• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Training Camp: Go Into the Happiness

Cash or Czech

2 minutes ago, josh said:

Still like 10 more cuts. Including you know who 

I can see them carrying 14 forwards man. Atleast my guy had a BS called back goal and almost another, while also doing solid on the PK, which led to a shorty. Does Hunt kill penalties? Does he do ANYTHING?  (Incoming does your girl joke- Incoming Incoming in your girl joke). If things really went by performance in camp, Gauthier makes the team over Hunt, Reaves, Blais, even Kravtsov... 

Can Blais be put on a conditioning stint in Hartford since he really is coming back from injury? He doesn't look ready after that one game,  but... one game..

Why can't Vesey be a friggin center? Damn it. 

IMO  Rydahl should win the 4 C job, but Carpenter is a Gallant guy like Hunt... and will get the nod. So we are stuck with him until the media (deservedly) comes crashing down on him in December like they did with Nemeth last season. I'm assuming we see a ton of Carpenter in the remaining games just to push the issue and give as many chances to him as possible.  

Then again Drury has had a really good offseason.  Maybe he can unload Gauthier and Kravtsov. Maybe even Hajek.  I'm not buying this happy talk about Hajek and how they think he deserves a look all of a sudden.  They are giving him big minutes so they can finally find a taker for him.  Can Drury find takers for all 3 before the end of preseason? Shit, maybe you have to include Blais into that category too. 

Fine by me to start. I imagine Blais and Reaves will be on the 4th line with Carpenter.

Its a good looking lineup. Obviously you have threats on your Top-3 lines which is nice. That being said, Goodrow is obviously out of place there. And if the Kid Line has staying power and produces, it may be difficult for Gallant to split them up.

It screams trade, to me, at some point. I think we’ll ride along just fine to start. But, there’s a hole there. Goodrow would easily slide back into his more comfortable role in the Bottom-6.

Listen, even if the trade doesn’t end up being Patrick Kane (shut up, it will be him), I’m sure as the year progresses, other players will become available that can fill in some holes for the Rangers.

22 hours ago, josh said:

Yesterdays practice lines/pairings

Hajek isn't paired with anyone.. Tinordi is somehow still in camp as is Bartkowski. Poor Hajek. 

Good luck wherever you go man.  You're getting claimed off waivers. 

Tinordi. Yuck. 

22 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Fine by me to start. I imagine Blais and Reaves will be on the 4th line with Carpenter.

Its a good looking lineup. Obviously you have threats on your Top-3 lines which is nice. That being said, Goodrow is obviously out of place there. And if the Kid Line has staying power and produces, it may be difficult for Gallant to split them up.

It screams trade, to me, at some point. I think we’ll ride along just fine to start. But, there’s a hole there. Goodrow would easily slide back into his more comfortable role in the Bottom-6.

Listen, even if the trade doesn’t end up being Patrick Kane (shut up, it will be him), I’m sure as the year progresses, other players will become available that can fill in some holes for the Rangers.

I think Vesey will be in the opening night lineup; imo the 4th line should be Vesey- Brodzinski- Blais/Reaves.

25 minutes ago, josh said:

Jones Hajek and Schneider rotated as a pair, today 

I think that's where we're going with those guys.  5-6-7 and maybe rotating due to matchups.  We'll see but I'm cool with this right now....I'm hoping Hajek can be serviceable.

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think that's where we're going with those guys.  5-6-7 and maybe rotating due to matchups.  We'll see but I'm cool with this right now....I'm hoping Hajek can be serviceable.

im not big on Jones but I don’t think any ones played better than him for that 6th spot. 
i liked Hajek when acquired, but continually get disappointed the more I see him. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, josh said:

im not big on Jones but I don’t think any ones played better than him for that 6th spot. 
i liked Hajek when acquired, but continually get disappointed the more I see him. 

To me, he's a "poor man's" version of Fox.  Same kind of skill set and also looks like he's one of those "more brains than brawn" type defenders.  Matched up with Schneider, I think he can play his game and focus on what it looks like what he's cut out for.  He looked fairly decent on the PP, but again that was against a lot of AHL players.

I'm not sure Josh...I think I have to see it with my own eyes and get a better feel for how he's going fit in. 

As for Hajek;  I wanted him to be "The guy", especially for what we gave up in that trade.  I just don't know if maybe I set the bar too high in my own mind.  He's certainly not a terrible player, but I agree with you with the fact that his play hasn't exactly lit the world on fire.

He may be a good asset/bargaining chip to be spent at the deadline though.  We'll see how it goes! 

Edited by Ozzy