• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Penguins Round One — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/2022 at 04:00 PM

Some are talking as if Domingue were an emergency Zamboni driver.  Compare his career line to Georgiev.  He's 144 GP 3.05 GA .905 SP versus 129, 2.94 and .908 for Georgiev.  Pretty comparable. As we know, in addition to weak streaks, Geo is capable of winning streaks and some spectacular games, like the Carolina steal.  Geo hasn't done as much time in the minors as Domingue, but he might see the AHL again before he's done (ask Kinkaid).   I'm sure everyone remembers losing twice to Dustin Tokarski and eking out a 1-0 win over him to make it to the finals 2014.  

Of course we have the advantage with Shesty.  But funny things can happen in a short (five games) series.  Michael Leighton went 8-3 in the 2010 playoffs helping Philly make the finals, and he had an even less distinguished career than Dominque.  Ray Emery was nothing special and got Ottawa in the Finals in 2007.

• Bullseye 3
  • Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

40 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Some are talking as if Domingue were an emergency Zamboni driver.  Compare his career line to Georgiev.  He's 144 GP 3.05 GA .905 SP versus 129, 2.94 and .908 for Georgiev.  Pretty comparable. As we know, in addition to weak streaks, Geo is capable of winning streaks and some spectacular games, like the Carolina steal.  Geo hasn't done as much time in the minors as Domingue, but he might see the AHL again before he's done (ask Kinkaid).   I'm sure everyone remembers losing twice to Dustin Tokarski and eking out a 1-0 win over him to make it to the finals 2014.  

Of course we have the advantage with Shesty.  But funny things can happen in a short (five games) series.  Michael Leighton went 8-3 in the 2010 playoffs helping Philly make the finals, and he had an even less distinguished career than Dominque.  Ray Emery was nothing special and got Ottawa in the Finals in 2007.

To your point, Domingue owns the Tampa record for consecutive wins lol

the point is, if we were facing Georgiev/Somingue/ whoever, we should be forcing Pitt to play a full blown defensive shield like we do whenever we have Geo in net. This shouldn’t be a series of losing 2 out of 3 periods with him. It should be winning every period amd if he stands on his head to a level of hockey god then so be it. We lost game 1 testing him with nonsense. We won game 2 testing hi, for real. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Ok, this guy is 14:30 into his 15 minutes. The second period yesterday shows that if you hammer him with shots, he flops around and gets rattled.  Let the bangers come out and bang and the shooters come out and shoot.

If we brought the intensity that we had throughout the season this series would be over tomorrow, 

• Like 1

Series is far from over.  We possibly would be up 3 games to none if they played any defenseman over Nemeth.
Put Jones in and take the risk of a all rookie 3rd pairing.   We are playing on bonus time already, weren’t even expected to make the playoffs this year.   Kakko, Chytil and Lafraniere look better in the playoffs.  Let’s see what Jones can do.   We know Nemeth isn’t the answer now or in the future. 

• Like 1

Nemeth must sit. Most of the year, when people were on him, I didn’t think he was all that bad. He was what we signed him to be: a serviceable vet on a bottom pair signed to a cheap deal. He was okay. But, over the course of the last several games, he’s been an absolute eye sore. You need to get him out.

• Keeps it 100 1

I think we all know what the problem is and no one wants to admit it.

our Ted Lasso hype approach isn’t working. I think we need to switch strategies and I suggest incessantly saying negative things about the rangers to motivate them. For example calling kakko “crappo busto”. Fun and productive. 

• LMFAO 1

29 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’ll be nice tomorrow night if it’s Shesterkin in goal and not Shsquirsky.

Yup. It's unfortunately already gotten to the point where Shesty simply has to steal a game or two for the Rangers. I'm rapidly losing faith in our forwards scoring enough goals on that scrub Dominique to compensate for the shoddy defense. 

Just now, -ERIK- said:

When we aren't shooting it directly into Domingue,hes awful.

You guys think there is any chance Gallant sits Nemeth for Jones?

I doubts it

Zero chance. Lindgren is decision time.

2 hours ago, siddious said:

I think we all know what the problem is and no one wants to admit it.

our Ted Lasso hype approach isn’t working. I think we need to switch strategies and I suggest incessantly saying negative things about the rangers to motivate them. For example calling kakko “crappo busto”. Fun and productive. 

Said it a few hours before you did....  in the game thread.  But I suggested we get weird. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, Karan said:

Yup. It's unfortunately already gotten to the point where Shesty simply has to steal a game or two for the Rangers. I'm rapidly losing faith in our forwards scoring enough goals on that scrub Dominique to compensate for the shoddy defense. 

Domingue has a .903 SV% and a 4.03 GAA.  The forwards scoring on him isn't the issue.  

• VINNY! 1