• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Off-Season Thread — Go Into the Sadness

Phil

36 minutes ago, CCCP said:

in theory the rangers should've won the stanley cup in 2014 but in reality Ozzy needs a new diaper.

I'm using the extra sensitive Depends nowadays, Simon!  Those diapers make my balls itchy!

At first I thought it was just the mention of "Di Guiseppe", but after further review, it turns out that the mention of "Di Guiseppe" only make me projectile vomit.

50 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

When is the trading deadline for this coming season? I haven’t been able to find it when searching. Obviously I’d assume in March, just didn’t know date.

They’re probably waiting on weekes’ schedule. 

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

When is the trading deadline for this coming season? I haven’t been able to find it when searching. Obviously I’d assume in March, just didn’t know date.

I don’t believe it’s been determined yet. 

• Cheers 1

I think there's a better chance the Rangers buy out Panarin's last year of the contract than there is of them letting Igor just walk.

Fleury made 5.5m in 2009. 5.5m out of 56.7m salary cap. That's almost 10%.

Vasilevskiy made 9.5m in 2021. 9.5m out of 81.5m salary cap. That's over 10%.

Giving Igor close to 9m in 2025 when the cap is closer to 90m shouldn't be that big of a problem. It's obviously only an option if he continues like he has, but if he does he'll be the best goalie in the league for many years and will definitely be worth ~10% of the cap.

Panarin and Trouba's contracts are up the year after (2026) and Kreids + Goodrow's the year after that (2027). Shouldn't be too hard to find a way to make it work.

7 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I think there's a better chance the Rangers buy out Panarin's last year of the contract than there is of them letting Igor just walk.

Giving Igor close to 9m in 2025 when the cap is closer to 90m shouldn't be that big of a problem. It's obviously only an option if he continues like he has, but if he does he'll be the best goalie in the league for many years and will definitely be worth ~10% of the cap.

Panarin and Trouba's contracts are up the year after (2026) and Kreids + Goodrow's the year after that (2027). Shouldn't be too hard to find a way to make it work.

Great financially when those contracts come off the books. Who is going to produce what they do for less money?!

10 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I think this is likely true. I don't really see them willingly walking away from Igor unless there's something staring them in the face internally or in UFA (like how the Canes let Nedeljkovic walk and signed Andersen.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I think this is likely true. I don't really see them willingly walking away from Igor unless there's something staring them in the face internally or in UFA (like how the Canes let Nedeljkovic walk and signed Andersen.

Or they have Garand waiting as the heir apparent.

it depends where they are. If they still need Igor just to be competitive, as they do today, you keep him. If you've rounded out the squad and are getting reasonably good D and 5/5 play (as they do NOT have today), then why pay Igor?

That said, if you're paying Key and Troubs and Fox and your defense is still giving up a league high in shots and HDCA, then why are you paying the D that much for sucking?

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1