• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

Maybe he should start taking some guidance from some of the older people in his life who are trying to make him a better player instead of thinking he knows what's best. 

Yeah…

Funny thing about youth… it’s wasted on the young

• Like 1

Kravtsov is set to be an RFA. There's very little stopping him from refusing to sign until he's dealt or just outright signing a new KHL deal. Maybe relations are better that you can convince him to stay, but I'd be doubtful. There's not really any room for him in the top 9 and his preference is top 6.

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with Panarin and Strome over Kakko when he gets back just from a pure offensive standpoint.  Tough to find room for everyone in this lineup now.  

CK - Zib - Laf

Panarin - Strome - Krav
Vatrano - Copp - Kakko/Chytil
Motte - Goody - Rooney/Reaves

extras - Brodzinski, Hunt, whoever doesn't play the 3&4RW

Rotate as necessary.

ORRRRRRR....not that I want to really reward this kid for leaving his team, but, again this is just purely from an offensive standpoint.  Laf has said he's been enjoying his time back on the left so they could go with

CK - Zib - Krav

Panarin - Strome - Kakko

Laf - Copp - Chytil

Mott - Goody - Vatrano

rotate the others in as necessary.

2 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Kravtsov is set to be an RFA. There's very little stopping him from refusing to sign until he's dealt or just outright signing a new KHL deal. Maybe relations are better that you can convince him to stay, but I'd be doubtful. There's not really any room for him in the top 9 and his preference is top 6.

Did the Rangers add a long term solution to RW that I missed? There's absolutely room for him in the top 6. Unless they are going with Blais? 

17 hours ago, The Dude said:

Did the Rangers add a long term solution to RW that I missed? There's absolutely room for him in the top 6. Unless they are going with Blais? 

Are we talking presently? Or beyond this year?

Sorry… I’m confused by what you both mean?

3 hours ago, G1000 said:

There's absolutely room for Kravtsov on this team. We have 1 RW signed for 2022 and it's Ryan Reaves. Kakko and Blais will both be back in all likelihood. 

Id bet Kakko goes this summer. Vatrano has showed more in 2 games than we got for most of Kakkos season thus far.

Who will cost more?!?! Legitimately I have zero cap knowledge.

Just now, jsm7302 said:

Id bet Kakko goes this summer. Vatrano has showed more in 2 games than we got for most of Kakkos season thus far.

Who will cost more?!?! Legitimately I have zero cap knowledge.

One will be $4m, one will be close to league min. 

and what about the other 4 games Vatrano played in?

4 minutes ago, josh said:

One will be $4m, one will be close to league min. 

and what about the other 4 games Vatrano played in?

No, he won't.

Vatrano will probably earn anywhere between $3.5 and $4.5 million per on a multi-year extension, yes. Kakko, if for no other reason than draft pedigree, will still see a raise, likely in the $2M to $2.5 million x 2 range.

I don't think Kakko's going anyplace, anytime soon.  He's not going to cost a lot I don't think.  He hasn't really done shit yet that warrants a huge increse...or maybe any at all for that matter.

I have a feeling Drury is going to make this shit all fly....Vatrano and Copp included.  After seeing what Dru did at the deadline, I believe he's the kinda GM that can eat six apples and shit a fruit salad! 

• LOL 1

Just now, Phil said:

No, he won't.

Vatrano will probably earn anywhere between $3.5 and $4.5 million per on a multi-year extension, yes. Kakko, if for no other reason than draft pedigree, will still see a raise, likely in the $2M to $2.5 million x 2 range.

Whoops, thought it was Kravtsov 

Kravtsov won't either. RFA this summer. Call me crazy, but any new deal of his is probably coming with a "fuck you" tax applied. Probably a one-year deal worth just under $2M as punishment for how he feels he's been treated.

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

Kravtsov won't either. RFA this summer. Call me crazy, but any new deal of his is probably coming with a "fuck you" tax applied. Probably a one-year deal worth just under $2M as punishment for how he feels he's been treated.

Maybe via offer sheet. Drury won’t offer that. 

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

I mean, I still don't think he ever plays a game for the Rangers again, but yeah.

Yeah. I don’t either honestly. I don’t think anyone really does. But again… you never know.

But he’s a bit more in a corner than I think he’d like to admit.

He really hurt his stock and value and honestly, even on the cheap, if you’re an NHL GM, are you running to trade for him?

Performing in the KHL only does so much to raise your stock. How many teams actually want him? Cause he could’ve been had 4-6 months ago, yet he’s still here. 

And at this point, with it being this fractured, Drury could honestly say screw it and do nothing. You’ve already lost, so what difference does it make? Plus, Drury isn’t on the hook for him. He didn’t draft the kid. So there’s no vested interested or anything like that.

I think this summer, you do take one more serious run at fixing things. You kind of have to. Whatever else, he’s still just a 22 year-old kid with so little NA experience. Maybe he’s grown up some? Maybe his agent can talk some sense into him? Maybe the organization apologizes even though they don’t really owe him that?

Maybe, maybe, maybe… but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

You reach out to his agent, try to establish a heavy line of communication, and in the meantime, you have guys like Panarin and Kreider reach out to him. Then you see what happens.

If it goes nowhere, then you look at your options and re-assess. 

• VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Ehhh I dunno about a AAV hike for Kravtsov. More likely I would expect sticking points to be either:

1) One way contract only. Guarantee him a spot on the club or waive/trade.

2) If two way contract, guarantee all or most of his salary in Hartford should he be sent there.

8 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Ehhh I dunno about a AAV hike for Kravtsov. More likely I would expect sticking points to be either:

2) If two way contract, guarantee all or most of his salary in Hartford should he be sent there.

I'm sure there's bound to be a handful of sticking points but for clarification.

A one-way contract doesn't guarantee him a NHL roster spot, it does guarantee him his NHL money should he be sent to Hartford.  It's essentially a two-way with NHL money regardless. Questions don't all one-way contracts count against the cap regardless of where the player is up or down?

If so I can't see them offering him that when they're going to be up against the cap.

Paying him even if it were league min. to play in Hartford would be a mistake.  I too think he's done here.

Edited by jsrangers

1 minute ago, jsrangers said:

I'm sure there's bound to be a handful of sticking points but for clarification.

A one-way contract doesn't guarantee him a NHL roster spot, it does guarantee him his NHL money should he be sent to Hartford.  I can't see them offering him that when they're going to be up against the cap. Paying him even if it were league min. to play in Hartford would be a mistake.  I too think he's done here.

Who knows, maybe that $70k AHL salary actually looks good with the ruble tanking

• Cheers 1

I just edited my post I'm not sure if all one-way contracts hit the cap regardless of where the player is or if it's just money spent if they send him down.  I would think it's a precedent they would avoid though with a guy who hasn't proven anything yet and with his past issues here.  There usually for vet guys who's odds are fairly high they're going to stick at the NHL level based on their track record, no?

I could be dead wrong.  Haven't had crow in a few days now.

56 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Agree wholeheartedly on that bit. His current deal is a stark NHL/AHL difference. NHL base salary of like $830K versus AHL base of $70K.