• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

I am super proud that Grace has been named to the USA rowing crew for the upcoming World Championships next month in Amsterdam. She will competing in the quadruple sculls (four people, two oars per person, no coxswain), which is an Olympic class boat. Unfortunately, because the USCIS doesn't do things on a days notice (or a month's, really), I can't be there to see it, but this is so so awesome and I'm happy to see her hard work pay off.

Jules, that's amazing! :thumbs:

Man, what an honor. Congratulations to the Mrs. :D

Jules, that's amazing! :thumbs:

Man, what an honor. Congratulations to the Mrs. :D

It's another huge step. The difference between where her career was last year and where it is now is night and day. It's really exciting to see this happen and to know what could follow if she keeps it up. They are an outsider for the world title, with the German quad truly dominating this boat class for years now, but a medal should be within the realm of possibilities.

Outside the Saratoga City Center getting ready for the NY Bar Exam. First of three I'm going to be taking over the next few days. Part of me is just excited to get it over with, but the rest of me feels like it's going to vomit.

Good luck!!!

Good luck!!!

You got this buddy. Use the force and all shall go well.

Good luck. That is huge

Thanks guys. I've been off the reservation for the past week, so I didn't see the well-wishing until now (no phones allowed once inside the testing center). Initial impressions:

-New York: good enough...maybe

-Multistate: same

-New Jersey: easy as all hell

Of course now all of us are in what is known as "lawyer limbo," where nobody wants to hire you until you're admitted, but you won't know if you're admitted until mid-November. Crazy to think that by the time I find out we'll be close to two months in to the season already!! Summer goes a lot quicker when you're playing up until a few days before the draft.

Had an overnight stopover in Ithaca, NY from a family event out in western NY. Sadly stumbled across Stanley Cup championship paraphernalia from Dustin Brown in a few places. :thumbsdown:

I guess he was back home in July with the Cup :curse:

Did you piss on it?

Autographed shit was all behind glass. I still repped my a Rangers shirt this morning before leaving town.

Oh......

Did a little research, the frozen yogurt shop we randomly stopped in at is owned by Brown's wife's brother. I will not post of pic I found online of him in the place with Cup eating the frozen yogurt out if it. :palm:

LOL

Just signed a deal with the devil (Comcast).

So annoyed they dont have self-service installation. I already have my own modem. I dont need to pay $35 extra for some dude to hook it up into the wall and type in the code. I can do that myself for free.

Yuck, why? No alternative in your area? FiOS?

I actually have two friends doing DDP Yoga. PodcastOne.com is home to podcasts for Chris Jericho, Bill Goldberg, Jim Ross and Steve Austin, all of whom use it and also have discounts through their podcast. I think it's 30% off?

http://ddpyoga.com/the-steve-austin-show.html

That guy Arthur Lost, who made that video showing his 140-pound transformation, actually did it using DDP Yoga.

I've never used it personally, so I can't vouch one way or another, but it seems legit.

I actually have two friends doing DDP Yoga. PodcastOne.com is home to podcasts for Chris Jericho, Bill Goldberg, Jim Ross and Steve Austin, all of whom use it and also have discounts through their podcast. I think it's 30% off?

http://ddpyoga.com/the-steve-austin-show.html

That guy Arthur Lost, who made that video showing his 140-pound transformation, actually did it using DDP Yoga.

I've never used it personally, so I can't vouch one way or another, but it seems legit.

I saw DDP Yoga on Shark Tank

Well, how do you like it? I guess you do like it because you do it, but is it something you find more enjoyable than other work outs?

Eh...To be honest, the only workout I like is hockey. I don't mind lifting weights but I don't like cardio. I do it because I know I have to. I guess I'd file yoga under "I don't mind it", but go to a beginner's class that moves slow. The poses are hard to get right. It also seems like you're there forever. I watch the clock the whole time.

Eh...To be honest, the only workout I like is hockey. I don't mind lifting weights but I don't like cardio. I do it because I know I have to. I guess I'd file yoga under "I don't mind it", but go to a beginner's class that moves slow. The poses are hard to get right. It also seems like you're there forever. I watch the clock the whole time.

Hmm gotcha, I thought it'd be a good stress reliever as well but that whole watching the clock thing might not help with the ADD I also have lol