• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

7 minutes ago, josh said:

that was in training camp. Nothings changed. That's the point 

You're right, nothing's changed.. that's why Hunt is on the second line when he broke camp as a fourth liner.

Blais out the year, Kakko hurt earlier, Panarin hurt now. Gauthier bad. 

Hunt totally would have beat out VK for a second line spot, if VK were here right now.

Nothing has changed. 

Edited by Pete

I think both sides made some horrible mistakes and in the end, we all pay for it. After some time with this club, I genuinely believe Gallant when he says he’s learning our makeup as we go. In other words, no handed spots for the most part unless you are seriously established. 

I think there could been some better realistic communication to our highly touted prospect. He deserved. He deserved than as much as ALF deserved to be automatically on the team despite doing nothing. 

But here we are.I don’t care what Krav camp says about never being here. When it’s him time and khl over you invite and expect him to show. Period. 

They can't recall him until after the KHL season is over, and who is to say what our precise needs will be then.  Taking him back then and immediately installing him on the first line would not exactly be a boon to team chemistry.  I'd take him back, but under the same conditions that he bitched about last year: ie, moved around between lines to see what works best.

2 hours ago, Sod16 said:

They can't recall him until after the KHL season is over, and who is to say what our precise needs will be then.  Taking him back then and immediately installing him on the first line would not exactly be a boon to team chemistry.  I'd take him back, but under the same conditions that he bitched about last year: ie, moved around between lines to see what works best.

Probably a better chance of seeing him on Kopitar, McDavid or Matthews RW than Zibanejads. 

• 3 weeks later...

Kravtsov might want to look at Hajek for a tutorial on what to do when you find yourself squeezed out of the lineup.  The season is long, and you are likely to get a chance at some point, including chances with top players.  Hajek has played this right.  By the end of the year, his stock will be higher than it was at the start and he will be pretty much assured of a spot next year, with someone else if not the Rangers.  Probably ditto Zac Jones.  Gauthier is another who did not have a hissy fit when squeezed out and is now getting a chance.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

6 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Kravtsov might want to look at Hajek for a tutorial on what to do when you find yourself squeezed out of the lineup.  The season is long, and you are likely to get a chance at some point, including chances with top players.  Hajek has played this right.  By the end of the year, his stock will be higher than it was at the start and he will be pretty much assured of a spot next year, with someone else if not the Rangers.  Probably ditto Zac Jones.  Gauthier is another who did not have a hissy fit when squeezed out and is now getting a chance.

Well said, Sod....it's a shame too.  Kravvy could've really been a help to himself and the team.  But considering we're actually the #1 team in the league as of today, I wonder how much.

How good does that look in print???     #1 in the NHL

Feels great typing it, I'll tell ya that!!!

15 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Kravtsov and Lundkvist (I like Jones much more as a staple on the blue line) could make a nice package for something we need to strengthen the roster but.....at #1 in the NHL. What do we need? A scoring RW for the top 6?

I'd like to see a skilled, veteran 3rd line center that can play tough, win draws and has playoff experience.  Giroux, or Getlaf types...

Can I get that with a large fries, and a Chocolate Frosty please?  LOL

7 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Agreed. Especially on both Hajek and Jones. Hajek is also a former first-rounder, and Jones said all the right things going down.

But this is all water under the bridge. I've moved into the position of waiting to see the trade return.

3 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

the scenes when his KHL season ends and he comes back to the Rangers, gets a spot in the lineup and goes on a tear.

I know that's not actually going to happen don't flame me

I had to blow up the fine print on that one, BBB.

...would be great if that did happen...who wouldn't wanna play for a winner???  Fuck it, why not!!  I'd be willing to have him back and give it a go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I had to blow up the fine print on that one, BBB.

...would be great if that did happen...who wouldn't wanna play for a winner???  Fuck it, why not!!  I'd be willing to have him back and give it a go.

Apparently he doesn't because he bailed. lol But, I do think there's a chance he comes back here and plays once the KHL season ends whether it is actually for the long haul or a showcase for a trade.

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Apparently he doesn't because he bailed. lol But, I do think there's a chance he comes back here and plays once the KHL season ends whether it is actually for the long haul or a showcase for a trade.

We have leadership around here now, I believe, Sharpy.  Between Gallant, and the "boys"...Reaves, Goodrow, Kreider, and the like...I'd tend to think they'd keep him in check, and straighten his ass out.

We haven't had that type of culture around this team for about a decade, and I think it's starting to show up in a big way.

This team actually has a "feel good" around it right now, and it's something to keep building on....This upcoming road trip is coming at a perfect time for these guys to cement this shit once and for good!  I'm really looking forward to seeing them take this on the road the next 2 weeks!

Edited by Ozzy

Yeah, and they've been solid on the road this year too. I believe they've also played the most games on the road right now in the league, now with this upcoming five game trip, it only means more home cooking in the second half. I do hope they can work something out with Krav and he's actually a part of this team going forward, as was envisioned.

His bridge was burned when he said he was better than other players who made the team. Hard to come back from that. 

He's also not the winger  🍞 & 🧈 need. 

Either Kakko needs to become that guy, and Krav can slot into line 1, or it's hard to see where he fits. He'd upgrade Gauthier as 3RW but does he mesh? 

Hard to fuck with a team that's rolling. He's got a shit attitude. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1