• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

22 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Going to be quite a trip for him to get out of Russia since a lot of countries have closed their airspace to Russian planes.  Probably will have to fly to India then hop another plane to get to the US.  

This kid wouldn't take an Uber from Westchester to Hartford.

• LMFAO 1

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Yeah, he'll need to hop multiple flights to do it, but he can be recalled at any time. Shouldn't be an issue ... for his next team.

Doesn't he have a contract with Tracktor to the end of April. plus this contract stipulated that he cannot be recalled until the end of the season/play off? But you're correct, that's a headache for his next US team...

34 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

Doesn't he have a contract with Tracktor to the end of April. plus this contract stipulated that he cannot be recalled until the end of the season/play off? But you're correct, that's a headache for his next US team...

The Traktor contract only mattered when the NHL and KHL had an agreement.

29 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

The Traktor contract only mattered when the NHL and KHL had an agreement.

Not a likely bridge to burn and who knows it he will even leave with all going on over there now. He took me as a homesick kid and I think that is why he keeps jetting back there. 

19 hours ago, Long live the King said:

All depends on if he want's to get paid real money or rubles that keep losing value.

That, and how likely it is that he can get across the Russian border to a country where he can take a flight to the USA.

He’s a selfish kid who grew up in the middle of nowhere where there’s nothing to do and he doesn’t matter.

If he’s got half a brain, he’ll get out of Russia now, beg the Rangers to take him back , and play for the rock bottom price of $800k … or he can live in a Baku piss house making $225 a week 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Since Kravtsov wasnt traded do NYR brass think they can clear the air with him during the offseason and start fresh?  trade him during the summer?  or let him rot in Russia?  

He will be needed on the RW as cap relief lol

Time heals all wounds...or so they say.

We'll see.  I still think some guys may have a little beef with him.  Winning seems to cure a lot of that though.  I'm curious to see how this shakes out.  Could be Drury knows this kid may return, and didn't acquire a "Kessel" type, knowing he'd need a spot for Kravvy.

Funny thing I watched on NHL Now last night...(for something other than Jackie Redmond's outfit), Ken Daneyko and Dave Reid were talking about DeBrusk's wanting to be traded.  They went into when they themselves went into their respective GM's and asked for more playing time and to do more.

Daneyko had the best input saying that Lou basically told him that "this is an orchestra, and everyone plays their instrument to the best of their ability for the betterment of the music".  He went on to say the Lou asked him if he was a "drummer" or a "lead Violinist".  Lou told him, "On this team, I need you to be a drummer and to focus on being the best drummer ever".  If not he could call around the league and see who's looking for a lead violinist!  Daneyko laughed and said he realized that he wasn't a "lead violinist" and once he realized that his role was to be a tough, stay-at-home defenseman, he found his niche and the team was better for it.

Reid jumped in and said that all too often these kids think they're way better than they actually are.  He also said it's very common, especially nowadays and he himself was in the same line of thinking, until he realized his role as well.  Pretty entertaining segment too!!

Kravvy I think, falls right into this.  Do you cut the kid some slack, or do these veteran players come to realize that this is "just a kid" and they can "fix" his attitude playing alongside him, and teach him the "right way".

I guess we'll find out because the time is coming where we'll find out what's cooking with #74.