• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

You try our for 10 or get offered the part? I tried out for 3 and a senior actor got it.

I too auditioned for 3. I was content enough with 10. His outburst was pretty fun to do, but poorly acted by me in retrospect.

I do more comedy though and like roles that I can make use of my voice acting and impressions.

7 was a lot of fun. I too enjoy the Williamsesque comedy style of voices and multiple characters.

100% who I base a lot of my acting on. He and Kevin Spacey are the two actors I tray to encapsulate in all of my acting. I respect an actors ability to easily transition from comedy to drama as well as the ability be a proficient impressionist.

Good choices. I'd throw Tom Hanks in there too in terms of shifting style on genre.

Definitely. I also respect the amount of effort and research he puts into his roles. As someone who practices method acting, you've got to respect people who really put the time in so they can really develop and make their character connected.

Definitely. I also respect the amount of effort and research he puts into his roles. As someone who practices method acting, you've got to respect people who really put the time in so they can really develop and make their character connected.

It is fascinating how people transform themselves even when cameras aren't rolling and literally become that person.

It is fascinating how people transform themselves even when cameras aren't rolling and literally become that person.

Yeah. Some people take it overboard like Shia LaBeouf or Daniel Day-Lewis. I don't necessarily agree with some people who feel the need to be in character 100% of the time. It's "immersive", but also in many ways unnecessary. A good warm up time of 45 minutes to an hour before performing or shooting is enough time to get into proper character and warm up. Then again, that's just how I'm taught. The Strasberg teaching of the method acting doesn't include the whole really really become the character that some actors do.

Yeah. Some people take it overboard like Shia LaBeouf or Daniel Day-Lewis. I don't necessarily agree with some people who feel the need to be in character 100% of the time. It's "immersive", but also in many ways unnecessary. A good warm up time of 45 minutes to an hour before performing or shooting is enough time to get into proper character and warm up. Then again, that's just how I'm taught. The Strasberg teaching of the method acting doesn't include the whole really really become the character that some actors do.

Yep. Just like with everything else there are pros and cons.

I saw a fellow board member crossing 34th street at 7th avenue tonight. Thought about saying something but then I realized how freaking creepy it was that I recognized someone from here.

Really, why? I'd say hello to anyone I recognized.

When it f'n rain it f'n pours!!!! Last Friday I was prepping for my trip to Disney. My car stalled and had it towed to my house. Today I was finally able to get it towed to the shop and they said my car needs a new transmission. My car is a 2007 Honda with 34,000 Miles yes THIRTY FOUR THOUSAND MILES! So as you can tell I don't drive that much. I find it absurd that my car needs a new tranny with that little mileage. My wifes Honda has 130,000 and no issues. Disney trip overall was a fortune, now this transmission will be between $4000-$5000 which equals emptied bank account. FUCKING KILL ME NOW!

When it f'n rain it f'n pours!!!! Last Friday I was prepping for my trip to Disney. My car stalled and had it towed to my house. Today I was finally able to get it towed to the shop and they said my car needs a new transmission. My car is a 2007 Honda with 34,000 Miles yes THIRTY FOUR THOUSAND MILES! So as you can tell I don't drive that much. I find it absurd that my car needs a new tranny with that little mileage. My wifes Honda has 130,000 and no issues. Disney trip overall was a fortune, now this transmission will be between $4000-$5000 which equals emptied bank account. FUCKING KILL ME NOW!

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Unless your fluid somehow completely leaked out I don't see how that would be possible. What were the circumstances surrounding the stall out? Is it auto or manual?

EDIT: Check out the recall here: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2007/honda/accord/recalls/?__federated=1

Summary:

HONDA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2005-2010 ACCORD, 2007-2010 CR-V, AND 2005-2008 ELEMENT PASSENGER CARS MANUFACTURED FROM JULY 1, 2004, THROUGH SEPTEMBER 3, 2010. THE OUTER RACE OF THE SECONDARY SHAFT BEARING MAY BE BROKEN DURING CERTAIN DRIVING STYLES. A BROKEN OUTER RACE MAY CAUSE ABNORMAL NOISE, THE MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT TO TURN ON, AND ALLOW CONTACT BETWEEN THE TRANSMISSION IDLE GEAR AND AN ELECTRONIC SENSOR HOUSING WITHIN THE TRANSMISSION.

Consequences:

THIS COULD RESULT IN A SHORT CIRCUIT CAUSING THE ENGINE TO STALL. ADDITIONALLY, BROKEN PIECES OF THE OUTER RACE OR BALL BEARING FROM THE SECONDARY SHAFT MAY BECOME LODGED IN THE PARKING PAWL RESULTING IN THE VEHICLE ROLLING AFTER THE DRIVER HAS PLACED THE GEAR SELECTOR IN THE PARK POSITION. ENGINE STALL AND UNEXPECTED VEHICLE MOVEMENT INCREASES THE RISK OF A CRASH OR PERSONAL INJURY TO PERSONS WITHIN THE PATH OF A ROLLING VEHICLE.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2007/honda/accord/recalls/#ixzz3Dc6PhbTl

I would make sure that module was fixed before replacing your tranny, if you own one of those vehicles.