• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Penguins Round One — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/2022 at 04:00 PM

3 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

So confident about tonight that I placed a 1 game parlay:

Kreider anytime scorer

Rangers 1st team to score

Rangers -1.5

Goals over 5.5

Rangers Goals under 5.5

Rangers 5-1 win 

I think they come out flying tonight and don’t let off the gas.

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

I think they come out flying tonight and don’t let off the gas.

I hope so.  The Pens though are not going to lay down ever.  They are a good team led by the greatest player of his generation.  He has already dominated game 1 and there is nothing pointing to him being any less so going forward in this series.  The Rangers can definitely win but these games are going to be tight as is this series.   They have to take advantage of the goaltending, plain and simple.  They have to get players in front of the net.  There was no presence in front of the Pens goal after the firs period in Game 1.  That is a recipe for disaster and a fundamental misunderstanding of how to win in the playoffs.  The Rangers "star" players need to pay the price to win.  Thus far they have never shown that willingness to do so.  Staying on the perimeter trying fancy passes may look great the 1 time in 100 that it works but it's loser hockey.  You may even get away with it for a series but eventually you will lose playing that way.  

The playoffs were always going to be the measuring stick for how far this team has come and what it needs going forward.  To be honest I thought winning this series would be a coin flip at best.  It 1 game but what interests me most is can the Rangers best players adapt to playoff hockey?  Fox looked good which is great.  Zib and Panarin both failed miserably after 1 game.  

27 minutes ago, Capt said:

I hope so.  The Pens though are not going to lay down ever.  They are a good team led by the greatest player of his generation.  He has already dominated game 1 and there is nothing pointing to him being any less so going forward in this series.  The Rangers can definitely win but these games are going to be tight as is this series.   They have to take advantage of the goaltending, plain and simple.  They have to get players in front of the net.  There was no presence in front of the Pens goal after the firs period in Game 1.  That is a recipe for disaster and a fundamental misunderstanding of how to win in the playoffs.  The Rangers "star" players need to pay the price to win.  Thus far they have never shown that willingness to do so.  Staying on the perimeter trying fancy passes may look great the 1 time in 100 that it works but it's loser hockey.  You may even get away with it for a series but eventually you will lose playing that way.  

The playoffs were always going to be the measuring stick for how far this team has come and what it needs going forward.  To be honest I thought winning this series would be a coin flip at best.  It 1 game but what interests me most is can the Rangers best players adapt to playoff hockey?  Fox looked good which is great.  Zib and Panarin both failed miserably after 1 game.  

Wrong brodzinski is a ny ranger 

1 hour ago, Capt said:

Staying on the perimeter trying fancy passes may look great the 1 time in 100 that it works but it's loser hockey.  You may even get away with it for a series but eventually you will lose playing that way.

If the first game had been any indication, it does not look like that the Rangers will get away with "fancy passes" even in this series, much less in the second round.

The question is, will they be able to change, pretty much on the dime? This is what they've been doing all year long, maybe a slight change after Vatrano and others were traded for.

I do hope they're going to change and shoot more, we'll see it soon enough....

LGR!!!

12 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

So confident about tonight that I placed a 1 game parlay:

Kreider anytime scorer ✅

Rangers 1st team to score ✅

Rangers -1.5

Goals over 5.5 ✅

Rangers Goals under 5.5

Rangers 5-1 win 

Keep it going boys 

Edited by Blue Heaven

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

You guys read screen names? I look at the pictues. I have no idea who anyone is until I read something so stupid I have to see who said it. 

Lol you’re half telling the truth. But we met so I hear ya. Unless you met me because I said many incredibly stupid things which is very possible 

• LMFAO 2

6 hours ago, phillyb said:

You guys read screen names? I look at the pictues. I have no idea who anyone is until I read something so stupid I have to see who said it. 

Well for the playoffs braniac @Phil makes a collection of avatars that all look the same so that strategy goes out the window. 

• LOL 1