• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

With getting no Re-signings, I’m looking at 12.46m

chytil moved (Kakko stays)

min wage/rookies filling a few spots

Lafreniere Zibanejad Kreider 

Panarin Trocheck [Kane]
othmann Goodrow Kakko

870 - 870 - 870

extra 870

lindgren fox

miller toruba

Robertson Schneider 

if you can get Miller at 3m and Lafreniere at 4.25, you have 5.2 for Kane.

kakko, Schneider and Lindgren would be due contracts the following season. 

Friedman still thinks that Kane ends up a Ranger come deadline.

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/insider-rangers-patrick-kane-destination/

The New York Rangers and Patrick Kane will be an underlying storyline all season. Starting last season, they have been the most rumored destination for the 4-time All Star.

That rumor just received another shot in the arm when top insider, Elliotte Friedman addressed where Kane is most likely to end up on his latest 32 Thoughts Podcast.

“Until proven otherwise I thing the Rangers are the most likely destination,” Friedman said. “Although there’s a lot of variables. We’ve said for months that Kane is going to sit around and see he’s good. If the Rangers are good I can see them being the team.”

26 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I've never been this certain in my life as far as Rangers acquisitions go. This is happening at some point. lol

My how quickly we forget Brad Richards, Kevin Shattenkirk, and Rick Nash.

11 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Unless there’s another destination he’d prefer, yes.

Its pretty damn near a certainty. 

The Rangers are one of I think three teams he wants to go to. I think Edmonton is one, and I can't remember the other. But yeah, if this team is in the thick of it, and I believe they will be, it's most likely happening.

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

My how quickly we forget Brad Richards, Kevin Shattenkirk, and Rick Nash.

I put this up there with Jagr, Nash and Richards. All felt ticketed for here. Kane feels the same. Although I don’t think it’s 100% certain it’s a permanent spot, I do think he for sure will be here this season at some point as a rental.

Too many connected people and “insiders” have said it for it to not be true IMO. 

If Ottawa is good, I wouldn't count them out as a suitor. They are in a position where they need to make noise both on this ice, and off. If they're in good standing, trading for Kane would be another building block on their solid (on paper) summer.

32 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I put this up there with Jagr, Nash and Richards. All felt ticketed for here. Kane feels the same. Although I don’t think it’s 100% certain it’s a permanent spot, I do think he for sure will be here this season at some point as a rental.

Too many connected people and “insiders” have said it for it to not be true IMO. 

Messier was a slam dunk to come here in '91

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

The Rangers are one of I think three teams he wants to go to. I think Edmonton is one, and I can't remember the other. But yeah, if this team is in the thick of it, and I believe they will be, it's most likely happening.

It’s not always easy to predict when you’re talking about a straight rental with a full NMC and it’s a long way to the deadline.

You never know what can develop.

Still most likely coming here though as of now.