• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Off-Season Thread — Go Into the Sadness

Phil

56 minutes ago, Pete said:

Or they have Garand waiting as the heir apparent.

it depends where they are. If they still need Igor just to be competitive, as they do today, you keep him. If you've rounded out the squad and are getting reasonably good D and 5/5 play (as they do NOT have today), then why pay Igor?

That said, if you're paying Key and Troubs and Fox and your defense is still giving up a league high in shots and HDCA, then why are you paying the D that much for sucking?

I think you have this one cornered, Homie!  This is pretty much where I'm at too!  It really does depend on what's going on with the team at the time they have to make this type of decision. 

Kinda strange how Schneider I thought was going to be Trouba's heir apparent and then they go and make him captain.  Ok granted that doesn't make him un-tradeable, but it kinda clouds the vision as to who's going to be the eventual "cap Casualty".  Now it looks like Miller, but I know this is going to probably change 50 times over the next 3 seasons.

Fuck it, I'm just gonna enjoy the ride the next three seasons and hope we tuck away a silver chalice in the meantime!    LOL

16 minutes ago, VegasRanger said:

Nationally televised games this year

May be an image of text that says '13 US NATIONAL TV GAMES BY TEAM GAMES AIRING EXCLUSIVELY ON TNT, ESPN/ABC, OR HULU/ESPN+ 14 10 10 I$ 10 14 514 11 2 12 capias 13 1 14 14 11 15 FLORION 4 14 12 CC 4 0 11 14 14 7 9 15 1 13 15 10 A:C'

Makes sense. The teams with the double-digit games are most of the biggest television markets in the U.S. New York, Buffalo, Boston, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Chicago, Vegas, etc. 14 games for McDavid. 14 for the defending Cup champs. 14 to keep highlighting Trevor Zegras.

Just now, Phil said:

Makes sense. The teams with the double-digit games are most of the biggest television markets in the U.S. New York, Buffalo, Boston, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Chicago, Vegas, etc. 14 games for McDavid. 14 for the defending Cup champs. 14 to keep highlighting Trevor Zegras. Ryan Strome.

• Bullseye 1