• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

I would be more than gladly give an incentive based deal.....2nd round pick but if the Rangers win the SCF the 2nd rounder becomes a 1st rounder....Hell i'd f'n give an incentive base deal to the 3rd team (Arizona) if the Rangers make the SCF, they get a future 2nd rounder.  

Krav, Player X , 2nd round pick (Rangers win the SCF turns to 1st round pick) 

Plus Leschysysnsnnsn, 3rd rounder (Rangers win the SCF turns into 2nd round pick

3 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I would be more than gladly give an incentive based deal.....2nd round pick but if the Rangers win the SCF the 2nd rounder becomes a 1st rounder....Hell i'd f'n give an incentive base deal to the 3rd team (Arizona) if the Rangers make the SCF, they get a future 2nd rounder.  

Krav, Player X , 2nd round pick (Rangers win the SCF turns to 1st round pick) 

Plus Leschysysnsnnsn, 3rd rounder (Rangers win the SCF turns into 2nd round pick

I don't even think you have to go that far (on the picks).

1. If Kane says NY or bust, they're fucked. Davidson is gonna push for the best deal possible, and the best deal possible is going to be a conditions-based return plus like, Kravtsov.

2. The Wild just helped Toronto get O'Reilly with double retention and it cost Toronto like a sixth-rounder? Something like that. In this scenario, I feel like whatever team is helping here is getting a late-round pick not much else, if anything at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I don't even think you have to go that far (on the picks).

1. If Kane says NY or bust, they're fucked. Davidson is gonna push for the best deal possible, and the best deal possible is going to be a conditions-based return plus like, Kravtsov.

2. The Wild just helped Toronto get O'Reilly with double retention and it cost Toronto like a sixth-rounder? Something like that. In this scenario, I feel like whatever team is helping here is getting a late-round pick not much else, if anything at all.

Yup. The price to be a "bank" has been set by Minnesota, but Minnesota and O'Reilly was a weird case. O'Reilly is only due 74k from the Wild. Kane would be due 182K from any team who holds 25% of the hit. 

Since 75K got the Wild a 4th, I'd guess that a 3rd would do the trick for 182k

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Yup. The price to be a "bank" has been set by Minnesota, but Minnesota and O'Reilly was a weird case. O'Reilly is only due 74k from the Wild. Kane would be due 182K from any team who holds 25% of the hit. 

Since 75K got the Wild a 4th, I'd guess that a 3rd would do the trick for 182k

Sure, maybe. Montreal is probably of interest here given the recent 32 Thoughts blog.

If the Rangers need to move salary and are willing to move prospects, I could see Jeff Gorton (who knows them well) interested.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/32-thoughts-a-trade-deadline-check-in-on-each-nhl-team/

So you can basically keep the fourth or fifth-rounder and then make up the difference by giving the Habs someone Gorton still likes (presumably someone he drafted).

• Believe 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Sure, maybe. Montreal is probably of interest here given the recent 32 Thoughts blog.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/32-thoughts-a-trade-deadline-check-in-on-each-nhl-team/

So you can basically keep the fourth or fifth-rounder and then make up the difference by giving the Habs someone Gorton still likes (presumably someone he drafted).

Yup. A guy like Pajuniemi perhaps.

Just now, The Dude said:

It's Gorton. He's probably not going to want to help the team that fired him. He'd probably ask for Jones. 

Eh, you can't have too much spite in this business. At that level, you almost have to run into people who fired you or that you fired. I wouldn't think much about that, especially if he thinks he can get a guy he thinks highly of for what amounts to retaining 1/5 of an ELC.

I said previously I can't see how this ends up happening. Think I'm wrong

and honestly, if the asking price is super low, I pull the trigger. Kane controls the situation and he doesn't owe Chicago anything at all and he's earned the right to ask for an out on his terms. 

those 4 lines get me rock hard NGL

31 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Kreider-Zib-Tarasenko

Panarin-Trocheck-Kane

Laf-Chytil-Kakko

Motte-Goodrow-Vesey

• JIMMY! 1

59 minutes ago, Phil said:

56 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Yeah. I'm going to hop on this train as well. Too much smoke, and if he gets it down, Drury will have put together the most talented team in the history of this franchise. Anything but a Cup would be a failure.

29 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Twitter is going pretty nuts with rumors right now. Even Valiquette hopped on.

Fuck it!!  All aboard!!!  We're going for this, I think.  Slide over guys, once Valley gets his spidey-senses going, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion!

I'll be the first to say, "Welcome Patrick Kane to the Wild Kingdom of Ranger-ville!!"

