• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

I know the common thought is that the ship has sailed but maybe this debacle has humbled him a bit. Or maybe not. Who knows. Regardless, either way, the best scenario for both camps is an invite and see where it goes. 

If he’s a problem child on return then his already sealed fate of a dump is just confirmed. If he appreciates the opportunity and maybe surprises a person or two, he increases his trade value or realizes his mistakes and humbles with his role here. 

our locker room is strong enough with both veterans and a couple of Russians that can guide him along the way that I believe it’s worth the risk. 

give the invite and if we get stood up then nothing lost in the end. Having this happen with playoffs so early for the khl is a blessing if Traktor gets eliminated early. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 2

22 hours ago, Pete said:

The ship has sailed on Kravtsov. All he's shown is that when the world doesn't go his way, he packs it in and goes home....plus shitting on his teammates on the way out.

Would you want to go to war in the playoffs with that guy? 

the Irony that we will be "going to war" against a few of "with that guy?" on the Hurricanes. 🤣 lets just throw Kravtsov to the canes and pay him to play for them while we're at it. -- Lets keep up that strategy along with the wasted 1st rounders. 

• Applause 1

3 hours ago, Winter said:

the Irony that we will be "going to war" against a few of "with that guy?" on the Hurricanes. 🤣 lets just throw Kravtsov to the canes and pay him to play for them while we're at it. -- Lets keep up that strategy along with the wasted 1st rounders. 

The Hurricanes showed what kind of room and leadership they have as they have absorbed DeAngelo with zero issues…and he’s rewarded them with about a point per game production. Perfect replacement for them to Dougie Hamilton for pennies on the dollar.

And Fast who Gorton let go over pennies. How good would Fast look in our bottom 6 right now? Just another reason Gorton is out. For all the good he did, the bad really started to pile up. It’s like he is good at asset collection, but potentially subpar at the rest.

5 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

The Hurricanes showed what kind of room and leadership they have as they have absorbed DeAngelo with zero issues…and he’s rewarded them with about a point per game production. Perfect replacement for them to Dougie Hamilton for pennies on the dollar.

And Fast who Gorton let go over pennies. How good would Fast look in our bottom 6 right now? Just another reason Gorton is out. For all the good he did, the bad really started to pile up. It’s like he is good at asset collection, but potentially subpar at the rest.

Yup. Just a very well-run front office, albeit, perhaps a bit cheap.

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yup. Just a very well-run front office, albeit, perhaps a bit cheap.

https://theathletic.com/3086187/2022/02/03/nhl-agent-survey-opinions-on-teams-owners-gary-bettman-donald-fehr-olympics-and-more/

The Athletic Agent Poll:

Screen-Shot-2022-01-31-at-8.59.16-PM.png

In Carolina, Tom Dundon is one of the NHL’s newest owners, having bought the team in 2018. He has quickly gained a reputation as a shrewd businessman who is willing to spend on player salaries and not much else.

“He’s lucky he has a great coach that really only wanted to coach in Carolina, otherwise he would have been bitten in the ass much sooner. And I still think it’ll bite him in the ass soon.”

“The GM is also the team president. Those are two different very important jobs, and he has one person do both to save a bit of money. I think that tells you everything you need to know.”

The DeAngelo reference really has nothing to do with Kravtsov. He was going to a new team. Kravtsov not only quit on his team, but was quoted as saying he was a better player than some guys who made the roster.

Not really sure you come back from that, to the same team, doesn't really matter how "strong" the leadership is.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

The DeAngelo reference really has nothing to do with Kravtsov. He was going to a new team. Kravtsov not only quit on his team, but was quoted as saying he was a better player than some guys who made the roster.

Not really sure you come back from that, to the same team, doesn't really matter how "strong" the leadership is.

The "quitting on his team" resonates more with me, Pete.  The whole, "I'm better than that guy" shit I can live with though.  I like that kinda confidence in a player, myself...but yeah, I'd have a little bur in my saddle with this kid if he quit on my ass.

I dunno, maybe I'd look into a second chance if he really was "just being a kid" doing baby shit.  Maybe I could kinda sweep it under the rug for one last chance, but I'll bet there may be a few guys that can't.....and won't.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The "quitting on his team" resonates more with me, Pete.  The whole, "I'm better than that guy" shit I can live with though.  I like that kinda confidence in a player, myself...but yeah, I'd have a little bur in my saddle with this kid if he quit on my ass.

