• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

J.T. Miller: Requiem for a Captain Who Never Was

ClearedForContact

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always been one of JT Miller's biggest proponents.

I agree completely with your entire post. After the trade I was really surprised JT left and Krieds is still around. I don't post much as my knowledge is so weak and just figured I wasn't seeing what his problems were. Ya there were some boneheaded times but not enough for me to give up on him. I'm down on Krieder, feel like he's peaked and what you see is what you get with him. JT had more upside to see.

I do like Namestnikov though and he is more versatile at center. Just wish we could have pulled him back and kept JT then switched the coach next year. But I guess JT had two coach chances, Torts was his first right?

Kreider is a one dimensional player. He's Grabner with more willingness to go to the net and less defensive prowess. He'll creep at some 30 goal years, but unless someone brings back the snarl...

Miller is a more complete player than Krieder already, and they will likely put up the same amount of points in the next few years. CK more goals, JT more apples.

Kreider is a one dimensional player. He's Grabner with more willingness to go to the net and less defensive prowess. He'll creep at some 30 goal years, but unless someone brings back the snarl...

Miller is a more complete player than Krieder already, and they will likely put up the same amount of points in the next few years. CK more goals, JT more apples.

Agreed, but as far as a team’s needs are concerned either one of them could be very useful, or expendable. Kreider has the 1 thing you can’t teach, size.

i see kreider as a more valuable player than Miller,he would demand more of a return than Miller,if the rangers had traded Kreider to Tampa for Namestnikov(hope i spelled his name right)the ranger fan base would go fuckin nuts.

i see kreider as a more valuable player than Miller,he would demand more of a return than Miller,if the rangers had traded Kreider to Tampa for Namestnikov(hope i spelled his name right)the ranger fan base would go fuckin nuts.

There's really no evidence at all the the trade was split Miller for Names, McD for everything else. That's just board speculation and group think. For all we know Miller got the extra/conditional first or a higher caliber prospect + Names. There's really no way to know.

There's really no evidence at all the the trade was split Miller for Names, McD for everything else. That's just board speculation and group think. For all we know Miller got the extra/conditional first or a higher caliber prospect + Names. There's really no way to know.

I don’t even know why that’s important. When you look at all of the components in the trade, it was a good deal for both sides.

Disagree

Fair enough. No trade made is ever going to labeled one way by all because of either over or undervaluing players involved, or how one views the value of draft picks. Even more so when a fan of either team involved is assessing it.

Kreider much more valuable although he's more hype that production up to this point in his career. I think his ceiling is much higher but he's running out of time to step way up imo. Now or never after this shakeup.

I doubt Miller watches AV interviews. He's too busy at a point per game pace on TB 2nd line.

Not that I doubt Millers capabilities but he?s playing with much better players there. Personally, I didn?t want him traded. But there was definitely something up with his play and attitude. I saw giving up on plays and coasting numerous times. It was just odd to say the least. Idk if he was sick of playing here, for AV or what. But he just wasn?t the same guy this season.

Either way the Rangers seem to have gotten a good player in Namestnikov who?s playing with plenty of energy right now.

There?s not much sense in arguing Miller?s value anymore. He gone.

Oh my god. Who fucking cares about Miller? Let’s look forward not back.

Just pointing out something, possibly linked to the scoop about Millers locker room issues. IMO its an interesting topic. I wanted Miller to succeed here. Any insight into why it didn't work here is interesting to me and probably others. Sorry if this bothered you. Not much else being discussed.

Archived