millers warts and positives the rangers knew exactly the production they could expect from him here in the worst case scenario. Making that contract negotiation much easier to complete. Right now I have zero idea what to with Namestnikov. Probably deal him or sign him to a one year bridge. That’s not a great spot. If he performs well he kills you at the table next summer if he doesn’t you have zero to show for miller who regardless of your opinion had value.

I’m not sure how you don’t figure they were basically traded for each other. If mcd was traded for a low first and two b prospects then that is a terrible haul for him. I have no problem with that with the conditional first attached but that leaves miller for Namestnikov. Miller gets you at least a second straight up easy. Brayden Schenn gets you two firsts. I will never understand miller being included in this deal. I’m fine with trading him but you have to get the value he’s worth. They did not and quite honestly with the kind of players they are targeting he fits that description to a tee.

I’m not trying to rehash the same argument. I posted their numbers since the trade. I do not think we should just ignore how these players do and say move on though. Gorton has a history of not getting value for his assets. Brassard is the only case in which he did. Hagelin and Talbot were awful returns. Stepan and Raanta not as much but not good either. I thought nash and grabner were fine but that was completely different circumstances. They had to be traded and they did ok. This trade will revisited years from now as either the beginning of the next generation or the beginning of the lights going out.

To me miller is the better player before the trade and now having seen Namestnikov play a dozen games here nothing has changed my opinion at all in fact I don’t particularly think Namestnikov brings much other than a warm body. Normally I’d say give him a camp and fresh season next year but the rangers are ina spot where they have to decide to pay him or not with little to go on other than his good play with two stars and his poor play here. If anything it made for a tougher decision. For all of millers warts and positives the rangers knew exactly the production they could expect from him here in the worst case scenario. Making that contract negotiation much easier to complete. Right now I have zero idea what to with Namestnikov. Probably deal him or sign him to a one year bridge. That’s not a great spot. If he performs well he kills you at the table next summer if he doesn’t you have zero to show for miller who regardless of your opinion had value.

Lol how many JT Miller jerseys do you have?

I?m not sure how you don?t figure they were basically traded for each other. If mcd was traded for a low first and two b prospects then that is a terrible haul for him. I have no problem with that with the conditional first attached but that leaves miller for Namestnikov. Miller gets you at least a second straight up easy. Brayden Schenn gets you two firsts. I will never understand miller being included in this deal. I?m fine with trading him but you have to get the value he?s worth. They did not and quite honestly with the kind of players they are targeting he fits that description to a tee. .

This is all still speculation, is all I'm saying.

Archived