• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Training Camp: Go Into the Happiness

Cash or Czech

Just now, The Dude said:

I think it's more a shot at just Lundkvist. Kravstov never made it to Hartford to bitch while being there. Maybe a shot a Barron too? 

A shot at both. Not Barron 

i think the plan is to get Kravtsov going on that line and move him for Kane at the deadline.

They can’t afford Kravtsov if he does well, and if he sucks, he’s not sticking around either. 

1 minute ago, josh said:

A shot at both. Not Barron 

i think the plan is to get Kravtsov going on that line and move him for Kane at the deadline.

They can’t afford Kravtsov if he does well, and if he sucks, he’s not sticking around either. 

Figured that since he really wasn't into using Barron, maybe it was some behind the scenes thing, where he was bitching about not playing over Mckegg and such. Then was a throw in on the Copp trade.

For a team with no center depth,  the non use and the trade of Barron was kinda strange. 

foil hat tinfoil kevin GIF by The Tick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I guess Kravtsov just gets very smiley and jokey looking when he's nervous and answering questions. I wonder if that gets misinterpreted incorrectly as aloof or uncaring and that leads to some problems. 

I think he’s just trying to be very careful to answer correctly. He tries to answer as much in English as possible but gets flustered when he can’t progress so he defaults to the translator. Krav hadn’t used translators in the past so they’re playing it extra safe I think. I see it as the opposite of uncaring, he seems more worried to appear uncaring given his history. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I think he’s just trying to be very careful to answer correctly. He tries to answer as much in English as possible but gets flustered when he can’t progress so he defaults to the translator. Krav hadn’t used translators in the past so they’re playing it extra safe I think. I see it as the opposite of uncaring, he seems more worried to appear uncaring given his history. 

It’s definitely this, good read. Remember he’s still a kid but an older one and knows his situation. He’s got a chance to show what he can do in a position the whole team wants him to do well in so he’s just neevous

5 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Well, I’m just saying that his baby face + smiling a lot can be misconstrued. We have a GM that I’ve probably seen smile twice in his career that seemed to butt heads with him. I’m glad they are using a translator but someone has to tell the kid to really focus on looking a bit more serious I guess. This is the first interview of training camp and he made a strange joke about having to go back to Russia for a tie last year? I think he’s gonna need a bit less Panarin style and a bit more Kreider style to himself until he’s really proven to belong here just so there can’t be any more misunderstandings. Then again, we don’t k ow what goes on behind closed doors so there is that.

6 hours ago, Keirik said:

Well, I’m just saying that his baby face + smiling a lot can be misconstrued. We have a GM that I’ve probably seen smile twice in his career that seemed to butt heads with him. I’m glad they are using a translator but someone has to tell the kid to really focus on looking a bit more serious I guess. This is the first interview of training camp and he made a strange joke about having to go back to Russia for a tie last year? I think he’s gonna need a bit less Panarin style and a bit more Kreider style to himself until he’s really proven to belong here just so there can’t be any more misunderstandings. Then again, we don’t k ow what goes on behind closed doors so there is that.

He also said 85% of what you read on the internett is bs and that he feels he needs to redeem himself for how things went last season.

I don’t think his personality should be an issue as long as he does what he’s told to do, which he seems to be doing so far this pre season.

• Like 1
  • Believe 1

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

The tie joke was basically admitting he made a mistake going back to Russia. A stupid decision, as stupid as going back for a tie. Its Russian play on words

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Oh boy. Dude. You here, @The Dude? Please, for the love of God, let us know you’re okay after reading this…

Well. This is probably the year Gallant gets fired... Going around saying stupid stuff like that.

Then again, he could have meant "stood out" as in "stood outside because he he is by far the least talented player on the roster and I don't want him to even make eye contact with anybody here in camp, because being that bad may be infectious.. I mean.. I think Tinordi caught some Dryden Hunt last season.  He looked ok in camp, even to start the year.. but then he really stunk, I'm not sure he has fully recovered.. Thankfully Lafreniere, Chytil and Kakko seemed to recover from their cases of Dryden Hunt right in time for the playoffs.  I think Zib had a small case earlier last year too. And uhhh.. .... we didn't want to draw attention to it, or make any excuses, but Artemi Panarin had the Dryden Hunt in the playoffs.. He assures us hes better.  I really don't want any more cases of Dryden Hunt going around this season so he's standing out.....   side.."  

• LOL 1

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

Alright Officer Psychologist lay easy on the Dr. Phil re-runs over there lol

We're talking about a young kid who's still getting used to the bright spotlights of NY and media attention rather than a seasoned pro, not to mention English not being his first language. Pretty normal in his situation to feel some nerves (which we admitted to) and try to compensate for it. Having said that I do get the sense he has bit of a chip on his shoulder, which isn't necessarily a bad thing in a young player out to prove himself. As long as he's willing to put in the effort and be coached, which I get the sense he is, is about all we can ask for at this point.

• LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Karan said:

Alright Officer Psychologist lay easy on the Dr. Phil re-runs over there lol

We're talking about a young kid who's still getting used to the bright spotlights of NY and media attention rather than a seasoned pro, not to mention English not being his first language. Pretty normal in his situation to feel some nerves (which we admitted to) and try to compensate for it. Having said that I do get the sense he has bit of a chip on his shoulder, which isn't necessarily a bad thing in a young player out to prove himself. As long as he's willing to put in the effort and be coached, which I get the sense he is, is about all we can ask for at this point.

3 hours ago, CCCP said:

The tie joke was basically admitting he made a mistake going back to Russia. A stupid decision, as stupid as going back for a tie. Its Russian play on words

6 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

He also said 85% of what you read on the internett is bs and that he feels he needs to redeem himself for how things went last season.

I don’t think his personality should be an issue as long as he does what he’s told to do, which he seems to be doing so far this pre season.

I’m not sure how I’m being overly critical when I’m saying it’s the NEW YORK MEDIA/ Organization’s opinion I’d be worried about. Not me. I’m a supporter of him and I think he’s a kid. However,  he’s already had an issue with  some in the organization (Drury) and we all know the medias ability to run with even the slightest story.  

There is reason 99% of hockey players specifically give nothing , especially guys with very little NHL experience. 

I just don’t want any distraction for this kid. He’s one of the most important guys for this roster since we are so short on natural RWers and I really want him to work here. 

• Like 4