• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

1 minute ago, Morphinity said:

Drury is just trying to salvage whatever value he can so he can hopefully trade him before next season. There's no way he's playing for the Rangers. This has been said time and time again by multiple people in the know. 

Did those people say no way he EVER plays for the Rangers or did they say THIS season? I'm not being facetious I legitimately don't remember. Realistically I don't blame a guy for saying he doesnt want to play in the AHL if he can just play in his home country in a top league for a lot of money too. Handled poorly, fine. But if it CAN be repaired then no reason not to. Hell, I'd take him as a black ace in the playoffs

Would be really weird from the org if this is all it takes to "never play for the org again". We obviously don't know everything that's happened behind closed doors, but there's been a lot worse stuff happening than a player wanting to play at home rather than in the AHL. Zucc basically did the same thing. He felt he was better than the AHL and went to KHL to "prove himself". Worked out perfectly well for everyone involved.

12 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Did those people say no way he EVER plays for the Rangers or did they say THIS season? I'm not being facetious I legitimately don't remember. Realistically I don't blame a guy for saying he doesnt want to play in the AHL if he can just play in his home country in a top league for a lot of money too. Handled poorly, fine. But if it CAN be repaired then no reason not to. Hell, I'd take him as a black ace in the playoffs

The impression I got from Mercogliano is the bridge is burned, there's no chance for a comeback ever. 

15 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

4 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Would be really weird from the org if this is all it takes to "never play for the org again". We obviously don't know everything that's happened behind closed doors, but there's been a lot worse stuff happening than a player wanting to play at home rather than in the AHL. Zucc basically did the same thing. He felt he was better than the AHL and went to KHL to "prove himself". Worked out perfectly well for everyone involved.

It’s hard to see it getting fixed but you never know. Obviously if he’s still in the organization, anything is possible 

31 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I think this situation is a little more than "a player wanting to play at home".

What’s clear is that the 21-year-old forward feels slighted by what he perceives as false promises. What’s also clear is that the Rangers are unwilling to acquiesce to a player whose development they feel is far from complete, both physically and in terms of his maturation.

The Rangers believe they made it clear that Kravtsov would be back quickly if he played well, but the young forward didn't see it that way. Rather resolving to prove them wrong and force his way back up, he informed the team he wants out. This, the organization believes, reflects a lack of accountability.

➡️ https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2021/10/16/how-ny-rangers-and-vitali-kravtsov-reached-their-breaking-point/8472113002/

Vitali Kravtsov is in Russia, preparing for a trade that may not happen soon and unwilling to return to North America unless the Rangers move him, according to two league sources.

Sources say that when Kravtsov went to retrieve his gear and say his goodbyes to Wolfpack teammates and staff, Drury told Kravtsov that he’d “quit” on the team.

He joined the Rangers in the Toronto bubble for the team’s brief 2020 playoff appearance and there was, again according to multiple sources, an incident between Kravtsov and Drury in which the young forward was dressed down by the then-assistant GM for not working hard enough. That happened on the ice in full view of teammates.

There was a contentious exit meeting last spring between Drury and Kravtsov, with sources indicating that Drury and the Rangers were concerned about Kravtsov’s conditioning. The player was ready to head back to Russia and wasn’t willing to listen.

In the offseason, the Rangers dealt Pavel Buchnevich, a popular player not only on the team at large but with the smaller group of Russian players. Buchnevich took the most interest in trying to help Kravtsov get acclimated to life as a Ranger, according to sources, so Kravtsov took the Buchnevich trade hard.

“All of those things probably put in the kid’s head that they wanted him out,” a source said.

➡️ https://theathletic.com/2897437/2021/10/19/inside-the-rangers-vitali-kravtsov-divorce-why-they-cant-make-it-work-and-what-comes-next/--

--

Never say never, I guess, but in Kravtsov's case, I'm really struggling not to.

Honestly none of that sounds so bad tbh.

Besides probably the fact that Drury goes and tell the team that a 21 year old "quit on the team" after Drury himself demoted him from said team. Or that the same 21 year old who speaks bad english gets "dressed down" by the GM on the ice in front of the entire team.

Anyway, we've been over this for 50 pages lol. The team is playing great and we've got a lot of new faces here now, so fuck this kid [for now].

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

52 minutes ago, Phil said:

Time heals a lot. Im not seeing how quotes from October show much of anything in late March. I don’t think he plays here this year but we shall see how a few summer conversations go I’d guess. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Phil said:

is Drury not accepting of cultural differences regarding athletes around the world and does he have expectations that are new to these young multicultural athletes? In late teens and early twenties most idiots believe they know everything (we've all been there). Without identifying and accepting cultural differences, we could see what transpired here.

Maybe we need a better transition team for young players coming from abroad? Instead of picking the guy apart, maybe it is an organizational issue. I went to a leadership class where it was broken down to identify all employee issues coming down to willful disregard of rules or organization failure to propel employee success whether that be lack of training, lack of knowledge, etc.

Id be interested to hear a third parties point of view who has ALL of the info and knows both parties.

• The Chyt! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Honestly none of that sounds so bad tbh.

Besides probably the fact that Drury goes and tell the team that a 21 year old "quit on the team" after Drury himself demoted him from said team. Or that the same 21 year old who speaks bad english gets "dressed down" by the GM on the ice in front of the entire team.

Anyway, we've been over this for 50 pages lol. The team is playing great and we've got a lot of new faces here now, so fuck this kid [for now].

I think there’s been other comments from both sides between then and now too. Reconciliation type comments. Whether it was for show or not who knows.

