• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

8 Early Trade Deadline Targets for Rangers

RichieNextel305

LaGreca saying on the Kay show just know he thinks they may be done?  Actually said "I personally think they're done"

Frightening if that's the case to not address the RW hole. No way I can see them standing pat.

He's gotta be wrong 🤞

Edited by Scott

43 minutes ago, Scott said:

LaGreca saying on the Kay show just know he thinks they may be done?  Actually said "I personally think they're done"

Frightening if that's the case to not address the RW hole. No way I can see them standing pat.

He's gotta be wrong 🤞

Could be prices are too high. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Could be prices are too high. 

F'n ride it. I like it. Bring Othmann up and let's grow this team. I would really like it if they did not mortgage the farm. This team has been rolling in first place through out the year, there is no need to chase the name. 

46 minutes ago, Scott said:

He's gotta be wrong 🤞

too many players available that can slide in our lineup and move up and down our lineup that wont cost much available for them to be done... Duclair/Kunin/Roslovic etc. nothing special but all are better than Edstrom/Brodzinski

• Believe 1

I’ve been a proponent of roslovic all along. 1st + Kak or 1st + Othmann or Perrault seems like an awful lot for a rental like Guentzel. I’d rather give up less and grab roslovic too.

10 minutes ago, Winter said:

too many players available that can slide in our lineup and move up and down our lineup that wont cost much available for them to be done... Duclair/Kunin/Roslovic etc. nothing special but all are better than Edstrom/Brodzinski

That's the one. The speed to play with Kreids and hopefully wake him up. Some finishing touch. This should be pursued; forget Guentzel.

14 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

That's the one. The speed to play with Kreids and hopefully wake him up. Some finishing touch. This should be pursued; forget Guentzel.

Except that he kinda stinks at like... everything else. My guess is he's like their Plan C (or D).

1 hour ago, Scott said:

He's gotta be wrong 🤞

Eklund says they’re not.

E5.

Take that to the bank. 

• LMFAO 1

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Except that he kinda stinks at like... everything else. My guess is he's like their Plan C (or D).

He's a zone entry machine. He backs defenders up. If he brings that element to that line, it could have a cascade effect on Mika and therefore Kreider ... Problem is if he doesn't fit there, he's essentially useless. 

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

That's the thing, I can't see them shooting that low. Being conservative and holding onto guys who may or may not be really good (or picks which are a total crap shoot) in 3-4 years means they're letting years burn off this core. If you're going to do that sell off to really load up on more of those may or may not be something special guys in  a number of years down the road. If that's the deal burn it down and start over which would require patience that this org has never shown (nor should they imo). It's like being half in and half out. 

If the proverbial window is open then you go for it imo. 

If the Rangers do not upgrade their hole at RW on the Zibanejad line, I really don’t think they have what it takes to get through a playoff that can potentially feature 7-game series against Carolina/Florida/West Champ. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but as constructed, I wouldn’t love our chances, I’m not too going to lie.

Just now, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I wanted Guentzel, or at least allowed myself to get my hopes up. I still think we’re a better team than Carolina is and can win a 7 game series. 

we definitely need to make the ECF this year at a bare minimum though. 

we’ll see how tomorrow goes but I’m still confident in this group 

We have tons of weapons, no doubt. A lot of this boils down to what Panarin looks like come playoff time, whether or not Mika can turn back into a goal scoring threat, whether the PP can get back on track. We are for sure in the conversation. But, man. Guentzel going to Carolina is a fucking game changer. That is the perfect, unassuming star player that fits in there and is just a killer in the playoffs. For a team that has had issues finishing come playoff time, this is the guy who can push them.

This has more to do with what’s around us and less to do with what’s here. I like us. But the teams I measure us against have definitely taken leaps. One is behind us, one in front. (Giggity)

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They're not going to sit in their hands. The got Wennberg with retention for the sole purpose of having cap space for a RW or 2. 

I know. And the prices are wild.

I just don’t know where to go here. Verbeek is probably licking his chops. St. Louis can be appealing with Buchnevich, and I have to imagine Drury at least makes the call. But it was reported that it wasn’t something he was looking at.

Duclair is so hit-or-miss. And if it’s a miss, like Pete said in another thread, you’re talking about a potential healthy scratch come playoffs. Because he would have zero role.

I just don’t know the options.

39 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Duclair is so hit-or-miss. And if it’s a miss, like Pete said in another thread, you’re talking about a potential healthy scratch come playoffs. Because he would have zero role.

I just don’t know the options.

And Im thinking..  So what? That's why I'm saying get multiple pieces. If Duclair doesn't work in one series,  someone else might.  Get 2 RWs. Get another center. Injuries are bound to happen. Get depth. 

If Duclair is the healthy scratch and Zucker or Eberle are playing with Zibanejad.  Who cares. Use that cap space. Max it out. All of it.

ADA as the 7th or 8th D? Awesome.  Roslovic as 4C because Wennberg is 3C? Goodrow to 4 RW and Brodzinski as a healthy scratch?  So. What. Have the options. 

You lose anyone in this lineup and you will need a legitimate fall back plan. 

Especially D. Mackey as the insurance policy is a scary. 

Edited by The Dude

3 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I'd rather put Vesey or Kappo there, at least they play 200 feet.

They don't need a 200-foot player there. They need a three-foot one. As in one who'll play three feet from the net and take the puck there regularly. Zib needs someone to drag his ass into the fight. Get off the fucking wall.

• Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

They don't need a 200-foot player there. They need a three-foot one. As in one who'll play three feet from the net and take the puck there regularly. Zib needs someone to drag his ass into the fight. Get off the fucking wall.

I hear Michael Bunting may be available 🤩

• LOL 1

Emily Kaplan just basically said she wouldn’t be surprised to see the Rangers pivot to any of the available wingers. Literally listed them all. Specifically brought up Vatrano, and how that may be a tough one to pull off now given what happened tonight.

I'm now hoping to be totally surprised and in a good way and it being someone who hasn't been talked about assuming for whatever reason Drury isn't interested in Buch.

It's impossible to judge the CAR/PIT deal without knowing the details. Hopefully they can pull off a bigger deal than Vatrano and not a rental.  They would need to include a piece that would sting I'm sure. But to discard any deal that stings would be a mistake imo by Drury. That said stinging and being bent over dry are two different things.

• Applause 1

As much as I respect what Gus has done for the team this year, I'm warming up to the idea of bringing in Chychrun and moving Gus to 7D. We know Lindgren is going to get hurt at some point anyway, so having that good of a 7D to plug in would be a major boon and they need a top pairing guy to play with Fox, probably about as badly as they need a RW option for KZ.

Chychrun-Fox

Miller-Trouba

Lindgren-Schneider

Gus

Then find the best winger you can get double retained on the cheap.

• Applause 1