• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

My laptop is sorta dying too. Thing cant hold a charge and crashes a lot. I already decided years ago I'm getting a tablet to replace it.

I'm debating between a laptop and a desktop. I mean, I feel like desktops are ancient now. My macbookpro is taking a shit on me and I have a tablet, so I'm leaning towards a desktop.

Took me almost a month, but I finally found myself a new job after being laid off by the bank!

Start on July 7th, can't wait. Working 5 minutes from home in a warehouse, full-time. More money than the bank as well. My relationship is going well also, hope this streak of good things keeps up for me for a change.

Congrats John!

• Like 1

The only reason for a desktop anymore is if you need a workstation or you game. Otherwise laptops do everything an go with you too.

True, just not sure what is the most reliable brand. I keep hearing HP isn't as good as they used to be. So now, I need recommendations on one.

Apple. I recently made the switch and I am really happy I did. My MacBook Air does everything and averages 9 hours of battery. Love it.

I'm debating getting one (maybe refurbished) when I visit the US in August... but I just can't decide if I want to spend 1k. My current laptop still works, but it had no battery life anymore, isn't very portable and gets super hot. Ahh decisions.

I'm debating getting one (maybe refurbished) when I visit the US in August... but I just can't decide if I want to spend 1k. My current laptop still works, but it had no battery life anymore, isn't very portable and gets super hot. Ahh decisions.

The 13" MacBook Air is like 899 right now. A lot cheaper than when I bought it last January lol.

I have a Nexus tablet that I thoroughly enjoy, but I need something with a keyboard. The Nexus is convenient on a plane or traveling but if I'm at home I prefer a laptop. I also enjoy Mavericks much more than Windows 7 or 8 which I use at work. The only problem I've had with this is I spilled a little beer on the trackpad and had to replace it myself. Took maybe 20 minutes and the cost was minimal via eBay. I know the Air isn't modifiable or fixable by anyone except Apple since it's essentially all fused together, but I don't need the power of the MBP.

I saw Apple's current financing deals and think I may jump on it. Don't know if I should get an iMac or a new MBP.