• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

19 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I agree with this. But when almost every EU prospect we've had the last 5-6 years either busts or want out of the org there's obviously a problem here. Just closing our eyes and blaming the 19/20/21 y olds trying to adapt to a new country and culture is not helping anyone.

Maybe. Or maybe they were just not very good picks.

• Keeps it 100 1

24 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

But when almost every EU prospect we've had the last 5-6 years either busts or want out of the org there's obviously a problem here.

Again this isn't true.  Are we calling Chtyil a bust?  So are fellow first rounders that year Tolvanen, Kostin, Vesalainen, Valimaki, Vaakanainen, and Brannstrom.  Where's Dominik Bokk, Filip Johansson, Rasmus Kupari, Martin Kaut, or Grigri Denisenko from the Lundkvist draft class?

This isn't a Rangers issue.  Sometimes prospects don't work out.  Sometimes it takes Euro players a while to adjust to the North American game. 

Edited by Long live the King

In my opinion need a Kravtsov (assuming he's developed further in Russia and would produce on the 2nd or 3rd line) to preserve some of this lineup going into next season. Unless Cuylle or Othmann are ready to go, we're gonna need some more ELCs on this roster. I hope they patch things up because we did see promise in Kravtsov and I don't care if they bring him over this season but next season would be nice to have a cheap contract with some upside on the roster.

4 minutes ago, Tonybologna said:

In my opinion need a Kravtsov (assuming he's developed further in Russia and would produce on the 2nd or 3rd line) to preserve some of this lineup going into next season. Unless Cuylle or Othmann are ready to go, we're gonna need some more ELCs on this roster. I hope they patch things up because we did see promise in Kravtsov and I don't care if they bring him over this season but next season would be nice to have a cheap contract with some upside on the roster.

Honestly, at this point, Krav doesn't have a spot here unless one of Laf or Kakko are traded.  

If it were in the realm of possibility for him to join the team, doubt he'd be happy on the 3rd line.

Edited by Long live the King

8 minutes ago, Tonybologna said:

I mean, I don't really agree. I think they have the ELCs they're going to need, because those players are going to be bottom-six types. They're pretty much fully committed to Lafreniere and Kakko in the top-six. I'm not sure Kravtsov is going to be in any hurry to compete for 3RW with no PP time.

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

No, but Zucc did. I don't remember the huge backlash with that. Didn't hear anything about him "quitting on the team".

They didn't waste a very high pick on Zucc.

Imagine we had Wahlstrom instead?

59 minutes ago, Phil said:

Maybe. I'm a big Occam's razor kind of guy. Simplest solution is usually the correct one. They just weren't great picks.

Or, when you spent a majority of your early picks on players from overseas who make up a decidedly small part of the NHL players, you're likely to see those players not make the NHL because the NHL is predominantly NA. That's not a Rangers thing, it's an NHL thing.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Kravtsov would be putting up 60 points per on the Island and Wahlstrim would have a long ass thread about his lazy fat ass never cracking the rangers lineup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Or, when you spent a majority of your early picks on players from overseas who make up a decidedly small part of the NHL players, you're likely to see those players not make the NHL because the NHL is predominantly NA. That's not a Rangers thing, it's an NHL thing.

That, too, which is a geographic thing. Hockey is a Canadian product that expanded, so it's entirely natural that Canada and the U.S. (being geographic neighbors) would make up the overwhelming majority of professional players.

Just now, Pete said:

How is that relevant? They both bailed on AHL to play in the KHL because they felt they were too good for the AHL. One is a crybaby and the other is loved by everyone.

The guy with 1 point in his last 10 and is having a worse season this year than last? Don't need to imagine how that's like, we got the same guy in Chytil.

29 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

How is that relevant? They both bailed on AHL to play in the KHL because they felt they were too good for the AHL. One is a crybaby and the other is loved by everyone.

The guy with 1 point in his last 10 and is having a worse season this year than last? Don't need to imagine how that's like, we got the same guy in Chytil.

I didn't think I needed to say this, but the Islanders are a bad team, that doesn't make Wahlstrom a bad player. Now that we have that out of the way...

How is it relevant? Come on, dude they spent a top 10 pick on the guy. If you can't see how that's different than some undrafted player that cost nothing but money, I don't know what to tell you. It's apples and oranges.

Oh, and Zucc came back and was a gamer, broke his hand blocking a shot, showed he wanted to play here.

Do you think anyone would have ever given 2 shits about Zucc if he didn't win hearts and minds? VK isn't doing that.

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Phil said:

That, too, which is a geographic thing. Hockey is a Canadian product that expanded, so it's entirely natural that Canada and the U.S. (being geographic neighbors) would make up the overwhelming majority of professional players.

I think the mistake they are making is bringing these kids over too early. Clearly there aren't many 18 year old tops picks who can step right in, forget Euro players even at 21.

Let them stay and develop emotional maturity as well as physical maturity. Then be that team who starts everyone in the AHL. #1OA? AHL. 5th rounder? AHL.

I'd rather have the Kaprizov type who comes over D+6 and makes an immediate impact than whatever Kravtsov and Andersson are doing.

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I think the mistake they are making is bringing these kids over too early. Clearly there aren't many 18 year old tops picks who can step right in, forget Euro players even at 21.

Let them stay and develop emotional maturity as well as physical maturity. Then be that team who starts everyone in the AHL. #1OA? AHL. 5th rounder? AHL.

I'd rather have the Kaprizov type who comes over D+6 and makes an immediate impact than whatever Kravtsov and Andersson are doing.

Yeah, asset management. That’s what we’ve been saying for years. 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's not what you've been saying at all but OK.

"Hartford sucks" repeated over and over isn't that. 

Huh? 

so I complain about asset management, and that’s not the same as saying Hartford sucks? (Which is poor asset management) 

1 hour ago, josh said:

Huh? 

so I complain about asset management, and that’s not the same as saying Hartford sucks? (Which is poor asset management) 

No. Some players will need to go there to get better or acclimate. Having all your draft picks skip your AHL team isn't "asset management".