• Believe 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Fuck it!!  All aboard!!!  We're going for this, I think.  Slide over guys, once Valley gets his spidey-senses going, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion!

I'll be the first to say, "Welcome Patrick Kane to the Wild Kingdom of Ranger-ville!!"

Man, if Kane comes here and can play in time for the game vs. the Kings Sunday evening, the game will be even more bananas than when Tarasenko played his first game.  

• VINNY! 1

55 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Kreider-Zib-Tarasenko

Panarin-Trocheck-Kane

Laf-Chytil-Kakko

Motte-Goodrow-Vesey

Lindgren-Fox

Miller-Trouba

Mikkola-Schneider

Shesterkin

Yeah, that'd be the most talented team we've ever had1 and we should ensure that in four hours, each and every one of us is either safe or heads to a doctor to relieve the pressure.

200.gif Celebration Reaction GIF by Barstool Sports Orgasm Nut GIF by Giffffr orgasm love GIF

• LMFAO 1
  • JIMMY! 1

4 minutes ago, Flynn said:

I don't believe Kane is a a top 3 "need" right now, but holy shit would this be fun.   

I’m not saying he is or he isn’t.

But the fact is that as good as we are and as good as we look, the East is a war zone. Boston is having an historic season, Toronto has put together their own little All-Star team, Tampa hasn’t been beat by an Eastern Conference team in the playoffs since 2019, the Hurricanes are a well oiled machine and the Devils are young, fast and hungry.

All of the teams I just mentioned are powerhouse teams and all feel they could go the distance. Rightfully so.

At this point, take a fucking major hack and try and go for it.

Kane and Tarasenko are both known playoff monsters too.

• JIMMY! 1
  • Believe 1

While I think this definitely could happen by the deadline, I don’t see it being a here and now thing today. I doubt that he’s flying to Dallas for a game tonight and that this major talk with Davidson will happen/has happened AND that a deal came together this fast.

Maybe the talk finally happened, and Kane let it be known to get the Rangers back on the phone.

When Kane is a healthy scratch, we’ll know.

Edited by RichieNextel305

7 minutes ago, Flynn said:

I don't believe Kane is a a top 3 "need" right now, but holy shit would this be fun.   

Maybe not the biggest need. But I gotta tell you I am WAY more confident with him being added to the lineup than any 4th line upgrade or anything like that.

if we add Kane with only subtracting the likes of Kravstov and Lyschesin off of the current roster, we become immediate cup favorites, no question about it. 

I've said before that my ideal trade deadline is adding a 4th line helper (we got Motte) and a depth defenseman (because everyone needs a Dman at the deadline) but I will be happy to have Harpur end up in a few playoff games if it means our 4 lines look the way they would if this happens.

• Believe 1

would be exciting and all, but here's the biggest issue going "all in" with kane:

if we run into teams in the playoffs who play faster, stronger, and hem us in our own end for whole periods at a time (like we saw at least half if not most of last playoffs), it won't make a whole lot of difference how much talent we have... we'll get knocked out, eventually, and be saying that we need to drastically change the makeup of this team going forward...except we'll have given up a bunch of pieces (draft picks, prospects etc.) that we would need to try and make some kind of meaningful change.

the focus ought to be on getting the current team to play more cohesively, confidently, and with the style needed to succeed at playoff hockey

Edited by Jdog99
  • Applause 1

53 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

would be exciting and all, but here's the biggest issue going "all in" with kane:

if we run into teams in the playoffs who play faster, stronger, and hem us in our own end for whole periods at a time (like we saw at least half if not most of last playoffs), it won't make a whole lot of difference how much talent we have... we'll get knocked out, eventually, and be saying that we need to drastically change the makeup of this team going forward...except we'll have given up a bunch of pieces (draft picks, prospects etc.) that we would need to try and make some kind of meaningful change.

the focus ought to be on getting the current team to play more cohesively, confidently, and with the style needed to succeed at playoff hockey

Bravo. Well said.

1 hour ago, Jdog99 said:

I got you, until the bolded. 

If your scenario plays out, the only drastic change needed would be a coaching change. And that doesn't require picks and prospects. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I have to think Kane would finish a lot more of these chances that Vesey is getting fed by Panarin. Vesey is getting glorious opportunities and not finishing enough. Looks like Gauthier out there at this point.

This was Vally's insight on the latest episode of his podcast. He basically said, good as Vesey has been, he doesn't inspire confidence that he'll convert when you need him to in the playoffs. Kane does.

• Like 1