• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

J.T. Miller: Requiem for a Captain Who Never Was

ClearedForContact

I always felt Miller was a bit overrated by the fanbase. I agree he had talent but I never thought he was mindblowing. He also had a tendency to turn the puck over at the worst possible spot in the worst possible time. Yes he is off to a good start in tampa BUT that team is stacked so most players would probably benefit from that

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This sums it up for me too. I could (most of us could) see the potential in JT but for some reason known only to him, he just could not rise to the challenge 100%. He'll have a NHL career -- something I'd wish that I could have had -- but he will go down as yet another in a long line of guys who simply played the game. HUGE opportunity missed IMO.

maybe Tampa's J.T.Brown might be rememberd that way or Josh Jooris, or countless other NHL cuppa coffees, but Miller was a #1 pick who scored .5 pts a game on a sad team headed downward. Now he has a chance to play on a potential contender.

While his work ethic and attitude have seemed questionable, he has the opportunity to turn the blemishes on his reputation around and make some kind of impact before his career is over.

It's not always the Rick Nash's that go down in history, but sometimes the Brian Noonans and Stephan Matteaus.

Miller sacrificed some college and worked hard to get to the NHL level, so I was disappointed in him maybe not living up to the ethos "be the change you want to see."

That was the kind of leadership the team needed, but he disappeared when the team disappeared, whereas a Zuccarello ... he doesn't quit.

Hey now, as a one year graduate of the OHL he has one free year of an accredited Canadian University of his choosing waiting for him on the other side.

Lol, that’s why I pray my kid gets drafted next year. Free is for me. Phase 2, last pick, fuck it.

How many goals does JT score against us tonight? 2 or the hat trick?

i forgot he was even playing for tampa lol. Buts thats kinda been his history. Have a few good games where he gets hyped up then disappear for awhile except for a turnover in our zone of course lol

i forgot he was even playing for tampa lol. Buts thats kinda been his history. Have a few good games where he gets hyped up then disappear for awhile except for a turnover in our zone of course lol

This is just senseless bashing. What's that even mean? "I forgot he played for Tampa." Please, stop, no you didn't. He's a point per game player since the trade, if you needed a reminder.

Again, the need to just run a player through the ringer after a trade, for no reason, is mind blowing. You're literally talking (false) shit for the sake of talking shit. What's the point?

This is just senseless bashing. What's that even mean? "I forgot he played for Tampa." Please, stop, no you didn't. He's a point per game player since the trade, if you needed a reminder.

Again, the need to just run a player through the ringer after a trade, for no reason, is mind blowing. You're literally talking (false) shit for the sake of talking shit. What's the point?

Jesus Christ it was just a little joke relax. Ive never questioned jt millers talent i just was never a big fan and felt he was a bit overhyped. I know you have always been a bigtime fan of his which is totally cool.

Jesus Christ it was just a little joke relax. Ive never questioned jt millers talent i just was never a big fan and felt he was a bit overhyped. I know you have always been a bigtime fan of his which is totally cool.

Please stop this, too. You did it to Fatty in another thread, I'll tell you right now don't do it to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Just posting the stats since the trade. Read into them what you want. Some said good riddance some said it was a mistake. Nothing has been proven either way it’s to early. It’s pretty much agreeable that miller for Namestnikov was the swap and reason for miller being included. Miller did play with lesser players here yet put up team leading numbers. Namestnikov played where miller resides now with two world class players and put up good numbers. My argument was and always will be that miller is the much better player. Time will tell but the only advantage at this point the rangers gained is not having to pay for millers next contract as he finds that next level that so many were quick to say he couldn’t reach. At 24 he may still be a year or two away but the rangers gave up on exactly the type of young talent they are desperate to build around.

On the plus side I don't have to watch him make 8 moves in the NZ, turn it over on the 8th pointless move, then change as they go the other way and score, anymore.
So you haven't watched a game in 3 years? That explains alot....

Archived