• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Off-Season Thread — Go Into the Sadness

Phil

8 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

That’s the biggest factor I’m sure. But it’s hard to see any contract he signs breaking anyone’s bank. 

He was making $1.225 vs the cap last 2 seasons. Next contract isn’t going to be some mega deal. And it’s clear he can be very effective in a bottom line role

I'd have gladly paid 500k more to sign Motte over Carpenter. 

Motte adds that speedy PK option that can be trusted late in games.  Now it's Carpenter and Reaves glued to the bench in a tight game. 

After this post season, the one thing the Rangers should have learned is that they need to extend their bench. Not shorten it. They were absolutely gassed and had no type of shut down line. They hot worse in that department. 

Did awesome in clearing Nemeths contract,  but they didn't fill an actual need after doing so. Carpenter is bad. Dryden Hunt bad.

Crap, send Hunt down,  don't sign Carpenter and bring back Motte on a 1- 2 year deal. 

Motte- Goodrow- who ever

Need a defensive line. Bad.  

11 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Hunt's cap hit is the same if they were to send hit down it's a one way deal. Not that they would ever do it, or want to.

No, it’s under the 1.25 cutoff, it’d be off the cap

12 minutes ago, josh said:

No, it’s under the 1.25 cutoff, it’d be off the cap

thanks Josh, didn't know there was a cutoff. My bad just knew his salary this year was the full 775k if he was sent down, last year it would of dropped to 300k according to CF.

4 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Calgary opts for arbitration with Tkachuk. Does this mean Tkachuk gets to decide term if they can’t settle arbitration? Because if they can’t get a deal done and he picks one year, he could be gone for free next summer

(Looks at notes. Throws them in garbage) Ahhh yes. I see here the Rangers have 25 LWs. Great. Grand. Wonderful. 

11 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Tkachuk is probably leaving. Canada is a tough sell for a lot of guys right now. Kid is from Arizona. Probably hates it all the way up there in Calgary. I would

More like his coke hookup is gone. 

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'd have gladly paid 500k more to sign Motte over Carpenter. 

Motte adds that speedy PK option that can be trusted late in games.  Now it's Carpenter and Reaves glued to the bench in a tight game. 

After this post season, the one thing the Rangers should have learned is that they need to extend their bench. Not shorten it. They were absolutely gassed and had no type of shut down line. They hot worse in that department. 

Did awesome in clearing Nemeths contract,  but they didn't fill an actual need after doing so. Carpenter is bad. Dryden Hunt bad.

Crap, send Hunt down,  don't sign Carpenter and bring back Motte on a 1- 2 year deal. 

Motte- Goodrow- who ever

Need a defensive line. Bad.  

Except Motte isn’t a C. Carpenter is. They needed a C. 

10 hours ago, josh said:

I miss my old cba days.

i can’t remember, if an arbitrator makes a ruling, is that player unable to be traded, or was that just for matching an offer sheet? 

• Arbitration awards can only be 1 or 2 years in length [CBA 12.10(a)&(b)]
  • The party (Player or Club) who did not elect for Arbitration decides on the awarded term [CBA 12.10(a)&(b)]
  • Players who are in their final year Restricted Free Agency are only entitled to a 1 year term.
  • Club cannot walk away from a Club elected Arbitration Settlement [CBA 12.10(e)]
  • Player elected Arbitration Settlements of 1 year and greater than $4,538,958, Club can walk away from the awarded salary, making the player a UFA [CBA 12.10(a)]

https://www.capfriendly.com/arbitration

As I understand it, if Tkachuck and the Flames end up going to arbitration, he'll be awarded a one-year deal and will become a UFA (at 25) at the completion of it.

I believe the Flames are required to keep him for the year but could probably trade his negotiating rights?

58 minutes ago, Phil said:

There's very little I wouldn't give up for him, honestly. Like, right now, today, I'd probably trade Kreider and Lafreniere for him.

Other than the obvious that Kreider wouldn’t waive his NMC for Calgary, it wouldn’t clear enough cap. Neither would Trouba. 

What’s funny is that leaves Fox as the only one who could be traded without him blocking. It’s a pass from me, for sure, as much as I’d want Tkachuk, but it would be pretty ironic that the team that Fox originally forced his way off of is the team he gets sent back to, to play out his $9.5M a season contract.

No idea. By all accounts, he should be willing to sign a two-year bridge in the exact mold of the one Chytil signed ($2.3x2).

Last meaningful update we got directly from Drury was on July 13:

• Thanks 1
  • VINNY! 1

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

No idea. By all accounts, he should be willing to sign a two-year bridge in the exact mold of the one Chytil signed ($2.3x2).

Last meaningful update we got directly from Drury was on July 13:

I just read that quote in Chris Drury’s monotone voice and it makes it sound disingenuous.

• LOL 3
  • LMFAO 1
  • The Chyt! 1