Edited by rmc51

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

is Drury not accepting of cultural differences regarding athletes around the world and does he have expectations that are new to these young multicultural athletes? In late teens and early twenties most idiots believe they know everything (we've all been there). Without identifying and accepting cultural differences, we could see what transpired here.

Maybe we need a better transition team for young players coming from abroad? Instead of picking the guy apart, maybe it is an organizational issue. I went to a leadership class where it was broken down to identify all employee issues coming down to willful disregard of rules or organization failure to propel employee success whether that be lack of training, lack of knowledge, etc.

Id be interested to hear a third parties point of view who has ALL of the info and knows both parties.

This is a very interesting thought. I'm not sure I have deep, thoughtful additions or anything like that, but there is this almost uncanny consistency with the Rangers having trouble integrating young non-NA players into the roster, and I'm now quite curious to know the answers to these questions.

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Time heals a lot. Im not seeing how quotes from October show much of anything in late March. I don’t think he plays here this year but we shall see how a few summer conversations go I’d guess. 

Maybe. Like I said, never say never, but this was ugly.

8 minutes ago, G1000 said:

This is a very interesting thought. I'm not sure I have deep, thoughtful additions or anything like that, but there is this almost uncanny consistency with the Rangers having trouble integrating young non-NA players into the roster, and I'm now quite curious to know the answers to these questions.

Do they?  Shesty.  Buch.  Kakko.  Chytil.  Fast.  Anisimov.  Zucc.  Hank.

Just because Andersson and Kravtsov have attitude/maturity issues =/= the Rangers having trouble integrating young non-NA players into the roster

7 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Do they?  Shesty.  Buch.  Kakko.  Chytil.  Fast.  Anisimov.  Zucc.  Hank.

Just because Andersson and Kravtsov have attitude/maturity issues =/= the Rangers having trouble integrating young non-NA players into the roster

No one knows. Literally.

4 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

No one knows literally what?  Andersson and Kravtsov having issues doesn't erase all the euros before them.

If you have a co-worker that struggles with tasks that others do proficiently; is he/she a problem and it is their fault because everyone else does it fine? Or is there possible individual issues that may contribute to their hardship?

No one knows the answer because it really isn't anyone's business. Maybe they need tools or assistance that the majority do not and maybe they have a higher ceiling than the rest that do certain tasks more proficiently than they do.

It is all hypothetical but I think that clarifies that each situation is individual and some need more assistance than others.

And yes, that would be  categorized as an organizational failure.

Edited by jsm7302

4 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

No one knows literally what?  Andersson and Kravtsov having issues doesn't erase all the euros before them.

Meh. It's not only them.

Kakko - https://bluelinestation.com/2019/10/23/new-york-rangers-kaapo-kakko-not-happy/

Chytil still hasn't progressed at all. Now I'm not saying that's on the org, but he's not a success story either.

Zucc was really upset he never got the chance with the NHL and "ran away" to the KHL to prove he was good enough. That's a zucc success story, not a Rangers success story.

Lundkvist has struggled in the beginning. That's on him to be fair, but it's a part of the pattern here.

Reunanen and Pajunemi never even got a chance.

Goalies live their own life, so I'm not sure Hank and Igor should be included here.

Now I'm not blaiming anyone here, but it seems like that there is some kind of problem with euros adapting in this organization.

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

We really need to stop comparing corporations to athletic teams. They're not at all the same thing.

40 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Meh. It's not only them.

Kakko - https://bluelinestation.com/2019/10/23/new-york-rangers-kaapo-kakko-not-happy/

Chytil still hasn't progressed at all. Now I'm not saying that's on the org, but he's not a success story either.

Zucc was really upset he never got the chance with the NHL and "ran away" to the KHL to prove he was good enough. That's a zucc success story, not a Rangers success story.

Lundkvist has struggled in the beginning. That's on him to be fair, but it's a part of the pattern here.

Reunanen and Pajunemi never even got a chance.

Goalies live their own life, so I'm not sure Hank and Igor should be included here.

Now I'm not blaiming anyone here, but it seems like that there is some kind of problem with euros adapting in this organization.

The deficiencies in Chytil's game are well discussed here.  He's still outproduce all but like 3 forwards drafted after him.  He'd spent time in Hartford without running back to Europe.

Lundkvist is in his first season in NA.  21 years old.  what is the issue with how he's been handled? 

Reunanen and Pajuniemi are 4th/5th round picks.  You don't just get a chance.  You need to earn it.  The org hasn't seen enough to promote them over other players.  At the same time Reunanen is now in his second year in Hartford and hasn't left to go back to Finland.

A prospect's ability to contribute to an NHL team is a totally different thing than "euros adapting".  All these kids are adapting just fine, they just aren't good enough hockey players to make a difference on one of the top teams in the NHL.

3 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

He'd spent time in Hartford without running back to Europe.

He's played 10 AHL games more than Krav.

Kakko is well documented that has struggled with adapting. So Andersson, Kakko, Kravtsov. 3 top 10 picks in 4 years. The jury is still out on Chytil and Lundkvist.  There's obviously a pattern here.

6 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

without running back to Europe.

6 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

hasn't left to go back to Finland.

No, but Zucc did. I don't remember the huge backlash with that. Didn't hear anything about him "quitting on the team".

8 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

A prospect's ability to contribute to an NHL team is a totally different thing than "euros adapting".  All these kids are adapting just fine, they just aren't good enough hockey players to make a difference on one of the top teams in the NHL.

I agree with this. But when almost every EU prospect we've had the last 5-6 years either busts or want out of the org there's obviously a problem here. Just closing our eyes and blaming the 19/20/21 y olds trying to adapt to a new country and culture is not helping anyone.

• Like 1