• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

I love yoga. Really loosens up the body and helps me relax. Plus... women in tight clothes bending. It's great.

The whole point is that you're supposed to be in the moment and relax, as hard as that may be. It's part spiritual in that sense. It's hard to do and it's not for everyone.

Think of it like going to church. Some people like doing it, believe it or not.

I love yoga. Really loosens up the body and helps me relax. Plus... women in tight clothes bending. It's great.

The whole point is that you're supposed to be in the moment and relax, as hard as that may be. It's part spiritual in that sense. It's hard to do and it's not for everyone.

Think of it like going to church. Some people like doing it, believe it or not.

I gotta try it I guess, just don't want to spend $$ on a program just to try it

We had an unannounced guest at the house for three hours tonight. Grace is getting a USADA unannounced drug test and couldn't immediately pee. So, they wait, and wait, and wait and don't let their eye off you for hours until you can. She just finally went. Hooray.
  • Like 1

Do people apply for that job or are they asked to do that after working in some other capacity with the USADA

I asked the same thing. Apparently you can apply for it and most people are referred by current employees. I mean, you get paid to sit around and wait until athletes have to pee and then you have to watch them pee and check if their urine isn't too diluted.

I thought they knocked you out when they do bone marrow donations. I've heard it's supposed to be a very painful process.

I had a biopsy/aspiration done yesterday and then only numbed it locally, and it wasn't too bad. It killed for like 10 seconds but if the pain amount is the same for donations I'd be willing to do it

The Twitter argument between Sean Avery, Rich Clune and Riddick Bowe is pretty entertaining if people are bored. I had no idea who Riddick Bowe is, but apparently he's a self proclaimed legend. Guy seems childish.

Avery just being Avery, chirping junk he would never be able to backup.

Can't believe Bowe took the bait on that.

A strong first day for Team USA at the World Championships of rowing in Amsterdam today. Most athletes and boats are through to the next round. Grace's boat won their heat this morning and get to race the semi final on Thursday.

Woke up to an email from Dropbox with this line in it:

"We're giving you 10x the space — for the same price. You'll have 1 TB of space for your photos, videos, docs, and any other files you want to keep safe in Dropbox."

:thumbs:

I guess they're responding to the competitive nature of the Cloud Storage business these days, with Microsoft and Google competing for the same dollars. Either way, I'm not complaining! Finally gives me a reason to back up my entire music library!

YEEEES! Grace and the USA women's quadruple sculls boat have qualified for the World Championship Final this Saturday. They lost their semi only to China (but top three advances) and Germany were top of the other semi race, but the USA had the third fastest time out of a dozen boats and have every chance to take home a medal.

I am five years older now though and Saturday already freaks me out.

YEEEES! Grace and the USA women's quadruple sculls boat have qualified for the World Championship Final this Saturday. They lost their semi only to China (but top three advances) and Germany were top of the other semi race, but the USA had the third fastest time out of a dozen boats and have every chance to take home a medal.

I am five years older now though and Saturday already freaks me out.

Congrats. Where are they being held.