I dunno, maybe I'd look into a second chance if he really was "just being a kid" doing baby shit.  Maybe I could kinda sweep it under the rug for one last chance, but I'll bet there may be a few guys that can't.....and won't.

As soon as you start pointing at other players saying "What about him, I'm better than him" it's just ugly. 

Especially for a guy who was hurt all preseason and played 1.5 games. 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

As soon as you start pointing at other players saying "What about him, I'm better than him" it's just ugly. 

Especially for a guy who was hurt all preseason and played 1.5 games. 

I can see that, for sure.  It's just a shame that he killed his value so much by being a jack off!   We could really get a solid long term solution player for his whiny ass.  Hopefully Drury can sell Ice to Eskimos with this kid in a deal.

I’m more than fine with Kravtsov thinking he’s better than Dryden Hunt (lol). It’s saying it that’s the problem, and I agree.

Given how Drury has blasted Kravtsov in the past though, even prior to this, I have to think they’ve jerked this kid’s chain a bit. I doubt we know the full story, but there’s a bit of a track record at the moment with isolating guys off the team.

I'd like to see how he plays after the long KHL layoff. He wasn't playing very well before the break with a few small injuries and then missed a bunch due to illness. 

Even then, not sure he fits a hole they have going into the playoffs. They need help on the RW - but that's because kakko, Gauthier and Hunt are young and/or inexperienced. 

I've no real issue with saying it. I've got issue with not proving it. That's the problem.

I'm better than X, Y, and Z. But, instead of proving it, and forcing my way onto the roster, I'm going to take my ball and go home.

• VINNY! 1

5 minutes ago, josh said:

I'd like to see how he plays after the long KHL layoff. He wasn't playing very well before the break with a few small injuries and then missed a bunch due to illness. 

Even then, not sure he fits a hole they have going into the playoffs. They need help on the RW - but that's because kakko, Gauthier and Hunt are young and/or inexperienced. 

In Kakko's case, it's more because he's not producing anything, moreso than the experience thing, IMO. 

If he was putting up a 40-50 pt season, we'd be having conversations about bottom 6 players and not too 6 players. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

In Kakko's case, it's more because he's not producing anything, moreso than the experience thing, IMO. 

If he was putting up a 40-50 pt season, we'd be having conversations about bottom 6 players and not too 6 players. 

They'd still  need to add experience on the RW. Kakko's production, or lack of, changes the expected, or needed, offense ability in an acquired player.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Phil said:

I've no real issue with saying it. I've got issue with not proving it. That's the problem.

I'm better than X, Y, and Z. But, instead of proving it, and forcing my way onto the roster, I'm going to take my ball and go home.

Yeah and that’s the crux of the issue. I still think though, the team should extend an olive branch and make the first move. In the end, it helps the organization even if it’s just to bump his trade value a bit. Worst things have been done and said before in the NHL. I have faith in the leadership of this group to try and steer Vitaly in the right direction and I also have just as much trust that if they see it going poorly to end the experiment. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

10 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I just hope he ends up somewhere out west.  I feel like he's going to have a lot of pent up desire to make the Rangers regret not playing him out of camp.  Whether the right choice was made or not, clearly in his mind it wasn't.

Same can be said for Howden, Anderson, ADA, Lemieux etc. Few deliver the goods though.

Even if DeAngelo wasn’t cut, I still don’t think he would be here. He was always likely to be the odd man out. They just messed up not getting anything worthwhile for him. Severely messed up. Now he’s on potentially the team to go through to get to the Cup in Carolina…for pennies on the dollar. Gross.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Even if DeAngelo wasn’t cut, I still don’t think he would be here. He was always likely to be the odd man out. They just messed up not getting anything worthwhile for him. Severely messed up. Now he’s on potentially the team to go through to get to the Cup in Carolina…for pennies on the dollar. Gross.

“They” didn’t, he did, but I agree with the fact that not moving him earlier ended up biting them in the ass. He was rumored out the summer they gave him the extension, and were reportedly shopping him to no avail. My guess is the stars just didn’t align here. He wasn’t good enough consistently enough when they wanted to move him, so they extended him as tensions mounted and it blew up before they could find a deal.