• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Will Be the Next Coach?

Who will be the next coach?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next coach?

27 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I would definitely take Roy, especially over someone like Hynes who I'm not a huge fan of. At this point you have to think Drury is waiting on the Sullivan situation and the Ramparts season to be over before making a decision.

I believe you’re correct. I think he’s got another couple of guys he’s looking at but has yet to be able to for the reasons you mentioned.

Gordon Bombay getting an interview? Guy did wonders with a little bit of talent and lack thereof. Won a championship. Really brought the locker room together. I know he's been out of the game for a while but I don't think magic like that just disappears.

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

Gordon Bombay getting an interview? Guy did wonders with a little bit of talent and lack thereof. Won a championship. Really brought the locker room together. I know he's been out of the game for a while but I don't think magic like that just disappears.

Bombay can't coach during an egg shortage.   Do we still have an egg shortage?

I think Drury is taking his time hiring a coach to make sure someone he prefers doesn't become available.

3 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

The 'Flying V' with this Rangers team is more like Flying Vaginas.

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 2
  • The Chyt! 1
  • JIMMY! 1

39 minutes ago, siddious said:

Aaaa Surpreso GIF by Band

I'm referring to the Rangers fans' chanting his name that year Gregorian chant style.  They had started such chants, quite effectively, with "Peeee-ters" in the previous series against the Caps.  

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This is all weird. How can they mess up a report that he was back in NY to talk with Drury a couple of days ago? Then say Hynes  is interviewing,  as well as Leach in that time frame. Are these reporters just full of shit?

5 hours ago, siddious said:

Also just a random thought but Hynes may end up being asst. coach. Just a bunch. Wouldn’t surprise me.

I was thinking one of the other candidates like Knoblauch,  Leach or any of the other inexperienced guys could be an option like that.

This way, if Laviolette fails, they have their solid back up and can commence their plan A-b of having a yes man, errr I mean a fresh mind and non retread that could maybe become the next Jon Cooper. 

I don't want to be talking out of school here. This is an opinion based post. I'm sorry if you disagree with it. 

I made a post with unfounded  truths as I speculated on why Laviolette would be back without making the deal the other day.

It was all lies as it was just reported that he wasn't even in NY then, but is today.  I apologize. I don't even know if he's actually there today. With this post, I'm only going off of what was reported.  So, if he's (again) not really in NY today, this post should be stricken from the record. Maybe I should just delete it. The damages it could cause could be extremely bad. 

Edited by The Dude

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I was thinking one of the other candidates like Knoblauch,  Leach or any of the other inexperienced guys. This way, if Laviolette fails, they have their solid back up and can commence their plan A-b of having a yes man errr I mean a fresh mind and non retread that could maybe become the next Jon Cooper.  

This is also all speculation.  I don't want to be talking out of school here. This is an opinion based post. I'm sorry if you disagree with it. 

Leach is already an assistant I doubt he would come here to do the same.