• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Off-Season Thread — Go Into the Sadness

Phil

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

We could've probably even kept Braun for a million bucks.  He was decent back there....I think you're right though, Josh....it may be a battle of the kids....which I'm actually more in favor of.  If they have a hard time, I suppose we add veteran stability at the deadline.

I mean, Nemeth was the first signing last summer followed by Tinordi. It’s still a hole, and he didn’t address it. I think that’s a sign they’re going to let the kids battle it out. 

• TroCheckmark 1

15 hours ago, josh said:

I mean, Nemeth was the first signing last summer followed by Tinordi. It’s still a hole, and he didn’t address it. I think that’s a sign they’re going to let the kids battle it out. 

At the end of the day, IMO, Robertson or Jones can do enough to bridge the gap to the inevitable "mid-round pick for steady veteran d" trade they'll make in March.

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

At the end of the day, IMO, Robertson or Jones can do enough to bridge the gap to the inevitable "mid-round pick for steady veteran d" trade they'll make in March.

That's pretty much where I think we're at, G Man.  I think it's "Let's see what we can do from within, and see if we can find a solution....if not, we go out at the TDL and solidify what we need to make a run at it again".

I'd really like to see a good 40 games of Zac, Lunqvist and Robertson.  I think it's time to see what we have in those guys.

10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Indeed it is. It's also the worst part of the year for hockey fans. lol It's not prime offseason anymore, and still a month away from training camp.

Yup. 
Nothing happens in August.

And these guys take their vacations, work from home, and work very abbreviated hours too.

4 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

https://www.amny.com/sports/2022-metropolitan-division-power-rankings/

We are #1 in these power rankings for the metro. We are back in the window! Hope this core can make it happen this time! What other franchise gets two world beater goaltenders back to back? Very excited for this year.

The Metropolitan division has been the pinnacle of hockey play since its inception in 2013. 

Since the division’s inception, the Metro has accounted for three Stanley Cup Finals, more than any other division in hockey.

I thought Tampa had 4 cup Finals alone since 2015?