• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Jules, this was in a book I'm reading, any truth to it?

"He laughed, but in the way people do who want to prove they get the joke. The Dutch do this a lot. They appear to live in terror of being mistaken for Germans, and to compensate by finding a funny side to life where non exists. Tell a Dutchman your dog just die, and he will pretend you have just made some impossibly witty remark."

Yoga pants :drool:

Ran into Jeremy Roenick at starbucks this morning. Really nice dude, even asked these tourists if they wanted him to take their picture. Nobody knew who the hell he was...

NHL players are always in the area with the NHL headquarters being right there at 48th and 6th. Remember during the lockout how many we used to see at lunch hour? Used to walk past Zipay, Dreger, Kypreos, etc. as well, all posted outside the offices. I remember seeing Aaron Ward and remembering how fuckin' big he still is.

Jules, this was in a book I'm reading, any truth to it?

"He laughed, but in the way people do who want to prove they get the joke. The Dutch do this a lot. They appear to live in terror of being mistaken for Germans, and to compensate by finding a funny side to life where non exists. Tell a Dutchman your dog just die, and he will pretend you have just made some impossibly witty remark."

LOL. Yeah. Pretty much. Not sure it's just fear of being mistaken for Germans, but more fear in general of not knowing how to respond in other people's etiquette, so you make a "might as well laugh about it" kind of gesture.

• Like 1

Welp. Hockey season is over again for my college. Oswego lost 2-1 against Wisconsin in the NCAA DIII Frozen Four Semi Final. It was the fifth consecutive NCAA Frozen Four berth, and the last two we had lost in the title game. This was a team that wasn't supposed to be here because we lost a dream team of 14 seniors. This freshman squad was very solid, and they are going to be a real powerhouse over the next few years. I wouldn't be surprised if they win a National Championship or two in the next three years. Makes me sad that I am graduating, because I am going to miss going to college hockey games as a student.

Welp. Hockey season is over again for my college. Oswego lost 2-1 against Wisconsin in the NCAA DIII Frozen Four Semi Final. It was the fifth consecutive NCAA Frozen Four berth, and the last two we had lost in the title game. This was a team that wasn't supposed to be here because we lost a dream team of 14 seniors. This freshman squad was very solid, and they are going to be a real powerhouse over the next few years. I wouldn't be surprised if they win a National Championship or two in the next three years. Makes me sad that I am graduating, because I am going to miss going to college hockey games as a student.

Which Wisconsin program was that?

Plattsburgh choked the end of the season to Oswego. 19-3-2 until their last 2 games vs. Oswego, lost both.

However, Plattsburgh ladies won the D-3 NCAA Tourney

Yup. Keeping an eye on twitter for another tweet from Aaron Paul telling people to meet him at some bar.

If anyone gives a shit the movie was filmed equidistant from where they filmed parts of Silence of the Lambs and also where they filmed the jailbreak fight scene in Dark Knight Rises