• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Off-Season Thread — Go Into the Sadness

Phil

7 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

15 games i don't get with Fubo tv. Lame.

Give Dofu sports app a try. Should be available in google plays store or whatever Iphones thing is... Lots of people swear by it. I have minimal luck with it as I always lose whatever feed I try. It's free at the moment.  Give it a shot. 

7 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

15 games i don't get with Fubo tv. Lame.

Give Dofu sports app a try. Should be available in google plays store or whatever Iphones thing is... Lots of people swear by it. I have minimal luck with it as I always lose whatever feed I try. It's free at the moment.  Give it a shot. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Huh? 

TV markets. Most of the ones with the most games are among the largest in the U.S.

Like, yes, the Flyers are trash, but they're still the fourth largest market in the country, so it makes sense to nationalize their games this much.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

TV markets. Most of the ones with the most games are among the largest in the U.S.

Like, yes, the Flyers are trash, but they're still the fourth largest market in the country, so it makes sense to nationalize their games this much.

Not not really. People in STL aren't going to tune in. That's the point of a national game. 

The point of the national game is to draw across the country. Not local markets. 

I don't have national numbers by region to argue one way or another. I guess I'm just giving the NHL the benefit of doubt here. It makes sense, broadly, to me, to put these teams we see here on national display. I could nitpick here and there — maybe more McDavid games, for example — but generally, I think their national schedule looks right.

5 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Already better than Lundkvist by being there.

He was already better the day he signed and was put onto the NHL roster for a look- see.  From the little I have seen of Lundkvist,  I am really not that impressed and don't get the hype. Jones has a little bit better vision and has a game breaker type feel to him when he has confidence . I trust his decision making with the puck on both sides of the ice. 

Then again.  I root for #15. 

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He was already better the day he signed and was put onto the NHL roster for a look- see.  From the little I have seen of Lundkvist,  I am really not that impressed and don't get the hype. Jones has a little bit better vision and has a game breaker type feel to him when he has confidence . I trust his decision making with the puck on both sides of the ice. 

Then again.  I root for #15. 

No disagreement there. I've always favored Jones over Lundkvist.

My point is it seems to go against Jones' character to have a problem with attending rookie camp. He attended rookie camp last year despite his cup of coffee with the big club. He also said this last year about being demoted:

"I’d take it with a grain of salt," Jones said when asked how he'd respond to an AHL assignment. "I think I deserve to play in the NHL, but if I get sent down, I'm not going to complain about it. I'm not going to be mad. I'm going to go down there and work as hard as I can to try get myself back up to the NHL."

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2021/10/04/ny-rangers-training-camp-zac-jones-holding-out-hope-nhl-spot/5980355001/

It behooves him to not put up any fuss. More ice time in rookie camp is a greater opportunity to showcase his skills for a spot that's his to lose.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1