• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Penguins Round One — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/2022 at 04:00 PM

2 hours ago, Phil said:

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Keep wearin' em down!!  I've got this one to go 7, but it's plays and hits like these that make Reaves and that 4th line so meaningful in a playoff battle.  I'm already starting to see the Penguins get worn down a little bit.  Their play got slower as the 3rd period played out last night, which opened the door for Vatrano's goal. 

They're still going to get their chances, but we have Igor, the X factor that negates a lot.  If we can play a little tougher on Sid the Kid, and start banging his line around more, we'll all but negate anything they do offensively.

I'm thinking by the time we hit Game 5, we're going to see a very battered and worn out Pittsburgh team.

For those who can't watch on MSG, during the post game when they replayed this play Valley was giggling like a 6 year old little girl saying it wasn't just a hit, he ran right through him when he wasn't expecting to be hit. Hank while trying to stay professional as you would expect was smiling and said something like "wellllllll there's more to it, it's known and we've seen it, he tends to shut it down when those things happen". 

So here's to hoping Reaves and co can line him up a few more times next game so he becomes a total non-factor. 

Overall not a great 60 min effort but at times they really picked it up, if they can ever get that effort over 60 mins with all the top guys contributing, they can get out of this series and onto the next one. Let's go!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Have to give Braun some good credit. Stepped right in and was solid enough. When Lindgren is back, it’s an easy decision to have Braun over Nemeth or Schneider. Preferably Nemeth.

I'd keep Schneider in there.  He had a couple of fumbles but nothing catastrophic.  ...He's no Mike Matheson though!!  That guy had a rough game!!!  LOL

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'd keep Schneider in there.  He had a couple of fumbles but nothing catastrophic.  ...He's no Mike Matheson though!!  That guy had a rough game!!!  LOL

I’m with you. I’d rather see Braun-Schneider. But Nemeth played 16 minutes last night to Schneider’s 12. I think that might be a good indication of who Gallant favors at the moment

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

While I completely agree, we actually were a bit better in Game 2. We won 26 and lost 22.

There a stat on how we did in the offensive Zone? I think at some point TNT said we were like 2-14 ther or something like that.

Zibanejad has to show up. He looks weak and scared. Did he get banged up in a recent game that I'm not remembering? 

Of all the teams to play wimpy and perimeter,  this shouldn't be the team to do that against.  How much more invisible will he be against serious physical teams like Florida and Tampa? 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Zibanejad has to show up. He looks weak and scared. Did he get banged up in a recent game that I'm not remembering? 

Of all the teams to play wimpy and perimeter,  this shouldn't be the team to do that against.  How much more invisible will he be against serious physical teams like Florida and Tampa? 

I think he’s been good, aside from the one bad shot on the PP last night where he had a wide open net and put it right back into that spicy pork dish on skates in net.

2 assists, 7 hits, 8 shots, +2, 55% fo over 2 games. I guess if the expectation is to score goals only, he hasn’t done it, but he’s done everything else imo

Edited by rmc51
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 2

5 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

With Domingue in net, lets wrap this shit in 5 so these guys can get some rest and prep vs. Carolina.  

with Carolina goalie situation they're far from advancing with Marchand/Pastrnak waking up

1 hour ago, Winter said:

with Carolina goalie situation they're far from advancing with Marchand/Pastrnak waking up

More the need for them to go to a physical 7 game series.  It would be nice to face a physically beaten down Carolina club with a 3rd string goalie.