• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

6 minutes ago, Valriera said:

So it would be what, Kravstov, couple firsts, and someone like Jones? Does that do it?

I think the first we got from Dallas is a huge draw and may be what keeps putting one of the Kid Line members like Kakko in a proposal. 

Kane holding the cards here could help too if we are a place he wants to come to, which given the media attention this has gotten while literally never being a thing, I’d imagine has some semblance of truth. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

It may require the Rangers dealing both their firsts this year, plus potentially VK (if not dealt sooner), for Chicago to do us the favor of retaining some salary.

I would imagine Jones, 2 1sts is a good start. More will be obviously be needed.

Edited by RichieNextel305

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think the first we got from Dallas is a huge draw and may be what keeps putting one of the Kid Line members like Kakko in a proposal. 

Kane holding the cards here could help too if we are a place he wants to come to, which given the media attention this has gotten while literally never being a thing, I’d imagine has some semblance of truth. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

It may require the Rangers dealing both their firsts this year, plus Kravtsov, for Chicago to do us the favor of retaining some salary.

Yeah, they're going to have to have Chicago retain for the trade to make more sense, so they're definitely going to have to throw in a bit more for that to happen.

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I think so. Unfortunately this isn't the Kane from even a couple of years ago or so. lol But, most likely a forgone conclusion at this point.

14 points in 18 games playing with the worst linemates he's ever had in his career is still pretty good. 

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I think so. Unfortunately this isn't the Kane from even a couple of years ago or so. lol But, most likely a forgone conclusion at this point.

?  He's been 1.18 ppg or better for the last four years.   He 'only' has 14 points in 18 games this year because he is being forced to carry Athanasiou and Domi.

I think Kane would explode if dealt here. He’s asleep on his feet in Chicago. 

Playing here, in this market, with the chance to win with his favorite running mate? I think it would be fantastic for Panarin, and fantastic for Kane. I know a lot is made of their chemistry but it would really be a sight to get them together.

MSL was old when he got here. Kane is still in his early 30s. There is still time left and drive left. I think he would explode on the scene.

• Like 1

this team isnt on a brink.  giving up 2 first, a roster player and a prospect is a huge loss.  It might be what it takes to get Kane but it would only make sense to a team who have a real shot or favorites.  Rangers arent there.  Not with their struggles with 5 on 5 and porous defense.  

58 minutes ago, CCCP said:

this team isnt on a brink.  giving up 2 first, a roster player and a prospect is a huge loss.  It might be what it takes to get Kane but it would only make sense to a team who have a real shot or favorites.  Rangers arent there.  Not with their struggles with 5 on 5 and porous defense.  

I Guess If You Say So GIF

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

I pretty strongly disagree. No playoff team in the East, outside of Boston, has gotten off to a fast start here. The East is very much wide open.

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

Adding Kane puts them right up in there though. It's definitely costly, but it opens that window that we all thought closed at the end of their run last season. 

The move will take away from their cupboard. Maybe even damage the potential future. But you have to give to get, and they'd be getting the best available player, with huge salary retention. My only untouchables in the cupboard right now are Schneider and Othmann. Everyone else can go (to a point.. or with more than just Kane coming back).

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

you seriously think that NYR is a serious cup contender? a favorite?

It’s November. Not a person on this planet knows where we or anyone else is going. Aside from Boston and Jersey, no one else in the East has performed above expectation; every single team is stuck in the mud just like us.

We entered the season with high expectations. I think abandoning those expectations after an iffy first 20 games in which they haven’t buried themselves is foolish. Everyone is all lumped together.

35 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s November. Not a person on this planet knows where we or anyone else is going. Aside from Boston and Jersey, no one else in the East has performed above expectation; every single team is stuck in the mud just like us.

We entered the season with high expectations. I think abandoning those expectations after an iffy first 20 games in which they haven’t buried themselves is foolish. Everyone is all lumped together.

November isn't early. It's late. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

In too lazy to look it up but aren't we rapidly approaching some date where thr odds of making the playoffs drop if aren't already in a playoff position? Not sure if it's turkey day or not 

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

There are 60 games to go. And no one has established themselves, outside of the Bruins and NJ going on a scorching hot streak. And even with that hot streak, a loss by them tonight and a win by us puts us 6 points behind them.

Edited by RichieNextel305

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think Kane would explode if dealt here. He’s asleep on his feet in Chicago. 

Playing here, in this market, with the chance to win with his favorite running mate? I think it would be fantastic for Panarin, and fantastic for Kane. I know a lot is made of their chemistry but it would really be a sight to get them together.

MSL was old when he got here. Kane is still in his early 30s. There is still time left and drive left. I think he would explode on the scene.

I can't wait to celebrate his acquisition with everyone here!

We all want Kane but not at the cost some are suggesting, not when this team is not a serious contender. I wouldn’t bet 4 potential roster players for a chance to catch a lightning in a bottle. I dont need to see how other teams are doing. I know what it takes to  win the cup and the rangers are not there yet, even with Kane on the team. 
now if another more structural coach was hired where the team stopped bleeding endless top chances against, maybe trading 4 assets could be worth it.