• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

J.T. Miller: Requiem for a Captain Who Never Was

ClearedForContact

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who even brought up Kreider ?? And why? He has zero do to with any of this discussion

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

A valid question. You could have just scrolled back and looked, but I'll do the work for you. :)

Long Live the King and I were having a spirited debate regarding Miller and Names, at which point we get this rando comment from the peanut gallery:

i dont think anybody questions millers talent BUT i just dont buy that its all AVs fault that miller didnt work out here. Dont get me wrong AV has made many errors including some ways he handled JT but at the same time JT also made a lot of errors. Now i admit i was never a huge fan of JT but i liked his talent and would of had no problem if he stayed as part of the future. My only gripe is not against him but of certain people who get upset if anybody critiques the kid or just blames AV. Not saying its you doing it but ive seen a few

The bold is clearly was directed at me, and shame on me for taking the bait. I should have just kept this person on ignore.

But alas, I took my own shot with this post:

Yea, I'm not sure how anyone can say he wasn't working here, or didn't work out. Good players get traded all the time.

It's a classic case of if people didn't like the player, they never will. What's comical to me are the people who rag Miller praise Kreider, and Miller is already a more complete player than Krieder is.

Now, I'm not going to continue to debate if CK is more well rounded than JTM, you have your opinion and I have mine. But you jumped in to defend CK, as you usually do ;), and then we had varying levels of nonsensical posts from folks who were trolling (I'm guilty as well), or are just confused (turnovers = bad defensive play...Yandle and Ekblad are both in the top 10 in turnovers, yet they are leaders on their team in both PK TOI and DZS%...So methinks their coach values them as defensive players).

Now that said, I'll just leave this at when it comes to JTM vs CK20, it's pick your poison. They are both getting you the 55ish points, they will both be unproductive for chunks of games, but while Kreider disappears from games entirely, Miller will try to do too much and over-handle the puck and/or turn it over.

That's my $.02.

A valid question. You could have just scrolled back and looked, but I'll do the work for you. :)

Long Live the King and I were having a spirited debate regarding Miller and Names, at which point we get this rando comment from the peanut gallery:

The bold is clearly was directed at me, and shame on me for taking the bait. I should have just kept this person on ignore.

But alas, I took my own shot with this post:

Now, I'm not going to continue to debate if CK is more well rounded than JTM, you have your opinion and I have mine. But you jumped in to defend CK, as you usually do ;), and then we had varying levels of nonsensical posts from folks who were trolling (I'm guilty as well), or are just confused (turnovers = bad defensive play...Yandle and Ekblad are both in the top 10 in turnovers, yet they are leaders on their team in both PK TOI and DZS%...So methinks their coach values them as defensive players).

Now that said, I'll just leave this at when it comes to JTM vs CK20, it's pick your poison. They are both getting you the 55ish points, they will both be unproductive for chunks of games, but while Kreider disappears from games entirely, Miller will try to do too much and over-handle the puck and/or turn it over.

That's my $.02.

Funny how Yandle has turned in to a solid top pair D-man with a lot of Dzone starts and PK time, but AV ment he only could play on the PP and sheltered minutes. Went from 33% dzone starts with the Rangers to 57.8% with Florida.

The really funny part? He has more points and better +/- in Florida.

EDIT: That was awfully off topic, but this entire thread is a mess, so I guess its fine

I wasn?t dissing zucc. My point was that he?s loved and his production wasn?t much different from miller who played far less, less pp time and less time with the rangers top forwards. Zucc is not a great defensive player but yes he hustles and back checks. He?s not a bad defensive player either just nothing special. This team turns the puck over in droves, miller was a part of that. However the whole team has a problem. Hard to figure why it?s held against miller but with everybody else it?s the system or the coach. I?m not saying it?s not a problem part of his game. What I?m saying is that as a whole he?s not much different then the entire team as far as being careless with the puck. Thing is he outscored most everybody in this team and did it at 23.

Who even brought up Kreider ?? And why? He has zero do to with any of this discussion

My thoughts exactly. I just saw the questions you posed asking what JT Miller was better at than Kreider, which were all valid questions, and it went without a response from the people "objectively" saying Miller is a more complete player than Kreider. Then it continued to go without any answers, since they didn't have any.

Zero substance

Talk about zero substance...

Lol how many JT Miller jerseys do you have?

It's pretty obvious that you ignore responses just because they don't fit your narrative, not because that they don't answer questions that have been asked. Pete has had a response for everything thrown at him in this thread, they just don't agree with your opinion (which is fine) but pot shots similar to the ones above, will get you no where fast.

J.T. miller put up 20 plus goals and 50 plus points here with this without hall of fame anything around him. He did it all the while being moved from position to position, line to line, even in av?s doghouse. I will not defend his defensive play. But the guy put up numbers here at 22 and 23 years of age. By no means is he a finished product either is Namestnikov. They are both still kids. The difference here is that Namestnikov has never done shit without those Hall of famers on his line. It doesn?t mean he won?t but he has more to prove than miller. Thus far his play has only raised more questions while miller is benefiting in his new situation. All the while many here pretend miller was shit here and didn?t produce. Yet they love Mza whose numbers at 30 mirror miller at 23. And no mza is not a good defensive player either.

Why do people think millers career is already defined? I don?t get it. And what?s more if he goes on to play great it will only be because of what?s around him. Convenient. Fact is he showed major potential here and while never reaching it, he was still what top 3 in production amount forwards.

In 2015/2016 Names had 14 goals and 35 points in 14 minutes a night compared to Miller's 22 goals and 43 points in 15 minutes. Pretty unfair to Names to say his 8 less points isn't doing shit.

Yea, I'm not sure how anyone can say he wasn't working here, or didn't work out. Good players get traded all the time.

It's a classic case of if people didn't like the player, they never will. What's comical to me are the people who rag Miller praise Kreider, and Miller is already a more complete player than Krieder is.

You’ve mentioned many times how great miller is because of his performance since leaving the Rangers.

Offensively Kreider has matched him on a much lesser team.

But do tell what aspects make Miller. More complete player.

Physical ?

Defensive awareness ?

Character ?

Turnovers ?

Just list them out

I haven't called Miller a "great" player even one time.

There were answers, you just didn't like them, so you ignored them.

Yeah, that single line is certainly a comprehensive answer to why Miller is a more complete player.

Talk about zero substance...

It's pretty obvious that you ignore responses just because they don't fit your narrative, not because that they don't answer questions that have been asked. Pete has had a response for everything thrown at him in this thread, they just don't agree with your opinion (which is fine) but pot shots similar to the ones above, will get you no where fast.

That was clearly a joke...since this thread is getting bumped every time Miller scores a goal for his new team.

There are pot shots galore in this thread. Pete has made several in his last few posts.

Archived