• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

19 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I saw more talent in brief stints by Kravtsov than either of Kakko or Laf. Try and make it work, but only if Kravtsov has learned at least some modicum of humility. Also assuming Drury is capable of practicing humility himself for mistakes he’s made handling this kid.

I’d love to see them try to patch it up and move forward. I do think it’s a long-shot, but who knows. As said, if he’s still in the organization, there’s still a chance. 

It’s a shame he reacted how he did at the time he did though. He’d have been called back up in such short order if he’d have just accepted the assignment to Hartford.

9 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I’d love to see them try to patch it up and move forward. I do think it’s a long-shot, but who knows. As said, if he’s still in the organization, there’s still a chance. 

It’s a shame he reacted how he did at the time he did though. He’d have been called back up in such short order if he’d have just accepted the assignment to Hartford.

Yup. I agree, and I think he’d be here right now if he sucked it up and reported to Hartford.

At the same time, this is a kid who apparently doesn’t “need” things to go his way in the NHL in order to live a quality and comfortable life, or he would have done whatever it took. I can see why that rubs some people the wrong way. It does make him appear spoiled and emotionally immature (not unlike Lias Andersson).

33 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Aeroflot--->India---->Air India to JFK

Well, that depends where he is within Russia....

Train from Saint Petersburg, RU ---> Helsinki, FI ---> JFK

Drive to Tallinn, EE ---> ferry to Helsinki, FI ---> JFK

These routes seem shorter time wise...

Edited by Cr00zng

7 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

Well, that depends where he is within Russia....

Train from Saint Petersburg, RU ---> Helsinki, FI ---> JFK

Drive to Tallinn, EE ---> ferry to Helsinki, FI ---> JFK

These routes seem shorter time wise...

I believe Finlands airspace is shutdown to russian commercial airliners

3 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I believe Finland airspace is shutdown to russian commercial airliners

So is Russian airspace for Finland and other EU countries. Aeroflot also shut down all their international flights to prevent the foreign-leased airplanes from being impounded.

But, that does not impact the train, buss, car and the ferry. The proximity to Helsinki, Finland makes the previously posted route a viable option...

58 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

God forbid there's any problems in the Midtown tunnel or he'll be here by next February!!  😃

Was it Nick Holden traded from Colorodo, who arrived from the airport to Manhattan via chopper? Either way, Pete is right, I'd love to see Kravtsov floating down the river in a basket...😊

• LMFAO 1

On 3/23/2022 at 3:54 PM, Cr00zng said:

So is Russian airspace for Finland and other EU countries. Aeroflot also shut down all their international flights to prevent the foreign-leased airplanes from being impounded.

But, that does not impact the train, buss, car and the ferry. The proximity to Helsinki, Finland makes the previously posted route a viable option...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/finland-suspends-train-connections-russia-091506533.html

Finland's national railway operator said on Friday it would suspend services between Helsinki and Saint Petersburg in Russia on Monday, closing the rail link between Russia and the European Union.

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Dunny said:

25 points in 39 career KHL playoff games, including *checks notes* 22 games as a teenager.

Not many players production rate increases in crunch time, for this guy, he simply hits another gear.

His skill has never been in question.

A lot of people felt at his drafting that he was off the board.

He really wasn’t.

Just a small sample on an under scouted player.

2 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

His skill has never been in question.

A lot of people felt at his drafting that he was off the board.

He really wasn’t.

Just a small sample on an under scouted player.

Dunny was the one pushing to take him that early. I thought we’d get him later. 

agree that skill isn’t a question, it’s heart and head. That’s the difference between NHLers and the rest.

4 minutes ago, josh said:

Dunny was the one pushing to take him that early. I thought we’d get him later. 

agree that skill isn’t a question, it’s heart and head. That’s the difference between NHLers and the rest.

I agree.

But here’s the thing with him… maybe I don’t remember, but I don’t recall there being any questions about his character, makeup, maturity, etc., when he was drafted.

I actually have a college friend who works for a large multinational and has lived in Russia briefly but also spent some time over there on business, like 4-6 weeks at a time. He’s seen and had seen Kravtsov play before he was drafted and he had said to me that he looked amazingly skilled but hadn’t seen him scouted too much. 

Also, when he went back over the first time and got a VHL demotion, I think that really screwed him up. And I think part of the refusal of the AHL assignment was stemming from that 

24 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I agree.

But here’s the thing with him… maybe I don’t remember, but I don’t recall there being any questions about his character, makeup, maturity, etc., when he was drafted.

I actually have a college friend who works for a large multinational and has lived in Russia briefly but also spent some time over there on business, like 4-6 weeks at a time. He’s seen and had seen Kravtsov play before he was drafted and he had said to me that he looked amazingly skilled but hadn’t seen him scouted too much. 

Also, when he went back over the first time and got a VHL demotion, I think that really screwed him up. And I think part of the refusal of the AHL assignment was stemming from that 

Maybe he should start taking some guidance from some of the older people in his life who are trying to make him a better player instead of thinking he knows what's best. 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Maybe he should start taking some guidance from some of the older people in his life who are trying to make him a better player instead of thinking he knows what's best. 

Like his agent? 

i doubt him walking away from Hartford was his decision, only

1 minute ago, josh said:

Like his agent? 

i doubt him walking away from Hartford was his decision, only

He changed agents. He's clearly not getting good advice and seems to want to surround himself with people who just tell him that pump his tires.

Where do they go from here? It was telling that Kravtsov fired his previous agent, Paul Theofanous, during the offseason. He replaced him with Dan Milstein, who declined to comment for this story, but is known for being outspoken on behalf of his clients.