• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Oh, I'm already done now. I just had to bullshit the final 250 words by sticking arguments in here and there. It's a 3,500 word paper.

Yeah, I chose the topic for the most part, but it evolved into more of a focus on investing in Broadway shows and how the industry is actually unprofitable.

You can't put a dollar value on art like that though

Eh, you can when you find out most shows end up with little to no revenue. I mean you'll have shows that can survive without matching weekly production costs, but not all shows can sell out as much or overprice tickets in order to stay afloat.

Eh, you can when you find out most shows end up with little to no revenue. I mean you'll have shows that can survive without matching weekly production costs, but not all shows can sell out as much or overprice tickets in order to stay afloat.

On a micro level that might be true but on a macro level more shows = more revenue for the city as a whole. They're are definitely incentives for some of these shows that aren't doing as well to keep their doors open.

On a micro level that might be true but on a macro level more shows = more revenue for the city as a whole. They're are definitely incentives for some of these shows that aren't doing as well to keep their doors open.

Sometimes it's just staying open long enough in order to at least make up for the initial production costs.

Getting ready for my weekend trip and I have the Boomer and Carton show on in the background just to listen to something interesting. WOW does CBS Sports NY ruin this show. I get they can't get the commercials in but they literally show a minute, 5 minutes of commercials, 2 minutes of the show, 8 minutes of commercials. Very annoying.