• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

24 minutes ago, Phil said:

I think LeBrun has it right.

Hes not moving now. Probably not till deadline.

But I guess it’s possible you see a move earlier, as he said.
Maybe December/January-ish, if there’s a way to make it work and there’s a team that maybe wants him earlier to get more games from him.

But for a couple months at least he’s standing pat. 

Just now, RangersIn7 said:

Maybe December/January-ish, if there’s a way to make it work and there’s a team that maybe wants him earlier to get more games from him.

Or a skating Pat. 😏

• LOL 1

I'm trying not to get too caught up in the Kane thing. 

HOWEVER........

If Kane still has something in the tank, and we can get him for something along the lines of Kravvy, a #1, and some prospect not named Othmann, or Culleye....it seriously would make us one of the favorites to win the whole fucking thing.

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Probably one of, or both, Krav and Chytil, a first rounder and at least one other asset. No doubt in my mind it's happening eventually this season.

I think it’s close to that

But I think very much that 2 young roster players with team control (even if they are both RFA’s next year) is too much

I think a fair price for Kane at the deadline is:

Young roster player

1st round pick

Higher-level prospect 

Obviously the retention issue is a factor.

But I also think Kane’s NMC influences that. Potentially pretty heavily. It limits the list of suitors and packages significantly.

Also, wherever he goes, it’s a huge cap hit. Space is an issue in most of the places he’s potentially willing to go. We’ve pretty much only heard the Rangers, plus people throw Buffalo in there cause he’s from there. 
Either way, I think it’s a VERY short list, now and moving forward. 

And I think it’s entirely possible he says Rangers or nowhere. 

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm trying not to get too caught up in the Kane thing. 

HOWEVER........

If Kane still has something in the tank, and we can get him for something along the lines of Kravvy, a #1, and some prospect not named Othmann, or Culleye....it seriously would make us one of the favorites to win the whole fucking thing.

I’d be ok with Cuylle.

Othmann might not necessarily be a non-starter. But he’s close to that if he’s not.

If Chicago has to have Othmann to get it done, that’s ok if you’re not giving up anything significant off the roster I suppose. Makes it a bit more palatable.

The 1st from Dallas isn’t any question though.

That pick is going one way or another.

Maybe both 1sts go at the deadline if they feel like there are guys who can really help.

But I’d be beyond shocked if they actually make the Dallas pick themselves.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I'd trade Lafreniere before Othmann. 

But not with multiple firsts. Dallas first plus Laf should get that done. 

I wouldn’t move either in all honesty. 

On the picks, to clarify, I meant I could see both getting moved but in separate deals. That to me seems likely.

Drury set that up nicely. This draft is loaded. People will want those 1sts. He got himself a 2nd one. He just needs to make it pay. 

26 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I think it’s close to that

But I think very much that 2 young roster players with team control (even if they are both RFA’s next year) is too much

I think a fair price for Kane at the deadline is:

Young roster player

1st round pick

Higher-level prospect 

Obviously the retention issue is a factor.

But I also think Kane’s NMC influences that. Potentially pretty heavily. It limits the list of suitors and packages significantly.

Also, wherever he goes, it’s a huge cap hit. Space is an issue in most of the places he’s potentially willing to go. We’ve pretty much only heard the Rangers, plus people throw Buffalo in there cause he’s from there. 
Either way, I think it’s a VERY short list, now and moving forward. 

And I think it’s entirely possible he says Rangers or nowhere. 

His trade list is basically only three teams, including the Rangers. lol The Blackhawks would definitely eat money to make it happen since he wants out. They'll bite the bullet there.

I fully expect Chytil to be in the deal for Kane unless certain things happen between now and the deadline.

1st

conditional 2nd (1st if Rangers make SCF or some shtick)

Chytil

Kravtsov or a B prospect like Sykora

That kind of package.

Then they’ll trade for the best mid-6 center rental they can get.

It’s going to be all-in time.

Edited by rmc51

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

He can't move now. Even with 50% retention, no one (that Kane would accept a trade to) has the cap room until the deadline, because cap room accrues as the season goes on. Most teams—certainly the ones he'd be interested in—are right against the ceiling at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

He can't move now. Even with 50% retention, no one (that Kane would accept a trade to) has the cap room until the deadline, because cap room accrues as the season goes on. Most teams—certainly the ones he'd be interested in—are right against the ceiling at the moment.

That’s basically what I was saying Philleas. 

The point I was making was manifold though.

1) Another potential destination COULD evolve over the next few months. But I’ll acknowledge that is less likely.

2) While not mentioned expressly, a team could move salary out to accommodate him.

3) Kane may simply hem the Hawks in. So that has a significant impact on return and all of it. 

33 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I fully expect Chytil to be in the deal for Kane unless certain things happen between now and the deadline.

1st

conditional 2nd (1st if Rangers make SCF or some shtick)

Chytil

Kravtsov or a B prospect like Sykora

That kind of package.

Then they’ll trade for the best mid-6 center rental they can get.

It’s going to be all-in time.

I think it’s all-in time too. 
I just don’t think they are too eager to move Chytil.

But time will tell.

I think no matter what, it’s a 1st, Kravtsov, and a prospect.

I don’t think the kicker is off the roster though.

And I agree.

Theyre going to need the depth. 

Edited by RangersIn7

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

Other teams can send a big number the other way, though. Like, would CAR part with 23 year old Necas who makes 3M? With picks and other sweeteners to get to $5M?

It's not like Carolina is a dog. They have a great team and chance to win.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Other teams can send a big number the other way, though. Like, would CAR part with 23 year old Necas who makes 3M? With picks and other sweeteners to get to $5M?

I actually think Carolina is a viable option too.

I thought of Kotkaniemi though.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I guess, yeah. It's possible, but Kane controls his own destiny. From what we've been told by Dreger, LeBrun and others, he's fully prepared to "wait and see," so I can't imagine any deal before 2023.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I guess, yeah. It's possible, but Kane controls his own destiny. From what we've been told by Dreger, LeBrun and others, he's fully prepared to "wait and see," so I can't imagine any deal before 2023.

Yeah.

Its highly unlikely he moves before the deadline TBH.

Its not even a possibility till December at the earliest. And that too is probably a long shot 

5 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Yeah.

Its highly unlikely he moves before the deadline TBH.

Its not even a possibility till December at the earliest. And that too is probably a long shot 

Yeah, it basically requires a massive player-for-player trade, and the Hawks will probably still have to retain 50%. The incentive just really isn't there. For them, more than anyone, it just makes sense to take it close to the wire and build a competitive market for him.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I don't know what you think you're getting a 90 point 3 time Cup champ, 1 time Conn Smythe player for.

I don’t care if the trade was with the Roman Empire and the return was Jesus Christ coming back out of captivity. It might have bought a few more dinners between Christ and the disciples, but it would have been on borrowed time. It’s a deadline rental. Deadline rentals don’t get #1OAs who also look like Yukon Cornelius.

Edited by rmc51
  • Like 1
  • LMFAO 1